2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
I kept whittling away on a block of foam rubber until:
1) it stays in place, and quickly
2) blocks all the bothersome glare from these expensive OEM Piaggio accessories for a Liberty

Just remove and toss under the after your night ride.

Piaggio fixed this glare-back problem on the newer screens...with the broad black collar near the headlight.

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

O.S.
⬆️    About 2 months elapsed    ⬇️
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Or you can hook up the indicators in the body, remove the stupid US market indicators and install the windshield like Piaggio intended. That does an even better job of getting rid of the glare, which is why you don't see everyone and her sister kvetch about it on EU forums.
Piaggio makes US version windshields for the Primavera and Sprint, that work with the US market indicators, but they don't seem as inclined to do so for the Liberty. Likely because they mark the the US Vespa shields way up, and don't see the same numbers there for the Liberty shield.
OP
@oldschooot avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
UTC quote
Motovista wrote:
Or you can hook up the indicators in the body, remove the stupid US market indicators and install the windshield like Piaggio intended. That does an even better job of getting rid of the glare, which is why you don't see everyone and her sister kvetch about it on EU forums.
Piaggio makes US version windshields for the Primavera and Sprint, that work with the US market indicators, but they don't seem as inclined to do so for the Liberty. Likely because they mark the the US Vespa shields way up, and don't see the same numbers there for the Liberty shield.
Not easy - but I found a guy in Europe with his lights on and the OEM Piaggio Liberty flyscreen installed. No USA turn pods.
It is installed properly - as close to and as high above the headlight as possible.....just as we Gringos have done.
He has our glare, too.

Years ago the parts counterman at Vespa Motorsport acknowledged that "there is a known glare problem with this screen."

We are not mounting it incorrectly. Turn pods or no - it makes no difference.

The screen is a mistake. Piaggio made a mistake.

I like the turn pods. Very visible - and better than Robot's Euro-kit where the indicator is blinking in the same housing as the DRL LED! The after-fit needs to cut the LED during the signal operation.
O.S.

PS: it does add one safety feature to night riding.....the glare-back nicely lights up my hi-viz chest!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0099s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0038s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]