UTC

Addicted

Addicted
UTC quote
poop. I take it back. no hard feelings, eh?
⚠️ Last edited by salazam on UTC; edited 2 times
@jonothan avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTV250ie, Vespa PX125 and a Vespa P125X 30 Anni Ultima Serie (and a biker too with a BMW R1200GS)

Hooked
@jonothan avatar
Vespa GTV250ie, Vespa PX125 and a Vespa P125X 30 Anni Ultima Serie (and a biker too with a BMW R1200GS)
UTC quote
salazam wrote:
ik snap het niet. Dit is echt een watje vergadering. Het spijt me, maar ik denk dat ik niet zo vaak meer hier zal komen. Het is echt saai als iedereen elk vijf minuten een knuffel-partij heeft. Bijna niemand hier spreekt uit zijn hart. Die eene vent met het bruine zadel op het rooije vespa had tien positieve responsen voordat iemand hem het waarde verteld. Dat het zadel onsettend lelijk was!

Echt hulpvaardig zijn jullie, maar echte vrienden zal ik hier niet vinden. Dag!
Wij zijn zeer hoffelijk, hier in dit forum.

Misschien bent u niet zo hoffelijk.

Jonothan
@roadbum avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'07 LX150

Molto Verboso
@roadbum avatar
'07 LX150
UTC quote
salazam wrote:
ik snap het niet. Dit is echt een watje vergadering. Het spijt me, maar ik denk dat ik niet zo vaak meer hier zal komen. Het is echt saai als iedereen elk vijf minuten een knuffel-partij heeft. Bijna niemand hier spreekt uit zijn hart. Die eene vent met het bruine zadel op het rooije vespa had tien positieve responsen voordat iemand hem het waarde verteld. Dat het zadel onsettend lelijk was!

I don't speak your language, but to say that heart comment well, neither of us knows these people personally so we kind of have to take them at their word. Please give this place another chance even though sometimes we're not as polite as we could be. Not to mention its that time of year where people's emotions get a little frayed here in the US. Please reconsider if what I took from what you wrote is correct. I do not speak your language but I have an idea what you were saying. I think.

Harv
@wonder_machine avatar
UTC

Size of a Chaffinch
PX 125 "The Bruise" (SOLD)

Size of a Chaffinch
@wonder_machine avatar
PX 125 "The Bruise" (SOLD)
UTC quote
I am beginning to see why Jess gets so cross. It can be drip, drip, drip sometimes.

The sincerity of posters should not be in doubt - kindness and civility are virtues as much as taking the mick. In fact, you can't take the piss properly unless you are both kind and civil some of the other time.
@michael_h avatar
UTC

2006 LX150 "Amadora"

@michael_h avatar
2006 LX150 "Amadora"
UTC quote
I don't read every post, but I read most. At least with the more prolific posters, I can tell when I am reading something that doesn't sound in character, and am happy to let it slide (even when they make fun of my beloved CFL). I can see how the negative comment posts can wear you out after a while. But if you look at the situation differently, and consider the number of members, and the number of posts, it is truly remarkable how civil the whole group is!

I also agree that we tend to be more short with one another in the off riding season. Maybe its a feeling of envy that we can't be out there like our friends in the southern US and similar warm temperature areas! Bear with us ... spring is only 4 months away!
@jedi_stefan avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@jedi_stefan avatar
UTC quote
ericalm wrote:
I think this is an unfortunate part of the growth of the forum. Most of the big, interesting questions about our scoots have been asked and answered. Specific technical questions are quickly dispatched. We know what that rattle is or why your scoot won't start.
well said. i still say that it is difficult to sustain a growing community and still have a useful resource in the same place. lazy people will refuse to use the search function, and continue to ask the same questions over for eternity. this will eventually make the most patient person loose their mind, and ultimately snap.

in a forum like this, i would suggest there be a place for SCOOTER ONLY (not culture, music, or food show host) questions to get asked and answered. there should also be a place for bs, nsr, and general community chit-chat...basically anything that could be construed as an opinion and not necessarily a fact.

one will be extremely helpful and technical, the other will be full of nasty things i.e. opinions.

i know that mv wants to keep it clean and happy, but general discussion will eventually become an area with the same questions asked over and over (usually scooter based) and people that come for daily conversation. when people that check in daily get bored with the "usual" questions, it devolves into music, movies, tv, culture, etc...

if the two are kept together, it just means a lot of work for the moderators, and people posting things that have been asked 10,000 times, nsr, or just vaguely related. i'd love to see a tech or scooter (physically) only based forum. an "anything goes" or "general" type section can go either way, but at least it keeps the nsr or "boredom" posts from clogging up the scooter forum proper.

all my most humblest opinion, of course....
@ericalm avatar
UTC

Wiki Moderator
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix

Wiki Moderator
@ericalm avatar
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix
UTC quote
jedi stefan wrote:
in a forum like this, i would suggest there be a place for SCOOTER ONLY (not culture, music, or food show host) questions to get asked and answered. there should also be a place for bs, nsr, and general community chit-chat...basically anything that could be construed as an opinion and not necessarily a fact.
This has been suggested before; there are a lot of opinions on how much to divide a forum such as this. What I've learned on ModernBuddy is that the more you divide it, the more members stick to a particular area. That means that a number of the members may miss out on topics both scooter-related and not that may be of interest. (I know I get caught up on both sides but may not scroll 2 different sections to check out what's new.) The [NSR], [NMVR] and other labels in Subject lines help, and maybe should be more strictly applied.

I've also been assembling a big Scooter FAQ for MB with links to threads on the questions repeatedly posted.

More problematic is that threads that start off with innocent questions then get hijacked and things often take a turn for the worse... or for the pointless... or veer headfirst into NSR territory, never to return. After getting several reply notifications for posts about cupcake, I tend to lose interest. And I love cupcake.
OP
@dutchman avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Gilera Fuoco 500 Verde Chianti

Molto Verboso
@dutchman avatar
Gilera Fuoco 500 Verde Chianti
UTC quote
roadbum wrote:
salazam wrote:

I don't speak your language, but to say that heart comment well, neither of us knows these people personally so we kind of have to take them at their word. Please give this place another chance even though sometimes we're not as polite as we could be. Not to mention its that time of year where people's emotions get a little frayed here in the US. Please reconsider if what I took from what you wrote is correct. I do not speak your language but I have an idea what you were saying. I think.

Harv
What Salazam basicaly says is that he fiends this forum bouring and people are hugging eachother to much.
He mentioned the topic where someone asked opinions about a brown saddle on a red scooter where it took several posts before someone said that it was just ugly.

He also said that he will not visit this forum any more because he will not fiend any friend here.

I have no idea why he had to write this down in Dutch and I think it Is bad manors to write here in a language almost no one will understand.
Especialy in this tread.

I think it is a good thing that we are discussing the accepted behavior on this forum.
I always like a good joke and some sarcasme from time to time.
Sometimes a remark wil turn wrong and thats ok but if someone comes to MV for advice we have to stay objective and try to help.
If someone opens a topic just for fun, you can expect people to have fun with it.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0242s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0127s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]