@paluss avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300

Hooked
@paluss avatar
GTS300
UTC quote
Had not ridden the GTS in about a month. Tired of looking at it plugged into the battery tender, sunny and about 41 degrees in Maryland, what the heck lets take a ride. Grabbed the heated jacket and gloves, and my taller riding boots. 2 bars on the fuel gauge and I am off heading toward Damascus Md on one of my favorite back roads. A little brisk with the wind chill factor, but only my knee caps are getting cold, tuck my feet and knees behind the leg shield and all is fine.

After about 50 minutes the heat gear has me nice and toasty as I start to really enjoy the ride, curves, and lack of traffic. Time to get gas, been having over spill issues despite using the screw on funnel thing, but someone mentioned positioning the nozzle of the storage bin and it worked perfectly clicking off after 1.6 gallons of spill free petrol in the tank.

Its about 3:00 now and heading back home (I wanted to keep going but too many deer on these roads during dusk and night) with a smile on my face. Pull into garage, and walked out to the mail box and noticed that my license plate and holder are gone???

I rode about a total of 50 miles, and about 15 miles back home after getting gas is where it must have fallen off. I was surprise to see this small tab was the only thing hold it on and it snapped off. oh well the ride was still fun!!!!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@adri avatar
UTC

Atypical Canadian
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie

Atypical Canadian
@adri avatar
2009 Vespa S50(LX150 motor swap), 2006 Vespa GTS250ie
UTC quote
Report it as missing ASAP.

If you don't and the wrong character finds it, they can throw that on their bike and get all of their toll roads and photo radar speeding tickets paid for until you do.
OP
@paluss avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300

Hooked
@paluss avatar
GTS300
UTC quote
Thanks, just ordered a replacement tag. Not sure if I want to use another OEM holder, or I may have to add a few bolts to make sure that doesn't happen again...
UTC

Hooked
2001 ET4 "Mona"

Hooked
2001 ET4 "Mona"
UTC quote
adri wrote:
Report it as missing ASAP.

If you don't and the wrong character finds it, they can throw that on their bike and get all of their toll roads and photo radar speeding tickets paid for until you do.
Yeah, that's good advice. What a bummer.

I recently had to go to central PA and used the turnpike. I don't have easy pass on my truck, and there was no cash lane on the turnpike so I was in the Pay-By-Tag system. When the bill came in. It cost me $47 in tolls to go to Mechanicsville and back. Outrageous!!!

As Adri suggests, a clean tag could be a valuable possesion.
@bluside avatar
UTC

Addicted
2020 GTS 300, 2011 LX150ie

Addicted
@bluside avatar
2020 GTS 300, 2011 LX150ie
UTC quote
Sorry that happened to you. The first thing I thought of was an old Harley I had where parts would mysteriously be missing.

Nice part of Md. to ride. I'm originally from there and know some of those back roads. I learned to fly at Montgomery Co. airpark in 1973 when there was absolutely nothing around the airport. Kind of built up now.
OP
@paluss avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300

Hooked
@paluss avatar
GTS300
UTC quote
Yep, the small airport is still there, I use to go watch the planes come and go. A lot more development in the area.
@armedferret avatar
UTC

Addicted
'23 300 Super

Addicted
@armedferret avatar
'23 300 Super
UTC quote
I live in the Dena area but work at the Fort. Commute regularly on the GTS.

Agreed with reporting that tag ASAP if you haven't already. You should be able to record the date it was first noticed missing just in case it was found by a less than scrupulous feller or feller-ette.
OP
@paluss avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS300

Hooked
@paluss avatar
GTS300
UTC quote
thank you Sir
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0428s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0270s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]