OP
UTC

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150
UTC quote
Has anybody seen this? I was logging on to facebook to find another deal of the day on marketplace and this showed up on the feed, obviously a commercial but I was curious so I watched it.

From the videos it looks pretty incredible. The thing I was most impressed with was the ability to weld aluminum and how quickly and easily it changes to different materials.

I realize this is just a video and everything can be faked now but I have seen in person some really good welders and this if it is true could be a game changer. It looks like anybody that can weld even just slightly with a MIG could be welding aluminum or stainless "just like that" never mind years of practicing TIG. It looks like it would be perfect for reconditioning old scooter cases or other alloy parts as those mixed aluminum alloy parts can be very difficult to dial in the filler metal when TIG welding.

Then I saw the price tag when I clicked on the buy it now and that's what got me to thinking this is the real deal. For the cheapest handheld LightWELD Laser welder it is $22,500 and it looks like it gets up to $30K "just like that" (sex in the city reference but my wife made me watch it...)

Here is a link to the price and to the videos if you are interested.

https://shop.ipgphotonics.com/lightweld-systems

https://lasersystems.ipgphotonics.com/Products/Handheld-Systems/Handheld-Laser-Welding-and-Cleaning-System#nav-103-overview
OP
UTC

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150

Addicted
2020 piaggio liberty 150
UTC quote
If anybody in the tri-state area gets one of these I would sure like to come see it in operation!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0198s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0015s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]