UTC

Ossessionato
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX

Ossessionato
@oldschooot avatar
2018 LIBERTY 150S, 2013 Kymco LIKE200iLX
UTC quote
Yeah. Me, too!
My Piaggio/Vespa dealer in a small rural town in Ohio closed his doors a few weeks after being hit by a small tornado.
During those "few weeks", when there was lots of plywood in the windows - I swung by and helped them unbox a new red Liberty S.
I'd researched the scooter as much as one can with my Dell. Good reviews by JustGottaScooter and a few others made me take the next step of purchasing a service manual to see if it was going to be a bear to service. I also saw that there were at least two good sources for OEM parts (CA & TX)~!
I like what I saw - and I have enjoyed this scooter's flawless performance since purchasing it in 2017.

It's a bummer that my dealer closed his doors, but even if it blew up tomorrow - I figure I've got my $$'s worth!

It's never been back to a Piaggio/Vespa dealer. There aren't any around.

A large % of my faith in this (Vietnamese) Piaggio comes from years of owning my (Chinese) 2012 LIKE200iLX Kymco. The Kymco has been back to the dealer one time for a new part under it's 2 year warranty.....it too is easy to service with OEM parts by mail and has been flawless as well.

I never buy the "Two Year Extended Warranty" either - Heck if I though this toaster was going to crap out.... I wouldn't buy it!

O.S.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@jbacklund avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2020 GTS300 HPE/2022 Triumph Rocket 3R

Molto Verboso
@jbacklund avatar
2020 GTS300 HPE/2022 Triumph Rocket 3R
UTC quote
It can be a bit challenging for us somewhat non-mechanical (me) Vespa owners out here on the frontier, but with the help of a good mail-order parts and accessory supplier (hint: Southern California-based), and certain 'Robotic YouTube How-To' videos, (if you know what I mean), I have been able to successfully muck through my GTS300's repair and maintenance chores...so far, and unless it involves some truly deeply immersive procedure, I'm pretty certain that I will be able to keep my bike zipping around here for as long as I own it.

I certainly DO wish that I had the convenience of a servicing Piaggio dealer closer than 400 miles, but it ain't gonna happen unless they could survive on the meager patronization of possibly two Vespa owners in the entire western South Dakota region, and one of those two being more rumored than observed.

On the other hand, dealing with my GTS's admittedly minor mechanical hiccups and explosions (drive belt), by necessity, I have acquired a measure of independence with this little machine that I rarely had with the other motorcycles I have, or had, though admittedly, in some cases my dealer dependency has been a byproduct of my inherent laziness more than anything else.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0085s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0026s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]