OP
UTC

Lurker
GTS 300

Lurker
GTS 300
UTC quote
How do I get the exhaust studs off when the 10mm socket has rounded off the nuts? I've tried the 3/8 socket to a similar effect.
@greasy125 avatar
UTC

Sergeant at Arms
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas

Sergeant at Arms
@greasy125 avatar
Weird 80's Vespas & Cool Vintage Lambrettas
UTC quote
a fluted extractor/remover socket works well, but you might not have enough room to operate up under there depending on the model. you can buy a few and have a go, you'll know straight away if it's a workable situation and if not you can just return what you don't use.

I have a set of these universal/spline drive sockets that work well. they absolutely mangle fasteners, but they can get the job done. here's a link to them at summit racing, so you might be able to find something similar on amazon or at a UK supplier. powerbuilt universal socket set

no matter what you use, get some penetrant up on there to soak before having another run at it.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
If you loosen one side, there will be play so you can likely loosen the other side too. One thing you can do is put two nuts on the end of the stud, lock them in place and back the stud out of the head.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0102s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0019s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]