OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa 50 Special (V5A2T)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3
 
Lurker
Vespa 50 Special (V5A2T)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3
UTC quote
Hi,

I'm looking for the right luggage rack for my Vespa 50 Special (V5A2T) German model. Next to the taillight on my Vespa, there are two holes where a luggage rack would have been mounted.

Does somebody know which luggage rack was mounted there?

Regards, Diego
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
PX 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2355
 
Ossessionato
@108 avatar
PX 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2355
UTC quote
Indicator light holders?

Can't remember if it's in that position or on the side.
OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa 50 Special (V5A2T)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3
 
Lurker
Vespa 50 Special (V5A2T)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3
UTC quote
108 wrote:
Indicator light holders?

Can't remember if it's in that position or on the side.
No, those are on the side. Multiple people told me those are mounting points for a luggage carrier. Even SIP-scooters told me, but this luggage carrier isn't made anymore so I have to look for a second hand one.

But it's hard to find one, if I don't know what I'm looking for
@108 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
PX 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2355
 
Ossessionato
@108 avatar
PX 200
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2355
UTC quote
DPP83 wrote:
No, those are on the side. Multiple people told me those are mounting points for a luggage carrier. Even SIP-scooters told me, but this luggage carrier isn't made anymore so I have to look for a second hand one.

But it's hard to find one, if I don't know what I'm looking for
Make your own…

But you need a reference to follow…
@ray8 avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1812
Location: Los Angeles
 
Molto Verboso
@ray8 avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1812
Location: Los Angeles
UTC quote
DPP83 wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for the right luggage rack for my Vespa 50 Special (V5A2T) German model. Next to the taillight on my Vespa, there are two holes where a luggage rack would have been mounted.

Does somebody know which luggage rack was mounted there?

Regards, Diego
Looks like someone drilled their own holes to fit a rack
Most rear racks I've found land outside from there.

This is an "ET3" rack on ebay. Looks more like a PK rack with those two holes on the bracket. Maybe you could make it work with a drill, if you're able to confirm the distance between those bracket landings

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165962861005?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1q9COM8LVQK-TzctpJJSmHw68&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=165962861005&targetid=1644837436203&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9030953&poi=&campaignid=20125739985&mkgroupid=149128855676&rlsatarget=pla-1644837436203&abcId=9312975&merchantid=133930289&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA29auBhBxEiwAnKcSqtGWJWESDD5A2NP_RtkJXhwX6OIiuVvxzXJmRTNaHKvzt_KsLkzipxoCUroQAvD_BwE

The SIP rack bolts to the licence plate holder holes, if you're not overly concerned with covering those old holes. There are several other options as well.

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/luggage-carrier-rear_25033030?usrc=rear%20rack
OP
UTC

Lurker
Vespa 50 Special (V5A2T)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3
 
Lurker
Vespa 50 Special (V5A2T)
Joined: UTC
Posts: 3
UTC quote
Ray8 wrote:
Looks like someone drilled their own holes to fit a rack
Most rear racks I've found land outside from there.

This is an "ET3" rack on ebay. Looks more like a PK rack with those two holes on the bracket. Maybe you could make it work with a drill, if you're able to confirm the distance between those bracket landings

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165962861005?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1q9COM8LVQK-TzctpJJSmHw68&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=165962861005&targetid=1644837436203&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9030953&poi=&campaignid=20125739985&mkgroupid=149128855676&rlsatarget=pla-1644837436203&abcId=9312975&merchantid=133930289&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA29auBhBxEiwAnKcSqtGWJWESDD5A2NP_RtkJXhwX6OIiuVvxzXJmRTNaHKvzt_KsLkzipxoCUroQAvD_BwE

The SIP rack bolts to the licence plate holder holes, if you're not overly concerned with covering those old holes. There are several other options as well.

https://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/product/luggage-carrier-rear_25033030?usrc=rear%20rack
I think I found it, it might even be my Vespa, but not sure:): 'Bello Giallo', my little yellow Vespino (Sold - Nov. 2019)
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0270s ][ Queries: 5 (0.0023s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]