@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
I'll be there . . . Schlotzsky's . . . 12:15. Look forward to seeing you.
Me too! Anyone else?

PudNRider and apmark I was hoping you two would come.
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 161
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 161
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
I should be easy for you to get pud'N. 8)
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 161
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 161
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
I'd love to but it's too tight a squeeze for me to get down there and back in time for my 1:00 appt. Hopefully the next time I can make it. Y'all have fun!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
apmark wrote:
I'd love to but it's too tight a squeeze for me to get down there and back in time for my 1:00 appt. Hopefully the next time I can make it. Y'all have fun!
Okay that is too bad.

I haven't even had a chance to really play the tag in awhile. My daughter has been sick again and thankfully I'll be able to make it to lunch today. Last night she had a fever of 105 and I thought I was going to the ER because we didn't know if she would be able to hold down her medicine to get that fever down but thankfully she did.

PudNRider: I don't know if I upset you in that other topic about the signs in people's yards but if I did I apologize.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:
I'll be there . . . Schlotzsky's . . . 12:15. Look forward to seeing you.
Me too! Anyone else?

PudNRider and apmark I was hoping you two would come.
Wish I could, but I have pretty "standing" plans on Mondays...
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
From the other side...
apmark wrote:
I should be easy for you to get pud'N. 8)
OK, it wasn't all that hard... Laughing emoticon

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
PudNRider: I don't know if I upset you in that other topic about the signs in people's yards but if I did I apologize.
No, you didn't, I was just pokin' back. I hope I didn't upset you either.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
PudNRider: I don't know if I upset you in that other topic about the signs in people's yards but if I did I apologize.
No, you didn't, I was just pokin' back. I hope I didn't upset you either.
No you didn't. I am fine.

Too bad you cannot make it today we'll have to have another one in the future.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Next TAG!
Here's the new one with a hint:

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
Who needs salt?
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
I believe that chub512 will be joining us at lunch today as well.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
I believe that chub512 will be joining us at lunch today as well.
Thanks I saw that he'll be there
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
I haven't even had a chance to really play the tag in awhile. My daughter has been sick again and thankfully I'll be able to make it to lunch today. Last night she had a fever of 105 and I thought I was going to the ER because we didn't know if she would be able to hold down her medicine to get that fever down but thankfully she did.
I hope your little girl is beter.
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
 
Hooked
@chub512 avatar
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
I believe that chub512 will be joining us at lunch today as well.
I will be there.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Y'all should run over and get the tag at lunch, too! Laughing emoticon
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
I would but I don't have time until after lunch to figure it out Maybe Steve or Chub512 will figure it out.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
I haven't even had a chance to really play the tag in awhile. My daughter has been sick again and thankfully I'll be able to make it to lunch today. Last night she had a fever of 105 and I thought I was going to the ER because we didn't know if she would be able to hold down her medicine to get that fever down but thankfully she did.
I hope your little girl is beter.
Thanks my wife is taking her to the Dr. at 11.
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
 
Hooked
@chub512 avatar
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
UTC quote
Re: Fall has fell
apmark wrote:
I've been taking a new scenic route home the past two days and suddenly overnight the fall color is here! It's amazing the difference between yesterday and today. I was going to offer to lead the group on this route sometime when I had it all figured out but after seeing it today, y'all might want to drive it if you get time over the next few days. It's all 35mph and under but has several pretty steep hills. Go on Shoal Creek to Anderson lane (or take your favorite route the Anderson lane).Take Anderson west over Mopac where it becomes Spicewood Springs. Continue on Spicewood Springs over Mesa and on down "the big hill" towards 360. Take the last left before you reach 360 and it becomes Spicewood Springs, goes around and under 360 and heads back up a hill and continues on for quite some time, up and down and winding around back and forth over a creek as a beautiful country road even though it's in the middle of town. Follow it until you come to a T in the road. If you go left it's old Lampasas rd which dead ends in a couple of miles but has some nice views. If you go right it continues on as Spicewood to 183 where it becomes Mcneil. I'd go left to the end and then turn around and follow it just pass the T and take a left on Scotland Wells Dr.. This goes up a big hill into a nice neighborhood but might be an interesting area to explore. Thats as far as I've figured it out but it's worth it to just drive the part of Spicewood Springs west of 360 and turn around a follow it back again. I might go explore it a bit more tomorrow if anyone wants to go.
Thanks for suggesting this ride! Paul and I did it on Saturday and it was beautiful. I highly recommend it.
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
 
