OP
UTC

Lurker
Piaggio BV 200 2005

Lurker
Piaggio BV 200 2005
UTC quote
I managed to pick up a 2005 Piaggio BV 200 for $600. The previous owner had it sitting for 3 years due to a coolant leak. I was able to put it all back together with a used Radiator however for the life of me I could not figure out how to mount the fan, Every position I tried the fan motor either hit the frame or pitched the radiator way to far forward. I settled on only mounting with 1 bolt at an angle but now I can not put on the final piece of trim around the gas tank as the fan motor is in the way.

Any pictures or write ups would help. I did a lot of cross referencing and it is clearly the correct radiator and fan.
@petercc avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Piaggio Beverly 300 ie - 2012

Molto Verboso
@petercc avatar
UTC quote
MitchKCMO wrote:
I managed to pick up a 2005 Piaggio BV 200 for $600. The previous owner had it sitting for 3 years due to a coolant leak. I was able to put it all back together with a used Radiator however for the life of me I could not figure out how to mount the fan, Every position I tried the fan motor either hit the frame or pitched the radiator way to far forward. I settled on only mounting with 1 bolt at an angle but now I can not put on the final piece of trim around the gas tank as the fan motor is in the way.

Any pictures or write ups would help. I did a lot of cross referencing and it is clearly the correct radiator and fan.
I have a 2012 BV. The next generation BV.
Did you record where the fan was before you replaced the radiator?
OP
UTC

Lurker
Piaggio BV 200 2005

Lurker
Piaggio BV 200 2005
UTC quote
Unfortunately the previous owner disassembled everything and let it sit in his garage for 3 years. I did review part diagrams online and attempted several times to mount it as shown however the giant electric motor on the fan just kept hitting the frame.
@petercc avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@petercc avatar
UTC quote
Maybe this exploded view can be of any help?
Left is front, right is rear.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

Lurker
Piaggio BV 200 2005

Lurker
Piaggio BV 200 2005
UTC quote
Well not sure how I missed this but the radiator actually bolts on to the plastic tray/spacer #9 in the parts diagram. Previous owner must have misplaced that and it just happens the radiator had nubs on it that are in the exact same location to mount to the frame.

Thank you for making me review that diagram again. $21 plastic part score.... ouch $60 shipping...

I will likely try to make my own spacer before paying that shipping to properly raise the radiator and mount the fan above the cross memeber of the frame.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0088s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0019s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]