OP
UTC

Lurker
2010 LX 150

Lurker
2010 LX 150
UTC quote
Hi everyone!

Noticed a little bit of an oil leak a few weeks after a service. Then started to get pretty bad so I brought it in, seemed like it was coming from the oil filter. Shop said it may have been a cut line when they were servicing? Brought it in last week they replaced oil filter and said it should be good to go. I have waited a couple of days but it's still leaking but very slowly now. Same spot, kickstand is all soaked (still) and some drops coming off of the oil filter. Wasn't sure if this is new or if it's left over from original leak and just now coming down. Anyone know what it could be ? If it still leaks tomorrow I think I'm going to bring it in again.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
UTC

Lurker
2010 LX 150

Lurker
2010 LX 150
UTC quote
More pics
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@znomit avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@znomit avatar
LX190 Friday afternoon special, [s]Primavera[/s], S50, too many pushbikes
UTC quote
Is it coming from above, eg the rocker cover?
OP
UTC

Lurker
2010 LX 150

Lurker
2010 LX 150
UTC quote
how / where do i check for that? If I take out the helmet bin under the seat I cant see any oil or wetness in any section of that
@cosmos avatar
UTC

Addicted
2009 LX 150, 2024 GTS Super

Addicted
@cosmos avatar
2009 LX 150, 2024 GTS Super
UTC quote
Check your oil pressure sending unit. It should be located somewhere near the oil filter. It could be a bit loose and just need snugging up. I've had one actually fail and leak oil out where the wire plugs in. At any rate, wash all that oil residue off so you can watch for the source of the oil leak.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0088s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0034s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]