@heinzanova avatar
over priced Italian wheels
UTC quote
100% win Crying or Very sad emoticon
OP
@dchernikoff avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
Vintage Red 2007 GTS, 2022 Mazda Miata soft-top (4-wheel MC)!

Ossessionato
@dchernikoff avatar
UTC quote
So tell us where that is! Is it 280 in the background?
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC

Drift Unit SC
1 Manual; 1 Auto; none other.

Drift Unit SC
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC quote
dchernikoff wrote:
Try the 85/17 interchang-area. Background looks too clean and "new" to be 280. Left side looks like the onramp for 17N, and far right looks like off-ramp to 85S.
@mluvst avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTV 250 *GTS 250

Hooked
@mluvst avatar
GTV 250 *GTS 250
UTC quote
clue# 4
Our local johnny law likes hang out there and we didn't see any posted signs saying we couldn't be there.
@bigt avatar
UTC

@bigt avatar
UTC quote
ThatBloodyStig wrote:
dchernikoff wrote:
Try the 85/17 interchang-area. Background looks too clean and "new" to be 280. Left side looks like the onramp for 17N, and far right looks like off-ramp to 85S.
wow that's a first, you just gave em it.. good job... This is fun........ Jeeze I guess we know who doesn't like us.... Crying or Very sad emoticon next one we get will be a real thread killer Laughing emoticon
@bigt avatar
UTC

@bigt avatar
UTC quote
we like to lurk too
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC

Drift Unit SC

Drift Unit SC
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC quote
bigt wrote:
ThatBloodyStig wrote:
dchernikoff wrote:
wow that's a first, you just gave em it.. good job... This is fun........ Jeeze I guess we know who doesn't like us.... Crying or Very sad emoticon next one we get will be a real thread killer Laughing emoticon
Riiiiggghhhtttt....
Tag Rules State wrote:
* Clues are to be given every day after the tag has been posted. If no tag has been retrieved by the 6th day, the location is to be announced. If the tag has not been picked up by the 7th day, a new tag must be submitted. Not like we've been following this rule by much now, have we? It's been cold and miserable out there, so it's forgivable and I don't give a damn.

You guys posted on the 16th, it has now been 7 days passed since. Not like anybody really follows the rules. Just trying to get this one going.

The Bay Area Tag has gone stale even, and I know exactly where it is. If I can help someone else play along, so be it.
OP
@dchernikoff avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@dchernikoff avatar
UTC quote
bigt wrote:
ThatBloodyStig wrote:
dchernikoff wrote:
huh? Someone already found it -- they were replying with their own picture of their scoot there. Or did I miss something? I didn't give away nuthin!
@mluvst avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTV 250 *GTS 250

Hooked
@mluvst avatar
GTV 250 *GTS 250
UTC quote
nobody has tagged it. it's still up for grabs. someone gave away the location without taking a picture so now it's just a matter of taking the picture of your scoot at the location. Be safe!
@heinzanova avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@heinzanova avatar
UTC quote
ThatBloodyStig wrote:
bigt wrote:
ThatBloodyStig wrote:
dchernikoff wrote:
Riiiiggghhhtttt....
Tag Rules State wrote:
* Clues are to be given every day after the tag has been posted. If no tag has been retrieved by the 6th day, the location is to be announced. If the tag has not been picked up by the 7th day, a new tag must be submitted. Not like we've been following this rule by much now, have we? It's been cold and miserable out there, so it's forgivable and I don't give a damn.

You guys posted on the 16th, it has now been 7 days passed since. Not like anybody really follows the rules. Just trying to get this one going.

The Bay Area Tag has gone stale even, and I know exactly where it is. If I can help someone else play along, so be it.
I don't like to play. BTW Hi Stig :wavey: Long time no see
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC

Drift Unit SC

Drift Unit SC
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC quote
heinzanova wrote:
+1
I lost my taste for the game when tags were non-descriptive and not enough clues were given soon enough to keep it going. It's no longer fun when nobody even gets a chance to tag something. Why else do you think I defected to Historical/Fake/Improbable?

WHADAP MOFO-Heinzano'! Yup, yup. Been bizay wit ma' biz-nass, ya know? How 'bout chou?
@bigt avatar
UTC

@bigt avatar
UTC quote
I think most of the people that lurk have the intentions of wanting to find the tag unlike so people that just post bs and ruin tags. why don't you guys just stay lurkers it makes the rest of us happier without you. We are not your typical vespa riders. We are not on the nerdy side of life Or and middle aged and just trying to justify the wrest of our existence on this planet.

We do however enjoy our mid day runs and tags on the hour before others as well as only needing pictures to find where and what the places are. I Think we are in the running for the most tags gotten. Fake places and pictures seems a little nerdy for real people with real attitudes.

T
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC

Drift Unit SC

Drift Unit SC
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC quote
bigt wrote:
I think most of the people that lurk have the intentions of wanting to find the tag unlike so people that just post bs and ruin tags. why don't you guys just stay lurkers it makes the rest of us happier without you. We are not your typical vespa riders. We are not on the nerdy side of life Or and middle aged and just trying to justify the wrest of our existence on this planet.

