OP
UTC

Vespa Primavera 125

Vespa Primavera 125
UTC quote
Hi all - about to buy a Vespa Primavera 125 and am looking to get a full face helmet to store in the under seat storage.

What helmets fit in there? Ideally there would be a list of helmets that fit (as I am sure I'm not the first one to have this question). From some other topics I had heard that some HJCs would fit, but nobody specified the model.
I have a relatively large head and L is the size for most helmet brands for me.

Would strongly prefer to avoid having to lock it and leave it hanging or using the top box for it (where I would leave the other full face helmet for my girlfriend)..

Thanks a lot in advance!!
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
A helmet must first and foremost fit on your head, whether it then also fits into the helmet compartment is another matter.

Go to a dealer, find a helmet that fits you and then try whether it fits in the helmet compartment...
@jakem avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Sprint Sport S 125cc

Addicted
@jakem avatar
Vespa Sprint Sport S 125cc
UTC quote
The English Primavera / Sprint have more space under the seat than the American versions.

Saying that, some open face helmets don't even fit! I believe all the Vespa branded ones do fit.

One option is to consider a top box, the other option is to choose open face.

Personally, in a city environment I prefer open face as I have much greater visibility and I can make eye contact with people at roundabouts so I know they've seen me.

Full face personally makes sense on quicker roads though.

Edit: Most dealers often sell helmets and you can try and see if it fits into one of their demo bikes. I did find the majority of the open faced helmets were even too large.
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Clearly, you need to get a smaller head.
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
The GTS (and presumably the Primavera/Sprint) has a hook under the seat that you can hang a helmet from with the D rings. This lets you store your helmet while you're away so long as you're in a reasonably unvandalous place.

I know the Beverly has a massive underseat bucket that fits even AGV's large shell size. I don't know what's under the Primavera, but it's presumably small (since the Primavera has more tapered hips than its bigger brethren.)
OP
UTC

Vespa Primavera 125

Vespa Primavera 125
UTC quote
Thanks everybody - enjoyed the funny answers haha

Seems like indeed the best option is to just find a number of helmets that fit me and then try to fit them under the seat.

Still, if anyone has a FF helmet that they know fits, please let me know as it would make the process a lot faster.

Thanks!!
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
vittoriotolo wrote:
Seems like indeed the best option is to just find a number of helmets that fit me and then try to fit them under the seat.
Yes!
vittoriotolo wrote:
Still, if anyone has a FF helmet that they know fits, please let me know as it would make the process a lot faster.
Nope!
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
OP
UTC

Vespa Primavera 125

Vespa Primavera 125
UTC quote
Thanks all for the answers - any idea if this one in size L would fit?

https://www.caberg.it/en/helmets/jet/freeride
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0093s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0037s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]