@originalben avatar
UTC

Hooked
2012 GTS 300 - Rocinante

Hooked
@originalben avatar
2012 GTS 300 - Rocinante
UTC quote
Hey, everybody, long, like really long time lurker, sometimes poster with a question without any urgency at all...what's next in this sequence:

-Started my 'Vespa' life with a ~1998 Liberty and loved that damn bike. Was stolen in a parking lot in VA and eventually found in New Orleans.

-Replaced by a used red 2004 ET4 that I also loved, which died within a couple years when totalled by a car.

-Replaced in 2012 by a black 2007 GTS 250, from Scoot Richmond, which I loved for almost 10 years before I decided a change was in order, so...

-In 2022 bought a matte grey 2012 GTS 300, also from Scoot Richmond. One owner, 4500 miles at purchase, just went over 8k

So...I like my current 300, plenty of power for my needs, have had zero mechanical issues.

Minor caveats...the matte finish seemed cool at first, but lovingly cleaning and polishing your scooter to a nice shine is a small but real thing, rt? I also feel like the newer HPE would be a nice upgrade.

Not at all interested in brand new, just seems like too much added on to the sticker before out the door (Not knocking dealership fees, I know it's all valid and correct and whatnot, just a feeling vs used).

Thoughts for those that waded thru? What version after 2012 would be the biggest bang for the buck upgrade?

TL:DR: Dude asking silly question about which version of Vespa to buy next.
UTC

Ossessionato
2018 GTS Super

Ossessionato
2018 GTS Super
UTC quote
Have you seen this? Helped in my search. Only covers up thru 2020 but 2020-2022 are same scoot.

@der_blechfahrer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
ET3 & PX150 & GTS 300 Super Sport MY23 & Yamaha Neo's electric

Molto Verboso
@der_blechfahrer avatar
ET3 & PX150 & GTS 300 Super Sport MY23 & Yamaha Neo's electric
UTC quote
Wait for a 310. Next year in Europe. Maybe a little later in the States. Then pick up a used one.
That's if you can wait another three years.
@jakem avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa Sprint Sport S 125cc

Addicted
@jakem avatar
Vespa Sprint Sport S 125cc
UTC quote
I think jumping to a newer version of the same vehicle is going to seem like a lot of money for pretty much an identical experience.

If it were me, I'd be tempted to buy some nice adjustable suspension and some accessories for your current Vespa. Give it a new lease of life.
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
UTC quote
Just get out and ride...they haven't changed that much in last 2 years except for getting more complicated for the same ride equivalent.
@steelbytes avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@steelbytes avatar
2019 GTS300 Supertech E3 60,000km
UTC quote
JakeM wrote:
I think jumping to a newer version of the same vehicle is going to seem like a lot of money for pretty much an identical experience.
I personally noticed the jump from pre-HPE to HPE when riding
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0109s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0032s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]