OP
UTC

UTC quote
Hi all,

I have an old GT200

I have no idea of the service history , it was cheep as it was a cosmetic insurcae write off .

The issue I am having is that when I go to pull away, it revs very high. I release the throttle a little and it seems to catch and then pull away.

If I rev it gently when driving it speeds up and runs ok. Just fro. Start or if trying to speed up quickly, it's not happy.

Any suggestions of where to start looking?

I have changed oil, spark plug and air filter as they are simple enough to do.
UTC

Molto Verboso
'07 GTS250, '07 LX150, '81 P200E, '78 P200E, '64 V90 and 3 Ciaos

Molto Verboso
'07 GTS250, '07 LX150, '81 P200E, '78 P200E, '64 V90 and 3 Ciaos
UTC quote
My first instinct would be to check the CVT belt for signs of slippage and the centrifugal clutch shoes to see if they've glazed.

The former will leave belt residue on the front and rear pulley sheaves and the later will leave the clutch shoe linings very polished, possibly even causing blueing of the clutch bell.

If you inspect these parts, there are some recommended tools to remove the CVT cover and to lock the front pulley fixed sheave when loosening and torquing down the retaining nut. The nut is considered single-user, but can be reused if you're feeling brave and use a stout thread locking compound.
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Thank you. Will strip it down as soon as I have the clutch locking tool
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0079s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0018s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]