Hooked
@chub512 avatar
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
UTC quote
Re: Fall has fell
chub512 wrote:
Thanks for suggesting this ride! Paul and I did it on Saturday and it was beautiful. I highly recommend it.
It was quite nice.

How was lunch?
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Re: Fall has fell
chub512 wrote:
chub512 wrote:
Thanks for suggesting this ride! Paul and I did it on Saturday and it was beautiful. I highly recommend it.
It was quite nice.

How was lunch?
Uh oh Chub is talking to himself.

Lunch was good. Look forward to another sometime.
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
 
Hooked
@chub512 avatar
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
UTC quote
Re: Fall has fell
chub512 wrote:
chub512 wrote:
Thanks for suggesting this ride! Paul and I did it on Saturday and it was beautiful. I highly recommend it.
It was quite nice.

How was lunch?
Wow, that's a weird glitch. Lunch was indded nice.
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
Re: Fall has fell
ummgood wrote:
Lunch was good. Look forward to another sometime.
Good times . . .
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
 
Hooked
@chub512 avatar
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
UTC quote
Re: Fall has fell
steve_in_austin wrote:
ummgood wrote:
Lunch was good. Look forward to another sometime.
Good times . . .
ROFL emoticon
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Okay I am dense but what am I missing here?
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
Okay I am dense but what am I missing here?
Back when they used to do the "Delicious Dish" NPR skit on Saturday Night live, a common saying by either Molly Shannon or Ana Gasteyer when conversation began to fall off was "Good times . . . good times". You would've had to see the skit to get it though Laughing emoticon
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
ummgood wrote:
Okay I am dense but what am I missing here?
Back when they used to do the "Delicious Dish" NPR skit on Saturday Night live, a common saying by either Molly Shannon or Ana Gasteyer when conversation began to fall off was "Good times . . . good times". You would've had to see the skit to get it though Laughing emoticon
Okay just curious I haven't seen that but I do like SNL
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Re: Fall has fell
steve_in_austin wrote:
ummgood wrote:
Lunch was good. Look forward to another sometime.
Good times . . .
yeah...
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
Okay just curious I haven't seen that but I do like SNL
Here's one of their classics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne_LCcMkqaI

You'll have to watch until close to the end of it before you'll hear the "Good times" line. And remember, this is an NPR skit, so what they're saying in the skit is what people would normally be hearing on the radio, with no picture reference as to what's going on in the studio.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
ummgood wrote:
Okay just curious I haven't seen that but I do like SNL
Here's one of their classics: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne_LCcMkqaI

You'll have to watch until close to the end of it before you'll hear the "Good times" line. And remember, this is an NPR skit, so what they're saying in the skit is what people would normally be hearing on the radio, with no picture reference as to what's going on in the studio.
Thanks that was the funniest thing I have seen in awhile. ROFL emoticon
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 161
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 161
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
Re: Fall has fell
Thanks for suggesting this ride! Paul and I did it on Saturday and it was beautiful. I highly recommend it.

glad you enjoyed it! I like it every time I drive it!
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Hint of the day!
Here's another hint, as I think this one may be a toughie!

If you can find this tag, it will be "the miracle" of la semana.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Re: Hint of the day!
pudNrider wrote:
Here's another hint, as I think this one may be a toughie!

