Lurker
2021 Primavera Sprint 50 4T3V

Lurker
2021 Primavera Sprint 50 4T3V
UTC quote
Two keys came with my Vespa.
Both black
One with a code number tag
Are these keys that need to be programmed if I want to get a spare?

Thanks Larry
@lars_danner avatar
UTC

Hooked
2014 GTV300; 2009 S50

Hooked
@lars_danner avatar
2014 GTV300; 2009 S50
UTC quote
No need to program black keys. You can just have duplicates cut at any key shop if you have blanks.
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
Lars_Danner wrote:
No need to program black keys. You can just have duplicates cut at any key shop if you have blanks.
Correct. But… "black" does not indicate that is without transponder for the immobilizer. My Vespa GTS came with brown an black key (instead of blue, including transponder).

The reason why the black keys do not have to be programmed to immobilizer in the case of OP is that the Vespa PV/Sprint 50 do not have an immobilizer.

SKU for Vespa-branded blanks without transponder is 573960 or 1B000563. Locksmith can also use blanks without Vespa-Logo.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0095s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0035s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]