Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Who wants to go get lunch on Monday?

Maybe we can get a few people to go?

Any thoughts on where? Preferably central close to downtown.

Oh and probably should be counter service.
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:

I would be available. What about Suzi's Chinese Kitchen on S. Lamar? That's close enough to downtown, and parking would be easy for everyone. Otherwise, there's also Schlotzsky's on Lamar (just South of the river), various places on Barton Springs Road, Austin Java near 12th & Lamar. Just a few suggestions.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
ummgood wrote:

I would be available. What about Suzi's Chinese Kitchen on S. Lamar? That's close enough to downtown, and parking would be easy for everyone. Otherwise, there's also Schlotzsky's on Lamar (just South of the river), various places on Barton Springs Road, Austin Java near 12th & Lamar. Just a few suggestions.
I am up for any place you guys want to go. There's an Austin Java in City hall too the problem is parking. I think Chinese sounds good.
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport

Hooked
@chub512 avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:
ummgood wrote:

I am up for any place you guys want to go. There's an Austin Java in City hall too the problem is parking. I think Chinese sounds good.
I could do monday. I am not nuts about chinese food, but am flexible.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
chub512 wrote:
I could do monday. I am not nuts about chinese food, but am flexible.
You could stay away from the Kung Pao Chicken then.

Seriously though I don't care where we go so we can try to make everyone happy. All I care about is the food is cooked and doesn't have tentacles.
@jaxson avatar
UTC

Vino by Yamaha

@jaxson avatar
Vino by Yamaha
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
Jaxson wrote:
ummgood wrote:
Wow that Vino is little. I guess I have been looking at Modern Vespas too much.
I LOVE my little Vino. It's just right for me. I can touch the ground and control the weight. It's my mocha truffle.
I tried David's Vespa 250 and
it was too heavy & the proportion of tiny incremental turns on the throttle to the rate of acceleration made my hands sweat and I couldn't breathe. Maybe I'll grow into it.
haha try my BV500

I agree they are awefully big. I'll have to have my wife sit on a Vino sometime. (She still doesn't like any 2 wheelers but puts up with me and mine for the most part).
I about had a heart attack when David got his Vespa this summer. I was so mad. It caused many arguments. Then I unwillingly started riding on the back of his. Then I saw an Orange Vespa an I started to get interested. I took the Total Rider Class on their little scooter and got a bit more confident, passing with flying colors. I tried David's again and was scared to death again. THEN, one day, I sat on a Vino. Just like Goldilocks, it felt "just right". I bought it on the spot. So I went from hating scooters, to loving them in about 3 months. Now MY MOTHER is unhappy. But you can see why I am hesitant to ride it out to the far reaches of Austin. My top speed is 35...and that's plenty fast for me.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Jaxson wrote:
ummgood wrote:
Jaxson wrote:
ummgood wrote:
I LOVE my little Vino. It's just right for me. I can touch the ground and control the weight. It's my mocha truffle.
it was too heavy & the proportion of tiny incremental turns on the throttle to the rate of acceleration made my hands sweat and I couldn't breathe. Maybe I'll grow into it.
haha try my BV500

I agree they are awefully big. I'll have to have my wife sit on a Vino sometime. (She still doesn't like any 2 wheelers but puts up with me and mine for the most part).
I about had a heart attack when David got his Vespa this summer. I was so mad. It caused many arguments. Then I unwillingly started riding on the back of his. Then I saw an Orange Vespa an I started to get interested. I took the Total Rider Class on their little scooter and got a bit more confident, passing with flying colors. I tried David's again and was scared to death again. THEN, one day, I sat on a Vino. Just like Goldilocks, it felt "just right". I bought it on the spot. So I went from hating scooters, to loving them in about 3 months. Now MY MOTHER is unhappy. But you can see why I am hesitant to ride it out to the far reaches of Austin. My top speed is 35...and that's plenty fast for me.
That is great congratulations. For us it was a financial decision that helped her cope with me having a scooter. My 2005 mustang was completely paid off. We still owed some money on her car. I proposed that we sell my mustang and buy a scooter and pay off her car. It is saving us around $500 a month with the setup we have now.

