OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
My two hints might help:

1. Do Testudines live here?
2. KXAN execs might have been within a couple blocks of this place.
Not to mention that I've as much as named the place! Laughing emoticon
This was funny because I didn't even know there were more than one of this place in Austin and at that point I assumed they wouldn't have the same sculpture but boy was I wrong!

Plus I doubt any apartment chain can really claim 'Art'.
I bet they have the same dang sculpture in Dallas, too!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Anyone need another hint? It is in the same area of town as the post PudNRider posted. Just wrong set of apartments

Someone needs to get this I am having severe scooter tag withdrawals.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
Anyone need another hint? It is in the same area of town as the post PudNRider posted. Just wrong set of apartments

Someone needs to get this I am having severe scooter tag withdrawals.
I've just been really busy...and it's s'posed to rain all week... Crying or Very sad emoticon
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
 
Hooked
@chub512 avatar
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
UTC quote
oh, come on, do you really believe it is going to rain in Austin, TX? Razz emoticon
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
Anyone need another hint? It is in the same area of town as the post PudNRider posted. Just wrong set of apartments

Someone needs to get this I am having severe scooter tag withdrawals.
I've just been really busy...and it's s'posed to rain all week... Crying or Very sad emoticon
It is not raining right this minute! j/k

Hopefully I won't get wet on the way home.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
chub512 wrote:
oh, come on, do you really believe it is going to rain in Austin, TX? Razz emoticon
Today's looking really bleak outside. I can't believe Steve hasn't gotten this one! If it's looking better when I finish with my "chores", I'll try to get over there. It takes me an hour to get there and back, so I don't want to chance it.

This is definitely making me rethink the next tag I was going to put up.

Maybe I could get partial credit for putting up the right "statue" and put up half a new tag? ROFL emoticon
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
chub512 wrote:
oh, come on, do you really believe it is going to rain in Austin, TX? Razz emoticon
Today's looking really bleak outside. I can't believe Steve hasn't gotten this one! If it's looking better when I finish with my "chores", I'll try to get over there. It takes me an hour to get there and back, so I don't want to chance it.

This is definitely making me rethink the next tag I was going to put up.

Maybe I could get partial credit for putting up the right "statue" and put up half a new tag? ROFL emoticon
haha. This isn't that far out. I had plans for a 'really' far out tag. We'll have to see.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
chub512 wrote:
oh, come on, do you really believe it is going to rain in Austin, TX? Razz emoticon
Today's looking really bleak outside. I can't believe Steve hasn't gotten this one! If it's looking better when I finish with my "chores", I'll try to get over there. It takes me an hour to get there and back, so I don't want to chance it.

This is definitely making me rethink the next tag I was going to put up.

Maybe I could get partial credit for putting up the right "statue" and put up half a new tag? ROFL emoticon
haha. This isn't that far out. I had plans for a 'really' far out tag. We'll have to see.
My other one wasn't that far out either (less than this), but this one has taken so long that I think maybe I should do a closer in one (if I get this one) so it will pick up the pace a bit...
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
TAG for real, this time!
If this isn't the right one, then... Grrr! The Arts Apartments at Turtle Creek

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Next TAG!
OK, I'm going easy on everybody THIS TIME... But, later, WATCH OUT!

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Re: TAG for real, this time!
pudNrider wrote:
If this isn't the right one, then... Grrr! The Arts Apartments at Turtle Creek

That would be the right one! Way to go!
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Re: TAG for real, this time!
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
If this isn't the right one, then... Grrr! The Arts Apartments at Turtle Creek

That would be the right one! Way to go!
Took long enough!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Re: Next TAG!
pudNrider wrote:
OK, I'm going easy on everybody THIS TIME... But, later, WATCH OUT!
I don't have my scoot today at work. I'll have to get it tomorrow morning if no one beats me to it

I wasn't able to get this I got food poisoning or the flu so I stayed home from work today.
⚠️ Last edited by ummgood on UTC; edited 1 time
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Re: TAG for real, this time!
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
If this isn't the right one, then... Grrr! The Arts Apartments at Turtle Creek

That would be the right one! Way to go!
Took long enough!
You were pretty quick to the first one. Don't those sculptures look out of place on that apartment building?
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Re: TAG for real, this time!
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
If this isn't the right one, then... Grrr! The Arts Apartments at Turtle Creek

That would be the right one! Way to go!
Took long enough!
You were pretty quick to the first one. Don't those sculptures look out of place on that apartment building?
They don't since I know they are cheap mass art...
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Hint for TAG
Here's a hint for the current tag: Austin's first neon sign.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Re: Hint for TAG
pudNrider wrote:
Here's a hint for the current tag: Austin's first neon sign.
I was going to go get this yesterday but I caught the flu or food poisoning. I am at work today but I am still getting dizzy and didn't want to risk riding 2 wheels until I am back in full swing again.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Re: Hint for TAG
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
Here's a hint for the current tag: Austin's first neon sign.
I was going to go get this yesterday but I caught the flu or food poisoning. I am at work today but I am still getting dizzy and didn't want to risk riding 2 wheels until I am back in full swing again.
I wondered what happened... I hope you feel better. I definitely think something is going around, so take care!
@bokent avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 50
Location: Austin,TX
 
Enthusiast
@bokent avatar
GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 50
Location: Austin,TX
UTC quote
Tag!!
Bluebonnet Court on Guadalupe

Thanks for going easy on us this time pudNrider
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@bokent avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 50
Location: Austin,TX
 
Enthusiast
@bokent avatar
GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 50
Location: Austin,TX
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
Bokent...I think I saw you around 6:00 p.m. going northbound just behind the Target off I-35 (north-ish). I just started screaming, "That's Bokent - there's Bokent!" I was in a car, so you probably didn't see or hear me.
Thats's funny! That probably was me as I now take several different paths between work and home trying to acquaint myself with Austin landmarks for tagging. In my travels I believe I've come across chub512 scoots unless someone else has 2 black scoots w/ black seats and white piping.

