OP
@501 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@501 avatar
UTC quote
Got a flat tire on the rear last night about a mile from home. I was able to pull onto a bank parking lot and park the bike there overnight.

The rear tire has less than 1,000 miles.

My question is do I get it towed to the local piaggio dealer or to any local tire store?
UTC

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport

Hooked
2016 Mp3 500ie Sport
UTC quote
Can you patch the tire if its not in the side-wall? These patches should hold up for the life of the tire, no need to replace it unless its a really big issue.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dynaplug-ultralite-tubeless-tire-repair-kit?sku_id=1037279

Micro-Pump to inflate it back up.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/dynaplug-micro-inflator-v2-air-pump-compressor?sku_id=1282449

The Mp3 rear-tire is a pain to swap due to all the hardware and plastic that has to come off. I doubt a standard tire shop could handle it and likely doesn't keep any compatible tire models in stock. If possible you should take it to at least a motorcycle shop to replace the tire.

If you can, you should always carry a tire-patch kit and pump with you. The pump alone is worth the investment so you can adjust tire pressure to be higher or lower based on conditions. I typically increase pressure for passengers and highway then decrease a little bit for rougher twisty roads for better grip.
⚠️ Last edited by pinheadh78 on UTC; edited 1 time
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
501 wrote:
Got a flat tire on the rear last night about a mile from home. I was able to pull onto a bank parking lot and park the bike there overnight.

My question is do I get it towed to the local piaggio dealer or to any local tire store?
a local tire store ,NO WAY, NADA, not happening.

piaggio dealer yes another scooter shop yes (if they will work on it)
A motorcycle shop yes( if they will work on it)

who installed the tire? can you take it there?

do you know what caused the flat?
UTC

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 ie 400 (RIP)

Hooked
Piaggio MP3 ie 400 (RIP)
UTC quote
501 wrote:

Best thing is to call the place before heading out to that place and see if they are able to work on your scooter, that is the best way to go. Also, it is a great idea (and investment) to buy and carry the flat tire items (as others stated), you can find them in any auto or bike shop and they are not expensive. Also, there are the CO2 containers, you may need a few to inflate the tire to a good level that it will not damage if ride on your scooter to the repair shop.
@bean_counter avatar
UTC

Hooked
2016 BV350 White

Hooked
@bean_counter avatar
2016 BV350 White
UTC quote
The Dynaplugs are a total pain in the butt to use. I couldn't get them to work. I suggest a regular plug kit from an auto parts store, if you are going to plug it yourself.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0230s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0017s) ][ Debug on ][ 309 ][ Thing One ]