OP
@ketekberantakan avatar
UTC

Vespa S 150 3v

@ketekberantakan avatar
Vespa S 150 3v
UTC quote
Hello everyone, I'm new here, I a noob at modern Vespa (injection system) and I am sorry for bad English. Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon

So I have owned this Vespa around 4yrs bought from someone at Facebook and have many issues. The problems that I often face are mostly in the electrical system, for example the coil cable is broken, the injector cable is broken, the injector connector is broken, the fuse is broken, and even the box is burnt.

So I did a lot of modifications with my own hands. I have replaced the injector, lambda sensor, battery, fuse box (DIY), and cut & connect the body cable with cheap cable for bike.

At the moment it's almost completely normal unless if I use for about 10–15 minutes and gets high temperature, at idle the engine will stall, for example at a red light. The bike will be difficult to start, and it takes a few times to start, and you have to rotate the accelerator and keep it away from idle or the engine will stall again.

My question is does any issue while the cable or bad connector on high temperature will perform the stalling or something else that make the electronic goes wrong? Or maybe other issue like temperature sensor, air flow or throttle body issue?

While engine is cold the start is normal, idle is good rpm is ok, but the exhaust emits a little white smoke.

*I've go to the Piaggio service center at my city and the suggestion is replacing the cable body, throttle body and of course the ECU because its one unit. So I will not take this option.

thanks for any help
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Just stalling or shut it down? In which Moments?

Which year of manufacture?

How many kilometers/miles did it have when you bought it and how many kilometers/miles does it have today?
OP
@ketekberantakan avatar
UTC

Vespa S 150 3v

@ketekberantakan avatar
Vespa S 150 3v
UTC quote
Hello sir, thanks for answer.

Sorry I miss the concept, the bike is dead not stall. And only while ridding after more than 10min, its happen while idle on the red light or traffic jam. Jakarta is so crowded traffic so its anoying me.

It manufacture at 2012-2013 and road at 2014

The km is around 36000 and now is around 40000 (i cant get the actual detail bcs last two years the speedometer dead at 37800) is daily use i guest.
@jkj-fz6 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125

Ossessionato
@jkj-fz6 avatar
BV400, Primavera 150, Yamaha Zuma 125
UTC quote
Have the valve clearances been checked? That's something that can cause stalling when hot.
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
JKJ-FZ6 wrote:
Have the valve clearances been checked? That's something that can cause stalling when hot.
^^^This is why I'm asking on mileage…

Check valve clearance, when you are not sure when it is done last time
OP
@ketekberantakan avatar
UTC

Vespa S 150 3v

@ketekberantakan avatar
Vespa S 150 3v
UTC quote
ok thanks buddy I'll check the valve clearance and see if there is not match with the manual doc.
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Good luck!

Please give a feedback when done…
OP
@ketekberantakan avatar
UTC

Vespa S 150 3v

@ketekberantakan avatar
Vespa S 150 3v
UTC quote
Hello,
Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon Scooter emoticon

I haven't checked the valve clearance yet, but I found that the air hose intake to the air filter is broken.

While I use an open air filter and make the engine rpm at idle increased. I've been doing a test drive for a few minutes and it doesn't seem to happen that the engine dead at a red light or when the road is in traffic.

I will update if there any issue again.

Thanks Mate.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0097s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0023s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]