I want her to try to ride with me sometime but I right now don't feel comfortable enough. Right now she is pregnant so maybe in a year I can get her to ride it with me.
@jaxson avatar
UTC

Vino by Yamaha

@jaxson avatar
Vino by Yamaha
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
Jaxson wrote:
ummgood wrote:
Jaxson wrote:
ummgood wrote:
haha try my BV500

That is great congratulations. For us it was a financial decision that helped her cope with me having a scooter. My 2005 mustang was completely paid off. We still owed some money on her car. I proposed that we sell my mustang and buy a scooter and pay off her car. It is saving us around $500 a month with the setup we have now.

I want her to try to ride with me sometime but I right now don't feel comfortable enough. Right now she is pregnant so maybe in a year I can get her to ride it with me.
Boy, I get that! Congrats on the baby coming! Did you see the post somewhere on the Vespa site where the couple had to ride the scooter to the hospital for the delivery?
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
No I didn't. That sounds crazy!

Hey does your husband have a dark red helmet? Tonight I went to Vespa Austin to pick up parts for my latest experiment and when I was leaving a white GTS Super went buy and the rider was wearing a dark red helmet. He turned left on Westgate when I finally caught up to him. Didn't get a chance to say hi.
@jaxson avatar
UTC

Vino by Yamaha

@jaxson avatar
Vino by Yamaha
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
No I didn't. That sounds crazy!

Hey does your husband have a dark red helmet? Tonight I went to Vespa Austin to pick up parts for my latest experiment and when I was leaving a white GTS Super went buy and the rider was wearing a dark red helmet. He turned left on Westgate when I finally caught up to him. Didn't get a chance to say hi.
No, his helmet is white. His jacket is red tho.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Okay must have been the white GTS super from Vespa Austin not your husband. I know there are two in town.

I guess they are getting another one but it is sold already.

So who is up for lunch???
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa

Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
UTC quote
Chub512,

did you get a chance to go get the current tag yesterday?
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@chub512 avatar
UTC quote
no, i didn't. i got bogged down at work. looks like today may be the same....
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
I'm still available Monday, if that's still the plan. Since chub512 doesn't really want Chinese, and you suggested a place with counter service, I'll throw Schlotzsky's back out there as a suggestion (just South of the river on S. Lamar). How about the rest of you folks?
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
ummgood wrote:
I'm still available Monday, if that's still the plan. Since chub512 doesn't really want Chinese, and you suggested a place with counter service, I'll throw Schlotzsky's back out there as a suggestion (just South of the river on S. Lamar). How about the rest of you folks?
I am fine with that. I love Schlotzsky's even though it is a pain to spell.

What time should we meet?
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@chub512 avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:
ummgood wrote:

schotzsy's works for me. my window of opportunity is between noon and two.
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
chub512 wrote:
ummgood wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:
ummgood wrote:

12:00? 12:15?
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa

Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
UTC quote
Fall has fell
I've been taking a new scenic route home the past two days and suddenly overnight the fall color is here! It's amazing the difference between yesterday and today. I was going to offer to lead the group on this route sometime when I had it all figured out but after seeing it today, y'all might want to drive it if you get time over the next few days. It's all 35mph and under but has several pretty steep hills. Go on Shoal Creek to Anderson lane (or take your favorite route the Anderson lane).Take Anderson west over Mopac where it becomes Spicewood Springs. Continue on Spicewood Springs over Mesa and on down "the big hill" towards 360. Take the last left before you reach 360 and it becomes Spicewood Springs, goes around and under 360 and heads back up a hill and continues on for quite some time, up and down and winding around back and forth over a creek as a beautiful country road even though it's in the middle of town. Follow it until you come to a T in the road. If you go left it's old Lampasas rd which dead ends in a couple of miles but has some nice views. If you go right it continues on as Spicewood to 183 where it becomes Mcneil. I'd go left to the end and then turn around and follow it just pass the T and take a left on Scotland Wells Dr.. This goes up a big hill into a nice neighborhood but might be an interesting area to explore. Thats as far as I've figured it out but it's worth it to just drive the part of Spicewood Springs west of 360 and turn around a follow it back again. I might go explore it a bit more tomorrow if anyone wants to go.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Re: Fall has fell
apmark wrote:
I've been taking a new scenic route home the past two days and suddenly overnight the fall color is here! It's amazing the difference between yesterday and today. I was going to offer to lead the group on this route sometime when I had it all figured out but after seeing it today, y'all might want to drive it if you get time over the next few days. It's all 35mph and under but has several pretty steep hills. Go on Shoal Creek to Anderson lane (or take your favorite route the Anderson lane).Take Anderson west over Mopac where it becomes Spicewood Springs. Continue on Spicewood Springs over Mesa and on down "the big hill" towards 360. Take the last left before you reach 360 and it becomes Spicewood Springs, goes around and under 360 and heads back up a hill and continues on for quite some time, up and down and winding around back and forth over a creek as a beautiful country road even though it's in the middle of town. Follow it until you come to a T in the road. If you go left it's old Lampasas rd which dead ends in a couple of miles but has some nice views. If you go right it continues on as Spicewood to 183 where it becomes Mcneil. I'd go left to the end and then turn around and follow it just pass the T and take a left on Scotland Wells Dr.. This goes up a big hill into a nice neighborhood but might be an interesting area to explore. Thats as far as I've figured it out but it's worth it to just drive the part of Spicewood Springs west of 360 and turn around a follow it back again. I might go explore it a bit more tomorrow if anyone wants to go.
Thanks Mark I'll have to try that sometime.
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@chub512 avatar
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
chub512 wrote:
ummgood wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:
ummgood wrote:

