@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
1991 Vespa T5 Pole Position, 2008 Vespa S 125, 2023 Piaggio MP3 300HPE Sport

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
UTC quote
I bought a Cuppini wing mirror for my T5, but after I'd been told it would fit a squaretail, they said i also needed an additional cranked bracket, which I bought.

So i come to fit it, and it doesn't work..

Found this photo on another sellers site and realise I haven't got the hex spacers (or they may be stand off screws??)

should these have come with the mirror after i told them it was for a Mk1, if not, anyone know what I need to buy?

thanks in anticipation
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@geeklion avatar
UTC

The Dude
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money

The Dude
@geeklion avatar
Too Many piles of Junk that need too much work and too much money
UTC quote
those spacers look like coupler-nuts. Basicly just very tall nuts. You can find these at most hardware stores. Or order from McMastercarr. Or, you could use longer bolts and some type of tube spacer, that slips over the long bolts, inbetween the bracket and headset. Or stack up a bunch of washers haha
OP
@fleece avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@fleece avatar
UTC quote
GeekLion wrote:
those spacers look like coupler-nuts. Basicly just very tall nuts. You can find these at most hardware stores. Or order from McMastercarr. Or, you could use longer bolts and some type of tube spacer, that slips over the long bolts, inbetween the bracket and headset. Or stack up a bunch of washers haha
Thanks for the reply

For some reason Piaggio didn't put threaded female inside the headset to bolt in to, so the tube spacer sounds the best idea so i can cut it to the exact length needed to clamp it in place
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0091s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0031s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]