OP
UTC

Lurker
MP3-500

Lurker
MP3-500
UTC quote
I have a problem with the indicators on my 2015 MP3-500ie. At first I noticed that the right side indicators weren't working but now none of them work, except occasionally. The fuses are all fine. I have checked the indicator switch on the handlebar and it seems to be working and the wires seem to have power. The next thing I want to check is the indicator controller but I can't find much information about it. It's made by Guilera (who didn't reply to my question) and the P/N is 018610P2. Does anyone have any information about this or any suggestions of how to test it? Or any other suggestions for what could cause this?

Thanks
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
I had exactly this problem way back on my '07 Fuoco (MP3 500). The controller is at the left rear, under the side and right in the path of detritus being thrown up by the rear wheel. So the permanent +12V feed's pin on the connector just corrodes into blue/green dust.

Luckily there's an unused pin right above it that is internally connected to first one, so you can cut the wire back, add a few cm, and solder that to the unused pin. You have to cut away some of the connector housing to get to this.

Then smother it in dielectric grease, then wrap self-amalgamating tape around that to keep the elements out.

See: https://x9gallery.co.uk/home/thumbnails.php?album=32
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0101s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0025s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]