12:00? 12:15?
1215 would be perfect for me.
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@chub512 avatar
UTC quote
Re: Next TAG!
pudNrider wrote:
Here's the next one!

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
I am off to get this one, finally!
UTC

Vespa GTS 250ie

Vespa GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Best Buy on I-35, near 51st
Here you go!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Vespa GTS 250ie

Vespa GTS 250ie
UTC quote
Here's the next one...
This one might be a little hard...
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa

Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
UTC quote
Nope, I know it! Prob can't get it until tomorrow though.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Anyone trying to make it to lunch on Monday at 12:15 on Lamar just south of the bridge? I'm going to try to wash my scoot before then it is so embarrassing. I did get my boat washed and ready for winter today. I was thinking about selling it but I changed my mind after driving it for an hour or so today.
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
I'll be there . . . Schlotzsky's . . . 12:15. Look forward to seeing you.
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@chub512 avatar
UTC quote
I will be there.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
I know where the tag is, too, but probably can't get it for a few days. Your scooters are cute together Chub! Who rode the other one?
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
Re: Best Buy on I-35, near 51st
Paulc512 wrote:
Here you go!
Those are the solar Sunflowers at Mueller...

The "Sunflowers" project, the biggest public art project in Austin's history, is slowly beginning to develop. The Mueller redevelopment Web site describes the project as "a series of 18- to 20-foot tall flower-shaped sculptures that collect the sun's rays and convert them into solar energy to light the structures at night." They will provide shade during the day, and the lights at night will help to light the hike-and-bike trail that runs adjacent to the Mueller property.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Re: Best Buy on I-35, near 51st
pudNrider wrote:
Paulc512 wrote:
Here you go!
Those are the solar Sunflowers at Mueller...

The "Sunflowers" project, the biggest public art project in Austin's history, is slowly beginning to develop. The Mueller redevelopment Web site describes the project as "a series of 18- to 20-foot tall flower-shaped sculptures that collect the sun's rays and convert them into solar energy to light the structures at night." They will provide shade during the day, and the lights at night will help to light the hike-and-bike trail that runs adjacent to the Mueller property.
Sunflowers? I thought they were trying to reach out to aliens!
UTC

Vespa GTS 250ie

Vespa GTS 250ie
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
I know where the tag is, too, but probably can't get it for a few days. Your scooters are cute together Chub! Who rode the other one?
That would be me - I get the hand-me-down scooter.

I'm not complaining though.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
Paulc512 wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
That would be me - I get the hand-me-down scooter.

I'm not complaining though.
Welcome Paul! That's a pretty sweet hand-me-down; I'd sure take it!
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa

Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
UTC quote
Tag!
That's one of 7 low water crossings on Spicewood Springs Rd.
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa

Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
UTC quote
This is the hard tag I referred to before. It's not at all remote though it looks like it. Good luck!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Good job Mark! I didn't have a clue where that was.
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
what happened to the photos? they disappeared off of this thread.
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa

Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
UTC quote
Weird. Hopefully they'll be back on their own.
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
I reported it to the moderators/admin folks
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
They're baa-ack!

Dunno where that bridge is. Hmmm...
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
Well, now I know what the bridge is... Hmmm...
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.3042s ][ Queries: 4 (0.2852s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]