UTC

Lurker
Vespa Primavera 150 PicNic

Lurker
@berriosam avatar
Vespa Primavera 150 PicNic
UTC quote
Hello everyone!

I'm a brand new rider and I'm looking for a used Vespa as my starter (still thinking of maybe pulling the trigger on a new one) so I found this one and I really like it a lot. I have included an image and a video they have on YouTube.

It's a 2009 Vespa LXV150 with 6008miles

Let me know your thoughts and if anything seems off with the video.

Thank you so much!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by berriosam on UTC; edited 1 time
UTC

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150
UTC quote
I tried the link and it did not work.

If you try the link and it doesn't work then it won't for us either...at the bottom of the post a reply page is a preview tab where you can check to see if a link works.

Failing that you can check after you have posted the reply and edit the reply so that the link works.

Pretty friendly and helpful group here but some effort is required to make a good post that will get some replies.

You should put a little more information in the post about yourself and the scooter in question specifically you mentioned that you are also thinking of a new model. Why would you consider used? How many miles and what is the asking?

If you are trying to save money buying used from a dealer is not the answer but if you are not mechanically inclined and more concerned about establishing a relationship with a dealer for maintenance then that may be the way to go for you.

There is a thread on here the "modern vespa deal of the day" where some people post what they think are good deals on used modern scoots and other people explain to them how totally and completely full of sh*t they are...great fun and a good resource to get an idea of what values and prices are.

I am on a budget and would classify myself as an advanced amateur mechanic so I am always looking for bargains and value. Also I would try to find a good private mechanic instead of a dealer. I think that in most cases you will get a better result for less money and regardless you should not have to buy a used scooter from a dealer to get them to do good service to the used scooter you buy from a private party.
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
Just a couple of comments about an '09 LXV. That scooter would be 14 years old so condition and maintenance history is everything. And, as I recall, '09 is the last year of the carbed version of that engine in the US. The Vespa 150s have been fuel injected ever since. I've owned both and personally prefer the fuel injection.
⚠️ Last edited by Dooglas on UTC; edited 1 time
@californiacruising avatar
UTC

Addicted
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300

Addicted
@californiacruising avatar
2015 Sprint 150, 2018 GTS 300
UTC quote
That is a cool looking scooter but I've been seeing some really good deals on late model Primaveras and Sprints 150s, not as classically cool but pretty close and way fresher, evolved versions with front ABS
UTC

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150
UTC quote
Hey thanks for the update to the link. After watching it seems to start and run just like it is supposed to.

Also seems like high end of asking for what it is but it could have just had $2,000 worth of work just put into it by the shop with all new fluids and new rubber hoses and belt as well as replacing wheel and headset bearings...

Probably none of those things but the dealer will say every last one of them was "checked" which is why the $3,500 price.

Not horrible but probably not something to put on modern deal of the day. They may very well be negotiable at the shop selling the bike. I would ask them what they would give me for it if I brought it in for sale? I would then explain the reason I asked the question is that I am new to riding and not sure this is the bike for me...

They might make you a guaranteed trade in offer as long as it isn't crashed so you can try it to for a long term test drive to see how you like it. They might also make you a deal on future service or labor rates like a gift card type of thing if you buy the scooter good for future mechanic fees for when you need new tires and a belt.

One of the nice things about having a carbureted vespa are the videos Robot has on youtube. If you ever wanted to learn how to work on a carburetor and expand your mechanical abilities the Robot vespa videos are awesome!

@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
That's a good looking bike, and a decent price. If you like it, buy it. You won't regret it.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0108s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0027s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]