OP
@toalmar avatar
UTC

GTS 300

@toalmar avatar
GTS 300
UTC quote
The clock in my instrument panel was not dead when I bought the scooter.
I read there was a battery in the instrument so I suppose this was the fault.

New battery came in the house and late in February I demounted instrument panel from scooter found a YouTube video about how to change battery and did that. Clock start working again, I mounted instrument panel back and adjusted the clock so it was right.

Scooter is parked inside a warm garage the whole year. it's approx 10 degree there. I checked the clock some times in march and every thing was good.

When I started up for first drive this season the clock was acting strange. No hole numbers.

so is it just to get a new battery and change it again or is it something wrong with the instrument?
Strange clock
Strange clock
⚠️ Last edited by Toalmar on UTC; edited 1 time
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Not a battery problem. The cheapo LCD panel has come away from its connecting pads on the circuit board behind. You *might* be able to persuade it to re-connect, but I'd cut your losses, remove the battery, and if you must have a clock onboard, stick a cheap LCD watch on the headset with some Velcro.
@juan_orhea avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
S150 '09, Beo 500ie '08

Molto Verboso
@juan_orhea avatar
S150 '09, Beo 500ie '08
UTC quote
Everything about those clocks is dreadful, from the minimal functionality, to the poor durability, to the extreme inconvenience of changing the battery, to the ludicrous cost of replacing them outright (which I did via a seller in…Cyprus via eBay). Perhaps the worst component I can name on a Vespa.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
Juan_ORhea wrote:
Everything about those clocks is dreadful, from the minimal functionality, to the poor durability, to the extreme inconvenience of changing the battery, to the ludicrous cost of replacing them outright (which I did via a seller in…Cyprus via eBay). Perhaps the worst component I can name on a Vespa.
AND none of them have ever kept good time, needing adjustment every month or so - which causes yet more frustration when the required sequence of button pushes goes awry and you have to start again.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
AND none of them have ever kept good time, needing adjustment every month or so - which causes yet more frustration when the required sequence of button pushes goes awry and you have to start again.
Sadly the clock on my Supertech also never kept good time. So i added a feature to my app to set the click everytime my app connects
OP
@toalmar avatar
UTC

GTS 300

@toalmar avatar
GTS 300
UTC quote
My scooter has been parked about 10 days without been used. Today when I started it up the clock was working
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0093s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0019s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]