Next tag should be available later today.
@bokent avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 50
Location: Austin,TX
 
Enthusiast
@bokent avatar
GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 50
Location: Austin,TX
UTC quote
New Tag!
Here is the next tag.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Re: New Tag!
bokent wrote:
Here is the next tag.
Wow that mural and the photo makes your scoot look tiny!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Tag! Mural on old hard rock cafe. On San Jacinto and 6th Street.

I couldn't get a good photo because of utility workers.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Next tag?

How many murals of Austin are there in this town anyways?
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
UTC

Member
Vespa GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 13
Location: Austin, TX
 
Member
Vespa GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 13
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
Next tag?

How many murals of Austin are there in this town anyways?
I think I know where this is.

We'll try to get it tomorrow on our way to/from the farmers market.

But then I could be totally wrong...
UTC

Member
Vespa GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 13
Location: Austin, TX
 
Member
Vespa GTS 250ie
Joined: UTC
Posts: 13
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
bokent wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
Bokent...I think I saw you around 6:00 p.m. going northbound just behind the Target off I-35 (north-ish). I just started screaming, "That's Bokent - there's Bokent!" I was in a car, so you probably didn't see or hear me.
Thats's funny! That probably was me as I now take several different paths between work and home trying to acquaint myself with Austin landmarks for tagging. In my travels I believe I've come across chub512 scoots unless someone else has 2 black scoots w/ black seats and white piping.

Next tag should be available later today.
It could have been either or both of us - especially on Guadalupe, Lamar, or Burnett.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
I am guessing that the cold is slowing down our scooter tag game.

Friday night I went on a camp out with some guys at Pace Bend park. I left work at 5 and rode there on my scoot. Stopped for some groceries and got there around 6. The wind was crazy!

The ride home the next day around 11 was definitely chilly.
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
I am guessing that the cold is slowing down our scooter tag game.
It would seem so. Plus, my schedule lately has kept me off the scooter some. I hooked up with chub512 yesterday briefly to see if my FF helmet fits in his LX/S top case (it does). Other than that, I haven't had much time to scoot around.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
ummgood wrote:
I am guessing that the cold is slowing down our scooter tag game.
It would seem so. Plus, my schedule lately has kept me off the scooter some. I hooked up with chub512 yesterday briefly to see if my FF helmet fits in his LX/S top case (it does). Other than that, I haven't had much time to scoot around.
Oh I forgot I was going to tell you it would probably fit. My case is 36L and I heard that the LX case is only slightly smaller at 32L and my helmet has so much room in there it isn't funny.
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
 
Hooked
@chub512 avatar
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
UTC quote
We looked for the tag this weekend, but couldn't find it. Any clues?
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
chub512 wrote:
We looked for the tag this weekend, but couldn't find it. Any clues?
Oh sorry I guess I should be giving hints.

First hint: When your Scientific Atlanta DVR breaks you might take it here.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
I didn't know the US government allowed cloning yet. In the Sacramento Tag area there is a poster called 'steveinsac' and he is trying to propose a get together! Is this the Twilight Zone?

@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
I didn't know the US government allowed cloning yet. In the Sacramento Tag area there is a poster called 'steveinsac' and he is trying to propose a get together! Is this the Twilight Zone?

The US government doesn't allow cloning yet, but that doesn't mean it's not happening
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
 
Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
Joined: UTC
Posts: 362
Location: Austin, Texas
UTC quote
Tag??? JUST KIDDING . . . PHOTOSHOPPED!!

I know where the current tag is, but won't get there today. It's still up for grabs folks!
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
 
Hooked
@chub512 avatar
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
Joined: UTC
Posts: 479
Location: Austin
UTC quote
hahaha pretty funny!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
PHOTOSHOPPED!!
Wow couldn't tell at all! ROFL emoticon
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
 
Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
Joined: UTC
Posts: 2086
Location: Austin, TX
UTC quote
Next hint:

I wonder what they were trying to MONOPOLIZE on when painting this mural.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
TAG!
This is sooo great! I just got back in town, but took a photo of this the other day when I shot the second photo of that #@%$ statue. Mural on S. 1st at Stassney -- Charter Cable.


External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
⚠️ Last edited by pudNrider on UTC; edited 1 time
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Paulc512 wrote:
bokent wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
Bokent...I think I saw you around 6:00 p.m. going northbound just behind the Target off I-35 (north-ish). I just started screaming, "That's Bokent - there's Bokent!" I was in a car, so you probably didn't see or hear me.
Thats's funny! That probably was me as I now take several different paths between work and home trying to acquaint myself with Austin landmarks for tagging. In my travels I believe I've come across chub512 scoots unless someone else has 2 black scoots w/ black seats and white piping.

Next tag should be available later today.
It could have been either or both of us - especially on Guadalupe, Lamar, or Burnett.
It looked like his bag on the rack and his stripes...
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
 
Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal
Joined: UTC
Posts: 1244
Location: Albuquerque, NM
UTC quote
Next TAG!
Here's one I've been saving up that shouldn't be too difficult...at least, to get to.


External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee
 

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com


All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.


[ Time: 0.0303s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0111s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]