@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
Give me the thumbs up and a great big ear to ear smile as he went by me in the opposite direction Life IS better on a vespa I was on my way to the waimea bay, eddie aikau big surf invitational opening ceremony. Where a couple of the pro surfers said "sweet scooter". That made getting totally soaked in a rainstorm of the way home worth it Oh and they do the surf contest only if the waves are 20ft or higher 8)
UTC

Molto Verboso
'06 Vespa GTS 250 i.e., '77 Vespa P200

Molto Verboso
'06 Vespa GTS 250 i.e., '77 Vespa P200
UTC quote
WHERE'S THE PHOTOS?!?!
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
I've noticed I've been getting nods from all the bikers I've run into. (harley's excluded, they don't count). I didn't notice that as much on my chinese POS. Although I'm biased because I like my Vespa.
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
I would love to see the photos if you have some from the contest? You are very lucky indeed.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
that i don't know how to get them from my photo library(mac) to a post here They are still on the camera since i just got home. It wasn't the contest yet just the opening ceremony where they do a hawaiian blessing for the surfers and contest. The kahuna was cool altho not as big as some of the kahuna's here FYI kahuna is the hawaiian word for priest or pastor. Hence the term 'the big kahuna". The waves are supposed to be over 25ft on sat & mon. i hope we have it this yr.
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
You can upload images free here and it will provide you with the link you can paste into replies and then check to confirm it works by using the preview button. It really is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Don't spend any time if you don't have it but if you do it would be a real treat. Razz emoticon
@godoggo avatar
UTC

Addicted
06 GT200

Addicted
@godoggo avatar
06 GT200
UTC quote
Re: Had a motorcycle cop
judy wrote:
Give me the thumbs up and a great big ear to ear smile as he went by me in the opposite direction Life IS better on a vespa I was on my way to the waimea bay, eddie aikau big surf invitational opening ceremony. Where a couple of the pro surfers said "sweet scooter". That made getting totally soaked in a rainstorm of the way home worth it Oh and they do the surf contest only if the waves are 20ft or higher 8)
Judy Judy Judy..........you know i am originally from Fla., but have had the opportunity to spend time on many beaches in A-WA-E and other foreign soil/beaches.........it is beyond anything on Earth, near that N. Shore. No-one can understand the true power and respect you Must have to be in that water. I almost drowned my first time......i still have nightmares about it.....of not knowing which way was up to the surface. Props to you.....and look forward to any photos.

A 20ft Wave is daunting to look at........especially if your only 150ft. from it and it is coming in your general direction.....
I would prefer to never go back to that situation again.

Run Forest Run !!!

godoggo
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
2007 GTS i'll give it a whirl. thanks GODOGGO you are so right. Trust me i don't surf and even if i did. that surf at waimea is probably one pf the most dangerous places to surf other than the banzi pipline a few miles down the road. There the surf lands you on top of a coral reef Years ago i had some visitors and took them to waimea and was explaining, how you never have your back to the ocean and not to even step in the water that reaches shore yadda yadda. No sooner got the words out of my mouth when the water goes above where i'm standing and the next thing i know i'm flat on my back being swept out to sea The life guards had to rescue me My friends. well they got the message real quick. Currents here in winter are a bitch,
@quasi-moto avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
SawStop

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@quasi-moto avatar
SawStop
UTC quote
We'll be there Saturday thru Wednesday, We'll have to take a drive up to the North Shore to check it out.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
Jan & Dean say the Waves are 30' high at Waimea Bay.
Ride Ride Ride the Wild Surf....
Sweet I wish i was still surfing...
Lucky~
judy wrote:
@michael_h avatar
UTC

2006 LX150 "Amadora"

@michael_h avatar
2006 LX150 "Amadora"
UTC quote
Judy - from now until the weather warms up next April, I think that you should post a daily Hawaii picture! If there is a scooter in it, that's even better. I'm counting on you...
@benito avatar
UTC

2010 Dragon Red GTS 300 Super, 2018 Grigio Titanio Piaggio Liberty S 150

@benito avatar
UTC quote
harnadem wrote:
Judy - from now until the weather warms up next April, I think that you should post a daily Hawaii picture! If there is a scooter in it, that's even better. I'm counting on you...
Definitely +1
@2011super avatar
UTC

Banned
2021 GTS 300 Touring

Banned
@2011super avatar
2021 GTS 300 Touring
UTC quote
Judy, let me know if you got caught up on something and need some help. I would take a few of the .jpg photos to the desktop and when imageshack asks you to point yourself to the photo you can click on the desktop and then add then to the upload. It will provide you with links for forums and some will work and some won't. Try some different links and preview then first to make sure they work.

That is a very real story about the waves and kind of scary. Be careful.
@olhogrider avatar
UTC

I Break Jets

I Break Jets
@olhogrider avatar
UTC quote
Lucky Bastard wrote:
Lucky~
I'll stick with "sidewalk surfin" bust yer buns yeah!
@lomunchi avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2020 Honda NC750DCT

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@lomunchi avatar
2020 Honda NC750DCT
UTC quote
godoggo wrote:
A 20ft Wave is daunting to look at........especially if your only 150ft. from it and it is coming in your general direction.....

Run Forest Run !!!

godoggo
We have them here too... They're called "snow drifts"
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@jen4est avatar
UTC

Hooked
'07 LX150; '59 Allstate

Hooked
@jen4est avatar
'07 LX150; '59 Allstate
UTC quote
Judy - I was on the North Shore in late September - Jumped off the rock at Waimea and everything . I was surprised and a little upset that there were no big waves when we were there, I didn't realize that the waves were generally only big in the winter months! But even when the water is relatively flat the current is still a lot stronger than here in California, I couldn't imagine getting in the water when the big waves are pounding. Please post some pics! I am dying to see those big waves in person! We're going back in late February/early March and I sure hope the big waves will still be rolling in! We'll just have to go swimming elsewhere!
@benito avatar
UTC

@benito avatar
UTC quote
lomunchi wrote:
godoggo wrote:

Run Forest Run !!!

godoggo
We have them here too... They're called "snow drifts"
I've never seen a drift that big in Toronto, glad we don't get them here.
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K

WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
UTC quote
Judy...
In 1990 there was a cop in the city of Alhambra or Montery park, who would pull over people he thought were Mods, he pulled me over once. He walked up to the window of my 64 plymouth Valiant and asked " Are you a Mod?", I answered yes and he responded "Ok have a nice day".
Its was quite scarry due to the two forty ounce beers I had in my parka.

memories.
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler

World Traveler
@judy avatar
UTC quote
I promise to post some pics. For not having to work i've been busy I've started to get my shots for my 2 month southeast asia trip. The typhoid and japanese encephalitis shot i got yesterday are not making me feel real good today. Just can't wait for the 2nd and 3rd JE shots Oct-mar are the months where we have the big surf. Summer it's flat. Hopefully the surf will be big tomorrow and mon. I'll take pics and post them i promise. 2007GTS i might have to take you up on that offer. LOMUNCHI snow surfing
@dongoose avatar
UTC

Addicted
GT 200L named Prosciutto

Addicted
@dongoose avatar
GT 200L named Prosciutto
UTC quote
Lucky Bastard wrote:
Lucky~
Yeah the swell on the Sac River is killer!
UTC

GT 200

GT 200
UTC quote
Thanks
Lucky Bastard thanks for taking me back to the days of Jan & Dean!

Mike
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0180s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0055s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]