OP
UTC

Lurker
LX 150

Lurker
LX 150
UTC quote
Hi all,

Noticed oil light had come on while riding a few weeks back, so I brought it in and changed the oil (first time I've done it myself). I got the filter swapped, but the bolt to valve was not coming off for anything. After hours of messing with it I got a plastic tube and a shampoo pump and literally pumped all of the old oil out before replacing with new oil. After restarting, the light is staying on still, even after letting it idle for a few minutes. Is this normal before actually riding it anywhere? I'm afraid to ride it and do damage, and am unsure if my makeshift oil change could be the culprit, though the light WAS on prior to it as well.

Appreciate any insight/ experience you guys may have related to this.
@slowpoke avatar
UTC

Hooked
1952 allstate (early), 1958 allstate, 2009 S150, 2001 ET2

Hooked
@slowpoke avatar
1952 allstate (early), 1958 allstate, 2009 S150, 2001 ET2
UTC quote
The light should go off with in a second or two from starting the scooter. The light's purpose is to show a low oil pressure condition. This oil light is not for an oil change need or a low oil light. If your oil is low enough to make a low pressure event it would then come on. The sensor is the first thing I would check. If that is broken than it is just a replacement. If your riding with the light on and it is a low pressure event, it definitely caused damage.
@pinkscooter avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 250ie Super, Italjet Velocifero, Scarabeo 150, S50, ET4, ET2

Addicted
@pinkscooter avatar
GTS 250ie Super, Italjet Velocifero, Scarabeo 150, S50, ET4, ET2
UTC quote
What Slowpoke said. My ET4 had an oil the oil light come on a new sensor and I haven't seen it since.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
check the connector at the pressure sensor, and the sensor. hopefully it's just a bad (loose, broken, corroded) connection or bad sensor.

anyway, start there it's cheap and easy.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0124s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0047s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]