If you can find this tag, it will be "the miracle" of la semana.
Okay I got this one at lunch if no one beats me to it!
@maribell avatar
UTC

Hooked
2008 Genuine Stella
Joined: UTC
Posts: 167
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@maribell avatar
2008 Genuine Stella
Joined: UTC
Posts: 167
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
Hello! I would like to play as well ! I sport a Buddy 125 at present and am very seriously purchasing the GTS on Craigslist. Unfortunately, the Austinites on ModBud aren't very active and I wanted to get some info on the GTS.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
maribell wrote:
Hello! I would like to play as well ! I sport a Buddy 125 at present and am very seriously purchasing the GTS on Craigslist. Unfortunately, the Austinites on ModBud aren't very active and I wanted to get some info on the GTS.
Welcome to the forum! Of course you are welcome to play no matter what type of scooter you have. I've seen a few buddies around town maybe one was you.
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 161
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 161
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
Just rewatched the Schweaty Balls skit from SNL..... Hilarious!!! Ha always been one of my favorite SNL skits. Good times!
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 161
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
Joined: UTC
Posts: 161
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
scary!
Yesterday I took the cage because I had some things I needed to carry to work. On the way home just after dark I hit a deer on Hwy 620. Killed the poor thing and tore up the front end of my car. I've never seen anything like it because there was traffic everywhere. I was in the center lane and the car to my right didn't hit it and suddenly it appeared right in front of my car. It was though it just materialized instantly, absolutely nothing I could do. As horrible as that was, it really scared me to think about what would have happened if I'd have been on my scooter instead of in my car. I'd have been creamed and then run over by tons and tons of cars. Yikes!!!


BE CAREFUL!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Re: scary!
apmark wrote:
Yesterday I took the cage because I had some things I needed to carry to work. On the way home just after dark I hit a deer on Hwy 620. Killed the poor thing and tore up the front end of my car. I've never seen anything like it because there was traffic everywhere. I was in the center lane and the car to my right didn't hit it and suddenly it appeared right in front of my car. It was though it just materialized instantly, absolutely nothing I could do. As horrible as that was, it really scared me to think about what would have happened if I'd have been on my scooter instead of in my car. I'd have been creamed and then run over by tons and tons of cars. Yikes!!!


BE CAREFUL!
WOW makes me want to put a deer whistle on my scooter. I am glad you were okay. The car can always be fixed. I drove Redbud home yesterday and saw several deer. The other issue right now is with the time change we are more likely to encounter them after work as they like to come out and visit at night.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Welcome Maribell! Join in Scooter Tag all you want, the more the merrier!!!
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
 
Hooked
@chub512 avatar
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
UTC quote
Re: scary!
apmark wrote:
Yesterday I took the cage because I had some things I needed to carry to work. On the way home just after dark I hit a deer on Hwy 620. Killed the poor thing and tore up the front end of my car. I've never seen anything like it because there was traffic everywhere. I was in the center lane and the car to my right didn't hit it and suddenly it appeared right in front of my car. It was though it just materialized instantly, absolutely nothing I could do. As horrible as that was, it really scared me to think about what would have happened if I'd have been on my scooter instead of in my car. I'd have been creamed and then run over by tons and tons of cars. Yikes!!!


BE CAREFUL!
Glad you are ok!
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
Re: scary!
chub512 wrote:
apmark wrote:
Yesterday I took the cage because I had some things I needed to carry to work. On the way home just after dark I hit a deer on Hwy 620. Killed the poor thing and tore up the front end of my car. I've never seen anything like it because there was traffic everywhere. I was in the center lane and the car to my right didn't hit it and suddenly it appeared right in front of my car. It was though it just materialized instantly, absolutely nothing I could do. As horrible as that was, it really scared me to think about what would have happened if I'd have been on my scooter instead of in my car. I'd have been creamed and then run over by tons and tons of cars. Yikes!!!


BE CAREFUL!
Glad you are ok!
+1
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
el milagro Tortilla place on E 6th street.

I'll need to get the next tag tomorrow morning as it will be too dark on my way home.

I need to start taking pictures in advance.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.2013s ][ Queries: 4 (0.1812s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]