OP
UTC

ET4

ET4
UTC quote
I had a bit of a shocker last night here in London. I went to start up my ET4 and it would not start for love or money. The headlight was working, instument display was illuminated but absolute no go.
I had to leave it overnight, but when I came in this morning I went to check it and it started up first time.
Is that a sign of problems to come...any assistance would be appreciated as I don't want to be in the same situation again.

Thanks

Mark
@christos_x avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
No Scooter no more...

Molto Verboso
@christos_x avatar
No Scooter no more...
UTC quote
not sure why it didnt start on the button (could be damp, loose plug lead, fualty starter etc) but you can kick it over if you really need to. Dont rely on it for full time startiing as it can be a bitch and it can apparently crack the cranck case. when i first got my old ET4 the battery was dead so I had to kick it over for a few days (PITA) until the battery charged then it was fine.
@spock avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2002 ET4 & 1980 100 Sport

Ossessionato
@spock avatar
2002 ET4 & 1980 100 Sport
UTC quote
Not starting one day, then starting right away the next sounds like a flooded carb. Check your fuel tap to see if it's stuck in the "ON" position. The easiest way to check would be to pull the gas line from your carb. If gas sputters out all over you, your fuel tap needs to be replaced.
@scooter_west avatar
UTC

Sponsor

Sponsor
@scooter_west avatar
UTC quote
Also sounds symptomatic of a dying starter relay.
@bassplayer avatar
UTC

Hooked
'03 ET2 70 & '85 PX150

Hooked
@bassplayer avatar
'03 ET2 70 & '85 PX150
UTC quote
check yr spark plug gap.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0119s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0060s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]