@godoggo avatar
UTC

Addicted
06 GT200

Addicted
@godoggo avatar
06 GT200
UTC quote
Hey fellow Vespians ............need help deciding on this brand of helmet......i know it is mainly about "fit and personal needs" but has anyone had a bad experience with this brand ? If so, what ? What do you wear over your noggin ?

Fly safe......

godoggo

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/schuberth-helmet/
UTC

Molto Verboso
'06 Vespa GTS 250 i.e., '77 Vespa P200

Molto Verboso
'06 Vespa GTS 250 i.e., '77 Vespa P200
UTC quote
I have a Schuberth C2. Heaviest damn helmet ever. But really nice features, very quiet.

Since I've bought my Shark full-face, I never wear the Schuberth.
@ritchj avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
One of each

Ossessionato
@ritchj avatar
One of each
UTC quote
Schuberth is not currently imported to the US - the importer/distributor was purchased by Fairchild http://www.fairchild.com/ If you've found an official importer of units with real DOT stickers, please share.

That being said, in June I did buy a new off the shelf C2, at a tremendous discount. The noise is good, the view is awesome, the weight is also amazing -- it's over four pounds!

Four pounds may not sound like a lot when it comes to bacon or chocolate, but when you're trying to keep four pounds plus that 20 pounds of fat stored behind your eyeballs upright and forward, you start to worry about looking like Henry Rollins - and not in that flattering, he's a fit 45 y.o. smart guy that rocks really hard way either.

It is my first flip up and second street helmet evar!

Repair parts in the US are minimal at best, so plan on using your language skillz or the eBay if you need a new visor or other part.
@dutchman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Gilera Fuoco 500 Verde Chianti

Molto Verboso
@dutchman avatar
Gilera Fuoco 500 Verde Chianti
UTC quote
I have a Schubert C2 as well and I like it very much.
I use it on my commute and on long runs.
When I am touring country roads I have an open FM helmet.

Even though the Schubert is pretty heavy I realy like the fact that it is, at this moment the most silent flip up helmet on the market here in Holland.
I have a bluetooth headset in it and I can make a phonecall at 120 kph without any problems.
@eenie816 avatar
UTC

Addicted
'65 sprint, '75 primavera, '01 et4

Addicted
@eenie816 avatar
'65 sprint, '75 primavera, '01 et4
UTC quote
Re: Anybody know about the Schuberth S1 helmet ???
godoggo wrote:
Hey fellow Vespians ............need help deciding on this brand of helmet......i know it is mainly about "fit and personal needs" but has anyone had a bad experience with this brand ? If so, what ? What do you wear over your noggin ?

Fly safe......

godoggo

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/schuberth-helmet/
we have a couple of shuberth helmets left in stock at work (and we're close by in B'ham), a power blue XL S1 ($793) and a Black C2 Large ($499). they have nice features, but the S1's weren't great sellers because of the price except with the BMW crowd. our parts guys can ship if you're interested in any of those and (don't mention i said this), but you can always ask for a discount too.

our biggest sellers are arai, shoei, and now scorpion which is probably our biggest seller. that EXO-1000 rocks. i can't wait to get one.
@kam avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Black GTS 250

Molto Verboso
@kam avatar
Black GTS 250
UTC quote
I considered the S1 but the guy in the bike shop said he didn't have much faith in the strength of the composite chin bar. When he removed it it did feel like it could be easily broken by hand but I suppose it would be much stronger in situ. I went for an arai FF in the end.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0134s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0049s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]