UTC

Atypical Canadian
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie

Atypical Canadian
@adri avatar
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
UTC quote
Still as impressive as the first time

From England to Mongolia on an ET125... and back.
@lars_danner avatar
UTC

Hooked
2014 GTV300; 2009 S50

Hooked
@lars_danner avatar
2014 GTV300; 2009 S50
UTC quote
So cool. I would have been very interested to know how she managed the logistics on that trip. She would have needed to change tires and her belt least once maybe twice. Also getting through all those country's immigration couldn't have been easy.
⚠️ Last edited by Lars_Danner on UTC; edited 1 time
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
UTC quote
The route reminds me about this

I read the whole story from these sidecar guys...Siperia in winter sure ain't fun
OP
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Lars_Danner wrote:
So cool. I would have been very interested to know how she managed the logistics on that trip. She would have needed to change tires and her belt least once maybe twice. Also getting through all those countries immigration couldn't have been easy.
The neat thing about an ET4 vs an LX or newer model is that in a pinch you can use just about any 10 inch tire, like the 3.50 ones that you can find just about anywhere in the world. It's not ideal, but it beats walking. Good luck finding 11 inch tires in the middle of Mongolia.
If you show up on a motorcycle unannounced, at most any border where people from your country don't need a visa, you can usually fill out some paperwork, pay a fee, and possibly a bribe, and get in. Otherwise, you can sometimes get a pass that allows you travel to the nearest city where visas are issued by the government of the country you are trying to enter.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0259s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0022s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]