Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
Quote:
REVOLUTION MOTO IS CLOSING ITS DOORS OCT. 31, 2023

Revolution Moto Scooters has faithfully served the North Bay scootering community since 2003. This Autumn marks a bittersweet end of an era as we PERMANENTLY close our doors after 20 years

That leaves SF with Scuderia in The City and Rockridge Two Wheels in the East Bay.

RevMoto was technically an hour away, but they did pickup and delivery in The City. The owner managed Vespa SF before it became Scuderia, so he had a lot of ties to The City.
@tidwillow avatar
UTC

Hooked
GILERA FUOCO II & GTS 300 SUPER

Hooked
@tidwillow avatar
GILERA FUOCO II & GTS 300 SUPER
UTC quote
And Scuderia bought Rockridge Two Wheels a while back. I hope RTW will still work on bikes older than ten years old. That's Scuderias work rules now, and shops are getting hard to find.
OP
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
SFMoto only works on pre-HPE. They were the grey market service shop before Piaggio formally shipped to the US. As such, they had parts and expertise for older motos, but don't have enough newer volume to upgrade. They mostly do Japanese brands now.

Convenient for a tire change, but that's about all they'll do on a newer Vespa.
@mythrpy avatar
UTC

2020 GTV 300ie/ Sei Giorni

@mythrpy avatar
2020 GTV 300ie/ Sei Giorni
UTC quote
This news hit me hard. I bought my scooter here and loved visiting the shop (a 1/2 hour trip from Sonoma to Santa Rosa on beautiful HWY 12). I've owned many bikes over the years and you become used to dealing with the service manager who directs your scoot to the mechanic, whom you have no contact or relationship with, and finally you deal with the cashier in order to pick up the bike. At Revolution Moto Pete, the owner, was honest, supportive, and developed a solid relationship with each customer. On the service side you always had access to Trustin, the mechanic, who was quite capable and would test ride your scooter if needed to confirm your amateur diagnosis.

On the positive side the local PostMod Scooter Club, of which Pete is president, will continue into the future, and Trustin is looking for a space in order to continue providing service to the local scooter community. Best of luck to the crew at RevMoto!
OP
@mayorofnow avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS 300 HPE

Molto Verboso
@mayorofnow avatar
2020 GTS 300 HPE
UTC quote
If I still lived in San Francisco, I'd absolutely keep going to Trustin.
@nedlug avatar
UTC

Primavera 150 touring

@nedlug avatar
Primavera 150 touring
UTC quote
There is also Marin Speed Shop in San Rafael.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0106s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0025s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]