OP
@safis avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2

Ossessionato
@safis avatar
1979 P150X, 1983 P200E, 1987 PK125XL Elestart, 1988 T5, 1995 PX200E, 2011 Yamaha Fazer 600 S2
UTC quote
Do Vespa parts makers / suppliers even care anymore on what they're sending out?? Is there no QC anymore?? And what about SIP?? Do they even check on what they're reselling??

Two different batches / orders of a fuel gauge wire kit. First one, wrong plug, it won't even fit the fuel gauge. Second one came with the correct plugs. Both though, came with rubbers that won't fit the frame. Especially the second one is a joke. They just threw in a rear indicator rubber cap and send it out. Eventually I made my own just by gluing together a starter rubber cap and a grommet...

Enjoy...

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

@grumpnut avatar
UTC

Hooked
'58 VBA

Hooked
@grumpnut avatar
'58 VBA
UTC quote
I never understood how manufacturers can go ahead and make something that is 95% and call it good. Everything seems to need some kind of refinement to be even passable, let alone a grade a replacement. Guess they grade on a curve.
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
V range 50s

Ossessionato
@108 avatar
V range 50s
UTC quote
Yeah same feelings.

Grabor seems to be hit and miss…
Switches and headlight mini harness were terrible.

It's like their old machinery to make the parts is broken and they just didn't fix it.

The larger rubber grommet looks like it's for the spark plug cap on a stock PX
UTC

Ossessionato
Vespas 1964 GS160, 1965 SS180, 1977 V9A1T, 1983 PX150E

Ossessionato
Vespas 1964 GS160, 1965 SS180, 1977 V9A1T, 1983 PX150E
UTC quote
I bought a Grabor wiring harness supposedly for an SS180 from - - -. It was so pitifully made in every way that it was usable. Too short, wrong connectors (of poor quality anyway), and color of wiring not matching original colors, just a Grade A pile of rubbish.
OP
@safis avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@safis avatar
UTC quote
108 wrote:
The larger rubber grommet looks like it's for the spark plug cap on a stock PX
Looks like it, but it's not. I have a few on the shelf so I'm sure…

It's this one…
https://www.scooter-center.com/en/grommet-rear-indicator-siem-vespa-px80-px125-px150-px200-t5-125cc-3331696?number=3331696
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
V range 50s

Ossessionato
@108 avatar
V range 50s
UTC quote
SaFiS wrote:
Looks like it, but it's not. I have a few on the shelf so I'm sure…

It's this one…
https://www.scooter-center.com/en/grommet-rear-indicator-siem-vespa-px80-px125-px150-px200-t5-125cc-3331696?number=3331696
Ah yeah! You're right, I know which one.

Crazy, mix up an indicator grommet with a fuel one.

It's no where near the same size.

SIP aren't checking anything for sure. So many products in and out… they'd rather deal with the bad cases than check stuff.
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
It has happened many many times to me and quite frankly im sick to back teeth of it. I try now, where possible, to source locally even if that means driving some distance so i can visually inspect the item in the shop with the old item to hand. Ive had so much disappointment its ridiculous and they are either picking wrong from the stock room, or just guessing that a part will fit your scoot.
Ive had the wrong fuel tank sent, claimed to be for my model, totally not.
Wrong front mudguard sent with a seam, when it should be seamless, like a T5/PK XL. Small frame side panels which were a joke, welds totally wrong so impossible to latch. Ive had clutch cables sent instead of brake cables. Brake cables sent for completely wrong model. Even a delorto carb straight from the official delorto dealer which was wrong. My list is endless. The process of returning is laborious. If its come from overseas the process is even more laborious of returning, slow to receive refunds of correct parts, postage costs of sending back not reimbursed. Id say for customer service buying scooter parts is the worst thing ever. Damaged items, items sent out supposed to be new and clearly been returned, cylinder kits sent out that had clearly tried to have been fitted and returned and repacked. Its soul destroying and they have either got poorly paid pickers and packers in their distribution or they simply dont give a toss what they send out. This is of course not applicable to all suppliers, but id say a pretty frequent problem for most.
@birdsnest avatar
UTC

Not So Moderator
VNB VSC VMA VSX - o9c vbc vmb

Not So Moderator
@birdsnest avatar
VNB VSC VMA VSX - o9c vbc vmb
UTC quote
Sadly with a shrinking market (vintage vespas are dinosaurs) we can only expect it to get worse. The repop makers aren't incentivized to give a shit when they are just doing 2000 units and no one else is competing for that market share. Drag.
@orwell84 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@orwell84 avatar
UTC quote
I have been dealing with poor quality air cooled VW parts for a long time now.

Often, parts are made of low quality materials or don't fit properly or both.
This applies to engine parts right down to very simple widgets or fasteners.

Working on Vespas, it doesn't seem as bad as there are usually higher cost/quality options to choose from…so far.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0113s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0016s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]