OP
@mopedlar avatar
UTC

Addicted
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped

Addicted
@mopedlar avatar
2001 GTS Super (white), 2021 GTS Super (yellow), 1976 Bianchi Snark moped, 1980 General 5 Star moped
UTC quote
Has anyone actually had to use the towing benefit of being a member of the VCOA and if so, how long did it take for a tow rig to show up? Just curious….
@syd avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)

Ossessionato
@syd avatar
GTS300 Super (Heinz) GTS250 Super (Bulger)
UTC quote
Seems to me the tow truck should be a pickup with a sturdy ramp and tie-downs. The typical tow truck is worthless to tow a Vespa.
OP
@mopedlar avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mopedlar avatar
UTC quote
Syd wrote:
Seems to me the tow truck should be a pickup with a sturdy ramp and tie-downs. The typical tow truck is worthless to tow a Vespa.
I agree. I'm just wondering about response times for someone to arrive with any kind of recovery vehicle.
@aiosi avatar
UTC

Hooked
2005 Vespa PX 150 Serie America #107 of 500

Hooked
@aiosi avatar
2005 Vespa PX 150 Serie America #107 of 500
UTC quote
Syd wrote:
Wouldn't they normally send a flat bed for a motorcycle?
OP
@mopedlar avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mopedlar avatar
UTC quote
I guess no one has ever used it then.
@cube avatar
UTC

2018 Sprint 150

@cube avatar
2018 Sprint 150
UTC quote
I never have, but I did call my roadside assistance provider, Better World Club (like AAA for people who don't want to pay to advocate for cars) to pick up my Vespa once. They could not find anyone in their towing network who felt comfortable taking the job with their equipment. I would imagine that the VCOA provider (and AAA) probably uses pretty much the same towing companies. In this case I had an alternative, but I worry about when I don't.
@outsider avatar
UTC

Hooked
ET 50 GTS250ie Sprint 150

Hooked
@outsider avatar
ET 50 GTS250ie Sprint 150
UTC quote
I am going to Canada Vespa Days I wonder if I can use it in Canada?
OP
@mopedlar avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mopedlar avatar
UTC quote
Cube wrote:
I never have, but I did call my roadside assistance provider, Better World Club (like AAA for people who don't want to pay to advocate for cars) to pick up my Vespa once. They could not find anyone in their towing network who felt comfortable taking the job with their equipment. I would imagine that the VCOA provider (and AAA) probably uses pretty much the same towing companies. In this case I had an alternative, but I worry about when I don't.
I have a feeling that if I did have to use the VCOA towing benefit, it would take hours before anyone would show up, or no one would take the job for the reason you cited. I keep a set of handle bar extension straps in the trunk of both my bikes in the event a tow truck does not know the proper way to strap down a scooter.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0085s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0030s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]