OP
UTC

Piaggio MP3 500

Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
Hi everyone.. found the group while looking for some troubleshooting guide.. i just bought myself a used MP3 500 a few weeks ago.. absolutely LOVE IT!! however it died on me the other day as i approach a traffic light and would not start again. Starter just kept on buzzing..typical of a dead battery.. just got lucky that there was a motorcycle shop i know around the corner so took it there.. they kindly jumpstarted it and fired up immediately!
While there the technician offered to check the charging which showed that it was only charging the battery @ 9.5v to 11.5v while idling..should be higher normally?
I thought it's no good having it in this state so i left it with them to sort out..
I just found out about the "hidden fuse" here so did not had any chance checking this before taking it to the shop..
In my head it could be the stator, voltage regulator, wiring or just the hidden fuse.. any guesses?
Thanks in advance..
@treppenwitz avatar
UTC

saggezza di scala
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie

saggezza di scala
@treppenwitz avatar
2009 'Burma Shave' Red GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Shalom and welcome from Israel.
@bluside avatar
UTC

Addicted
2020 GTS 300, 2011 LX150ie

Addicted
@bluside avatar
2020 GTS 300, 2011 LX150ie
UTC quote
Welcome. We love pictures. Hint Hint
OP
UTC

Piaggio MP3 500

Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
Will do.. once i get it back from the shop.. after i put my Black widow exhaust and change the windscreen..
OP
UTC

Piaggio MP3 500

Piaggio MP3 500
UTC quote
This is how i got it..
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0103s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0025s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]