We do however enjoy our mid day runs and tags on the hour before others as well as only needing pictures to find where and what the places are. I Think we are in the running for the most tags gotten. Fake places and pictures seems a little nerdy for real people with real attitudes.

T
What The? emoticon
Riiiiiggghhhttt.....

GAME ON!
@nickandsusan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
65 Sprint, 2008 150S

Ossessionato
@nickandsusan avatar
65 Sprint, 2008 150S
UTC quote
Are typical Vespa riders nerdy and middle aged? Not the group I hang with..

And yes, the T's have been great on this thread, and I'm impressed with your knowledge of the area. I enjoy the posts you all put up, and try my best to find em..even if I only got one..
OP
@dchernikoff avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@dchernikoff avatar
UTC quote
My apologies everyone. The only reason I asked "where is it" was that I thought that last post (which I now see says "clue #3") was someone finding it. I'm a bonehead, sorry to mess this one up for everyone.

And I don't mind the hard-to-find tags -- I've found a few of them and enjoy the challenge. Nice to mix in a few easy ones too, though...

Again, sorry for my boneheadedness.

-Dan
@mikensjtown avatar
UTC

Addicted
"Jefe"

Addicted
@mikensjtown avatar
"Jefe"
UTC quote
dchernikoff wrote:
My apologies everyone. The only reason I asked "where is it" was that I thought that last post (which I now see says "clue #3") was someone finding it. I'm a bonehead, sorry to mess this one up for everyone.

And I don't mind the hard-to-find tags -- I've found a few of them and enjoy the challenge. Nice to mix in a few easy ones too, though...

-Dan
No big deal. Just lighten up folks. It's just for fun...
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC

Drift Unit SC

Drift Unit SC
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC quote
dchernikoff wrote:

-Dan
Dan, don't be bro. It wasn't you. Apparently it's against the "rules" to help others find it by merely "thinking" where it. Guess I was right! Laughing emoticon 8)
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC

Drift Unit SC

Drift Unit SC
@thatbloodystig avatar
UTC quote
mikenSJtown wrote:
dchernikoff wrote:

-Dan
+1
It's a game. Have fun. It's a scooter and there's no other reason to have it; otherwise, we'd all have gone with sport bikes.
@messycoloring avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LX 150

Ossessionato
@messycoloring avatar
LX 150
UTC quote
bigt wrote:

T
dude,

chill.

first before you call some one a lurker you might want to make sure they have a lower post count then you.

17 post in the same thread and you know everything right.

geez,

as for the "Fake places and pictures seems a little nerdy for real people with real attitudes. "

Well I tell you what bring your " not typical vespa riders, not on the nerdy side of life Or and middle aged and just trying to justify the wrest of our existence on this planet" ass over and I'll be glad to show you some attitude.

@heinzanova avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@heinzanova avatar
UTC quote
bigt wrote:

T
External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text

:wavey:

I had my best times following this the weekends when many tags were made and tagged; and when not clues were readily provided; once tags were found they were an enlightenment to the history or culture of the area.

/ last post in this thread
@messycoloring avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LX 150

Ossessionato
@messycoloring avatar
LX 150
UTC quote
ThatBloodyStig wrote:
heinzanova wrote:
+1
I lost my taste for the game when tags were non-descriptive and not enough clues were given soon enough to keep it going. It's no longer fun when nobody even gets a chance to tag something. Why else do you think I defected to Historical/Fake/Improbable?

WHADAP MOFO-Heinzano'! Yup, yup. Been bizay wit ma' biz-nass, ya know? How 'bout chou?
well come on back,

you've been kind of miss

messy
@bigt avatar
UTC

@bigt avatar
UTC quote
messycoloring wrote:
bigt wrote:

wow, haven't been called out since 7th grade. I'm 6-2 250 lbs ripped or 270 nonlean and can bench over 500lbs for reps & am juice free. never lost a fight & always knock my opponent outcold within first grapple .
I think you are lost in your ways & should lurk onto your local Va forum .;

also this is my cell phone & I have posted many meaningful post on my wifes account....

not wanting to start 8th grade behavior I'm saying sorry bout the nerd middle aged comments to those that have took offense .

T

T
dude,

chill.

first before you call some one a lurker you might want to make sure they have a lower post count then you.

geez,

as for the "Fake places and pictures seems a little nerdy for real people with real attitudes. "

Well I tell you what bring your " not typical vespa riders, not on the nerdy side of life Or and middle aged and just trying to justify the wrest of our existence on this planet" ass over and I'll be glad to show you some attitude.

