UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@cogind avatar
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Greetings!

About two months ago, I took my bike out for a ride on some twisty roads nearby. It goes through a forest, lots of hills, fun. The last part before it gets to a straight road home has been recently resurfaced with new black top. About two or three blocks.

The whole ride takes me about an hour. Under my bike there was a little bit of oil coming out of the front "shark gill" on the right when I got home. I noticed it about an hour later, so there was a quarter size splotch on the ground. There was also black dust from the new blacktop on the bottom of the bike. I didn't think much about it, figured it was kicked up from the road surface. Maybe I ran over some oil from a car. Cleaned it up, washed the bike, and have checked the area every few days, nothing leaking.

Yesterday, I did the same ride, and same thing: a bit of oil under the right side of the bike.

Oil level is fine. No oil in bubble. Bike didn't over heat. Runs great. Took out the pet carrier, no oil leak or spray. Stuck my hand under the cylinder and the gasket for the valve cover is dry. Oil filter is intact and on properly and tight. No seepage from drain plug

I cleaned it up, and took it out up the coast and back, about an hour. Stopped for groceries, no oil under the bike.

At the last service, under warranty, Robot replaced the oil sensing switch. They also did the 6k service early at 4600. It's got 8700 or so miles now.

Any ideas? Thanks.

And will give Scooterwest a shout out tomorrow, just wanted to see if the collective here might know.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
first look - maybe dirty water not oil? maybe road grime gives it that colour?
OP
@cogind avatar
UTC

Hooked
Vespa GTS 300

Hooked
@cogind avatar
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
It's oily. You can see the stain on the garage floor. It was dry weather, no puddles.

I also checked the coolant level and in the battery box back in April, all normal.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0104s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0038s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]