OP
UTC

Et3

Et3
UTC quote
Hi first of all new old timer here, dipping my toe into scooters after a small break of 55 years!
I have purchased a 1977 ET3 in bits and am slowly getting to grips with the project.
I have the motor on an engine stand and am attempting to run it before installing it.
I have a pretty good spark but I cannot get the dellorto 19/19 to deliver fuel? I have rigged up a plastic fuel can but nothing seems to work, after kicking it over several times I would have thought I would have a wet plug but nothing. Any help or suggestions would be very great fully accepted.
Thanks
Steve.
@fix_it_with_fire avatar
UTC

1978 p125x / 1975 rally 200

@fix_it_with_fire avatar
UTC quote
has the carburetor been cleaned or rebuilt in any way shape or form?
OP
UTC

Et3

Et3
UTC quote
I was told it was, but it has stood for well over a year so I think it might worth pulling apart. To be fair I expecting it to run but roughly but to get nothing just a dry plug is not what I was expecting.
@mjrally avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@mjrally avatar
73 & 74 Rally, 76 ET3, 80 P200, 06 PX150, 59 Ser 2, 65 Silver Special, 90 V5N 50, 2015 HD Road Glide Special
UTC quote
Modern fuel is shit compared to what it was. Definitely tear the whole carb apart and thoroughly clean it. Use a combination of carburetor cleaner, compressed air and a small wire to poke out the holes in the jets.

Check your hose too as that can clog up from old fuel as well.
@fix_it_with_fire avatar
UTC

@fix_it_with_fire avatar
UTC quote
SteveY wrote:
I was told it was, but it has stood for well over a year so I think it might worth pulling apart. To be fair I expecting it to run but roughly but to get nothing just a dry plug is not what I was expecting.
If you're starting from square one on this ride, it's worth it to do everything as by the book as you can, it's very easy to overlook something simple.. Float adjustment, clogged jet, improper assembly, incorrect or missing parts etc.
OP
UTC

Et3

Et3
UTC quote
An update on the carb, I managed to get a few minutes in the workshop today.
Took the carb off and started to strip it down. The filter had dirt in and the fuel smelt absolutely awful, so ordered a gasket set, float valve and few bits and pieces, so back on it when parts arrive.
I'll let everyone know how it goes.
OP
UTC

Et3

Et3
UTC quote
Cleaned and rebuilt the carb, started 3rd kick. Very pleased and thank you for the advice.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0087s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0029s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]