OP
@michael_h avatar
UTC

2006 LX150 "Amadora"

@michael_h avatar
2006 LX150 "Amadora"
UTC quote
My hopes to keep riding up to mid-December are pretty much dashed. Today there is a threat of snow, with snow squalls on the map for the next couple of weeks. After that, I am down south and away from Amadora.

I might as well pack it in for the year and put Amadora to bed. A sad day for me today.

For those of you who are still riding ... I will now live the next 4 months vicariously through your experiences, so GET POSTING!
@wonder_machine avatar
UTC

Size of a Chaffinch
PX 125 "The Bruise" (SOLD)

Size of a Chaffinch
@wonder_machine avatar
PX 125 "The Bruise" (SOLD)
UTC quote
Aw, that is a tough gig, harnadem.

I think Vespa puts fire in your veins, that's why you miss it so much when you have to stop. But it is only for a little while really, chin up.
UTC

UTC quote
If you going to store your scooter make sure to following the storing procedures. Drain the gas from the carburetor bowl. There should be a drain screw. Just turn it counterclockwise and wait for the fuel to drain out. then, tighten it back up again. I would run the gas out of the tank but if you choose not to do that, add some fuel stabilizer. This should keep the gas from going bad for a bit longer. Also hook the battery up to a battery tender. It will keep the battery fresh and keep it from dieing.
@buglake avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2x '06 GT200 ~ '78 P200 ~ '73 Vespa 90

Ossessionato
@buglake avatar
2x '06 GT200 ~ '78 P200 ~ '73 Vespa 90
UTC quote
Re: Shutting it down for the year ... (sigh)
harnadem wrote:
For those of you who are still riding ... I will now live the next 4 months vicariously through your experiences, so GET POSTING!
Live through us San Diegans - we'll brave it out for you. I rode today - still in the 70's in the afternoon here, but only in the 50's in the early morning.
@glasseye avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
GTS, LX, VSD, VSX, VNX, LD 125, Chucky, LI125

Ossessionato
@glasseye avatar
GTS, LX, VSD, VSX, VNX, LD 125, Chucky, LI125
UTC quote
Quote:
but only in the 50's in the early morning.
Winter sufferage?

ROFL emoticon ROFL emoticon ROFL emoticon

R

8)
@rex avatar
UTC

Rock Star
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic

Rock Star
@rex avatar
Moto Guzzi V7 Classic
UTC quote
harnadem wrote:
My hopes to keep riding up to mid-December are pretty much dashed. Today there is a threat of snow, with snow squalls on the map for the next couple of weeks. After that, I am down south and away from Amadora.

I might as well pack it in for the year and put Amadora to bed. A sad day for me today.

While we continue to ride, cook up something over winter, like a project on your Vespa. Then surprise us!!! Or play around with your Avatar
OP
@michael_h avatar
UTC

2006 LX150 "Amadora"

@michael_h avatar
2006 LX150 "Amadora"
UTC quote
Rex wrote:
While we continue to ride, cook up something over winter, like a project on your Vespa. Then surprise us!!! Or play around with your Avatar
What? You don't like my avatar?!

I have heard that Santa is bringing me some goodies for the scooter, so I will have something to do. Of course, I'll need to check on her regularly. Who knows? Maybe there will be an unexpected thaw in January .... (crosses fingers).
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0153s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0056s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]