UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 125 3V

Lurker
@neo_lx avatar
Vespa LX 125 3V
UTC quote
Hi everyone,

Greetings from Spain! 🇪🇸 First of all, I want to congratulate you all on the great community we have here.

I am the owner of a 2013 LX125 3V, and unfortunately, Piaggio/Vespa no longer stocks parts for this model. The ECU of my model has the reference 58283R. The sticker on the ECU also shows the reference CM255301.

Neither Piaggio/Vespa nor any local workshop can offer me an alternative. I haven't been able to find any replacement parts in the second-hand market either. Do any of you know if there is another ECU from a Liberty, Primavera 3V, or any other model that might be compatible with my scooter?

I would really appreciate any help, as I am quite discouraged with this situation. It's been almost two months without making any progress with my broken-down scooter.

Thank you all in advance!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
Why do you want to replace it?
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Does the ECU have an immobilizer?
OP
@neo_lx avatar
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 125 3V

Lurker
@neo_lx avatar
Vespa LX 125 3V
UTC quote
First of all, thank you for your answers. The bike won't start, and after the workshop checked the whole electrical system, they have come to the conclusion that it is the ECU.

It has an immobilizer, it has to be paired with the master key.
@motovista avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
GT 2.4

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@motovista avatar
GT 2.4
UTC quote
Is it Euro 3 or Euro 4?
There are likely CDIs that would work, but the problems are that nobody has a bunch of them to test on different bikes, they cost a lot of money and once you slave one to the chip in a particular master key, they are married for life. So not a lot of trial and error has been done on cross referencing the various Piaggio CDIs.
One issue is that your cdi only fits two models, the 2012 and 2013 LX 125 3valve. If you know someone who is good at schematics, they might be able to tell you if one for a later model or one for a different model will work.
OP
@neo_lx avatar
UTC

Lurker
Vespa LX 125 3V

Lurker
@neo_lx avatar
Vespa LX 125 3V
UTC quote
First, thank you for the detailed response and the time you dedicated. The Vespa is EURO3. The difficulty in testing the CDIs, as you mentioned, and the high cost now make me understand why it has been so difficult for a workshop to give me a positive answer. It's a shame , as the rest of the bike is in quite good condition. Thanks again.
@old_as_dirt avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2007 GTS

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@old_as_dirt avatar
2007 GTS
UTC quote
find a junk yard that has a wreck one and remove the ECU and lock sets.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0084s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0021s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]