UTC

Foiled
Racing 60's Sprint - 'Red' Primavera

Foiled
@baudler avatar
UTC quote
Hello

I've been a Nolan helmet wearing snob since 2007. I always admired and secretly wanted a Shoei helmet. I finally made the switch and I wonder why it took me this long. The comfort is luxurious compared to any Nolan I've worn. I bought the Neotec 2 on close out from my local Cycle Gear. I'm on my maiden voyage but I had to stop for some biscuits and gravy 1st.

Y'all have a great day and thanks for reading my quick story. Update after my relocation ride to South Carolina.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@baudler avatar
UTC

Foiled

Foiled
@baudler avatar
UTC quote
I made the short relocation. The Shoei made the trip easier to endure. It's quiet and doesn't bob my head around.
@nycsuburbscoot avatar
UTC

2024 Liberty 150 S

@nycsuburbscoot avatar
2024 Liberty 150 S
UTC quote
Nice! I had a Shoei in the early 90s when I had my first scooter at age 15 (Honda Elite 80). Fast forward to now and I got my second scooter after a 30 year hiatus and another Shoei helmet. It was creepy the memories it brought back - the smell, the feel, etc. They really make a great and safe product.
UTC

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125

Molto Verboso
2023 Genuine Buddy 125
UTC quote
I was a Nolan user forever as well. I swapped over to Schuberth helmets. Much quieter and lighter. I also owned a Shoei, non-modular, in the past and liked it. I tried a Neotech on but liked the fit of the Schuberth a bit better.

But you can't go wrong with the Neotec. Top everything, no compromise on anything.
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
Triumph Bonneville 2022, Triumph Street Scrambler 2018 (sold), Suzuki VanVan200 (sold), 2015 Sprint 125 (sold)
UTC quote
Congrats, a nice looking helmet!

If I hadn't a head shaped like the Alien, a long oval, I'd probably have a Shoei GT-Air. Very similar to Neotec, without the flip-up feature.

Arai's models have the best fit for me, and they are very nice hand-made quality too, but I could do a bit less, with a bit lesser price tag - Shoei would be just perfect, with very high quality too.
OP
@baudler avatar
UTC

Foiled

Foiled
@baudler avatar
UTC quote
I had to laugh when I was walking out of the Cycle Gear. Old guy asked me what I rode. I told him a Vespa and he said what? I said the Italian scooter company and his eyes lit up and said oh, that Vespa. He said I just bought a $600.00 helmet just to ride a Vespa? I told him that I have a 3 million dollar head and the store employee laughed as I walked away. Was I too snarky?
@dooglas avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@dooglas avatar
GTS 300ABS, Buddy 125, Buddy Kick 125
UTC quote
Baudler wrote:
..... I just bought a $600.00 helmet just to ride a Vespa? I told him that I have a 3 million dollar head and the store employee laughed as I walked away. Was I too snarky?
You can never be too much of a Vespa snob.
UTC

Enthusiast
300gts super sport

Enthusiast
300gts super sport
UTC quote
In the UK about 30 yrs ago Bell Helmets ran the ad. "If you have a £10 head buy a £10 helmet"

Another Shoei Neotec owner here, I find it a do it all lid. Mines a Neotec 1
@bob_copeland avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550

Ossessionato
@bob_copeland avatar
2013 Vespa 300 Super, 2022 Kymco AK 550
UTC quote
Baudler,

You Dixie guys really like your biscuits and gravey/bacon. Nice Helment, nice Vesa, great breakfast.

Bob Copeland
OP
@baudler avatar
UTC

Foiled

Foiled
@baudler avatar
UTC quote
Bob Copeland wrote:
Baudler,

You Dixie guys really like your biscuits and gravey/bacon. Nice Helment, nice Vesa, great breakfast.

Bob Copeland
Bob. I'm from Roseau, if you don't know, look along the MN/Canada border.

Dad got me hooked on the B&G train.
@caschnd1 avatar
UTC

Grumpy Biker
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL

Grumpy Biker
@caschnd1 avatar
1980 Vespa P200e (sold), 2002 Vespa ET4 (sold), 1949 Harley-Davidson FL
UTC quote
I had a Shoei helmet way back in 1985. It fit well and was comfortable and light weight (for a full face helmet in 1985). Helmets were pretty basic in those days. Not many comfort features. My Shoei was the first helmet I owned with ventilation ducts that you could open/close. Pretty high tech! ROFL emoticon
@daleb avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
'55 VL1

Enthusiast
@daleb avatar
'55 VL1
UTC quote
Geez. I value my noggin, but I think every helmet I've owned has been HJC. 'Spose I'll have to buy a new one once I get the Vespa running again; the old ones have aged out. Might have to try on a Shoei or two and see if I can find one to fit my XXL oval melon. Most helmets I find seem to be made for Charlie Brown shaped heads.
UTC

vespa gts

vespa gts
UTC quote
i do also have a Schuebert Helmet World tour model at least 15 year old. Maybe its time to try Shoei or Arai but flip open is a must for me.
@rrider avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@rrider avatar
UTC quote
dersan wrote:
flip open is a must for me.
Then you'll have to ignore Arai - they don't do helmets with flip-up mechanisms.
@javakid avatar
UTC

Hooked
2023 Vespa GTS

Hooked
@javakid avatar
2023 Vespa GTS
UTC quote
Baudler wrote:
Bob. I'm from Roseau, if you don't know, look along the MN/Canada border.

Dad got me hooked on the B&G train.
When we lived in Bemidji it was hard to find a place that didn't insist on putting chicken stock in their sausage gravy, I even went as far as sharing my MIL's southern recipe and they wouldn't budge, so I ate better at home the five years we were there lol!
UTC

Hooked
LX150

Hooked
LX150
UTC quote
Where in SC are you?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0135s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0055s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]