@kawzak avatar
UTC

Addicted
New 2023 BV-400

Addicted
@kawzak avatar
New 2023 BV-400
UTC quote
Have you had to return to dealer after purchasing a new BV 400 to get any software updates/upgrades even if it was months or more after the purchase ? Thanks for any replies.
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Every modern vehicle gets software updates from time to time. These can be minimal adjustments, improvements or even bug fixes. As a rule, such updates are made during regular service intervals or other workshop visits without the customer noticing. Piaggio uses a proprietary, closed system for this: P.A.D.S., In addition, in individual cases there MAY be officially ordered or voluntary recalls by the manufacturer.

Software updates are not equal to a recall (and vice versa), but there are recalls that are done with a software update.

Note: Softwareupdates (when they are not a recall) are only visible if dealer connect vehicle with PADS for diagnose!)

Note: "Recall" in this context does not necessarily mean an unscheduled workshop visit, especially in the case of software updates it often means "at the next opportunity" (i.e. next scheduled workshop visit).

To check if there are "Recalls" for your vehicle, please double-check (But only dealer will be able to determine software updates beyond recalls while connecting vehicle to PADS!):

- https://www.nhtsa.gov/
- check VIN with http://recall.piaggiogroup.com/default.aspx?BRAND=&LANG=EN
Note: Even if the Piaggio database does not show a recall for your VIN, that does not mean there is no recall. Only Piaggio or a dealer can confirm/exclude a recall based on the VIN.
- Call Vespa direct, and ask if your VIN is affected (and if yes if recall is done when vehicle is pre-owned)
https://www.vespa.com/us_EN/customer-care/
- And/or contact dealer to check your VIN

To make it clear:

- in general there are several "levels" of recalls (e.g. official recalls, safety related, non-safety related, etc) -> Depending on the level of issue there are different ways to communicate to customer and to solve the problem.

Quintessence: Visit your dealer and check for recals and/or software updates.
@cdwise avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300, Buddy 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@cdwise avatar
GTS 300, Buddy 125
UTC quote
I don't know if it is a "required" recall but I know at least one software update was done on my 2023 GRS Super Sport when it went in for service. Since the update it has connected to the app flawlessly every time. Before that I could connect the scoot but had not been able to reliably connect the app so I'm assuming it was a bug fix in the Bluetooth connectivity module at least.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0101s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0016s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]