@heinzanova avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@heinzanova avatar
UTC quote
Dum dum dum

Final Clue:

37.256019,-121.954363

Crying or Very sad emoticon
@messycoloring avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
LX 150

Ossessionato
@messycoloring avatar
LX 150
UTC quote
bigt wrote:
messycoloring wrote:
bigt wrote:

wow, haven't been called out since 7th grade. I'm 6-2 250 lbs ripped or 270 nonlean and can bench over 500lbs for reps & am juice free. never lost a fight & always knock my opponent outcold within first grapple .
I think you are lost in your ways & should lurk onto your local Va forum .;

also this is my cell phone & I have posted many meaningful post on my wifes account....

not wanting to start 8th grade behavior I'm saying sorry bout the nerd middle aged comments to those that have took offense .

T

T
dude,

chill.

geez,

Well all the info you posted in the middle of the quote might be useful somewhere,

But it an't here.

Hint you should start typing after the last [/quote].

Now I could make some more asinine comments but I won't.

As my point was (as others have pointed out) you're new here so telling some one that has been playing this game and posting on this forum longer then you to butt out is just plain rude.

And yes I may be from Virginia, but MV is a community, dysfunctional at times true, but still a community and I kind of like ThatBloodyStig.

So when I see someone attacking them I kind of feel the need say chill.

And I did.

Peace

messy
@bigt avatar
UTC

@bigt avatar
UTC quote
ok messy...

when you hit reply to your message it automatically puts my text were it was after the last thing you wrote from the cut n paste from my post .... i did reply to your post.... as for scooter tag... i was on this forum years ago as a different name... but this is gone long enough and so has my attention to your posts... People are different in California... your lucky your not local.

do the people of the south bay want ourselves to just post a new easier maybe somewhat less daring of a picture?... if you do just reply back saying so and it will be up.....

T
@mluvst avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTV 250 *GTS 250

Hooked
@mluvst avatar
GTV 250 *GTS 250
UTC quote
ThatBloodyStig wrote:
mikenSJtown wrote:
dchernikoff wrote:

-Dan
+1
It's a game. Have fun. It's a scooter and there's no other reason to have it; otherwise, we'd all have gone with sport bikes.
+1
Hey Stig
would like to post the next tag since you called it??? Lets get it rolling
@masala avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@masala avatar
UTC quote
bigt wrote:
do the people of the south bay want ourselves to just post a new easier maybe somewhat less daring of a picture?... if you do just reply back saying so and it will be up.....

T
Nah, I'm not on-call for work tomorrow, so I'll go get this one. Let's just keep the thread rolling...
@mluvst avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTV 250 *GTS 250

Hooked
@mluvst avatar
GTV 250 *GTS 250
UTC quote
Sounds good to me!!
@redcatjack avatar
UTC

Addicted
65 SS180; 79 P200E, 65 Fuji Rabbit Superflo, 07 GTS 250, 12 BMW C650GT

Addicted
@redcatjack avatar
65 SS180; 79 P200E, 65 Fuji Rabbit Superflo, 07 GTS 250, 12 BMW C650GT
UTC quote
Right on Masala! This thread was starting to make me verklempt (sp?). In the words of the immortal philosopher - can't we all just get along?

Here's to me missing the tags on a regular basis! Laughing emoticon
@jaded avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
GT200

Molto Verboso
@jaded avatar
GT200
UTC quote
bigt wrote:

T
um, wow.
just . . . wow.
@masala avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@masala avatar
UTC quote
At last....
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@masala avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@masala avatar
UTC quote
A quick disclaimer about the next tag - I will be out of town beginning Friday, and thus not available online to give clues. Since it looks to be a nice weekend coming up and everyone should be out riding, I'm going to post this pic WITH my 3 clues in the hopes of a quick turnaround on this one.

(Don't pay attention to the "."s in the last clue - I just had to prevent it from saying "pie" )
#1 - Moon.
#2 - Eye.
#3 - P.i.e.
#1 - Moon. #2 - Eye. #3 - P.i.e.
@heinzanova avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@heinzanova avatar
UTC quote
side note, were you in down town mountain view today around 1pm?

If not you got a riding twin.
@masala avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@masala avatar
UTC quote
It wasn't me...
@masala avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@masala avatar
UTC quote
"When the _____ hits your _____ like a big pizza _____
@heinzanova avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@heinzanova avatar
UTC quote
Masala wrote:
:tip hat: hhrrmmmm
@heinzanova avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@heinzanova avatar
UTC quote
Brilliant tag, I hope to get it tomorrow.
@schlagle avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP3 500, Buddy 125

Addicted
@schlagle avatar
MP3 500, Buddy 125
UTC quote
Masala wrote:
I've been googling that the whole time and am still drawing a blank. grrr...
@heinzanova avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@heinzanova avatar
UTC quote
schlagle wrote:
Masala wrote:
I've been googling that the whole time and am still drawing a blank. grrr...
Well... Luckly for me googling yielded the perfect clues for me

Moto Amore in San Jose Corner of Santa Clara and 10th street, although this was sneaky because it wasn't the shop itself but a door around the corner...[img]http://static.px.yelp.com/bphoto/4JMcXvebJECUgm7cPOsBHQ/l[/img]
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.2286s ][ Queries: 4 (0.1914s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]