Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport

Hooked
@chub512 avatar
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
Big nail in my rear tire Crying or Very sad emoticon

Going to try and have it plugged at the neighborhood gas station this afternoon. Ordered a new tire and having it shipped to me.
Oh man, sorry to hear that. What kind of new tire did you go for?

Thanks for the tip on the brother printer. We are really liking it.
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
chub512 wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:
Big nail in my rear tire Crying or Very sad emoticon

Going to try and have it plugged at the neighborhood gas station this afternoon. Ordered a new tire and having it shipped to me.
Oh man, sorry to hear that. What kind of new tire did you go for?
No luck with the tire plug . . . corner station said their plugs were too big and were designed for steel-belted radials, and they didn't want to risk damaging the tire further. I guess with the weather forecast over the next several days being more cold and a possibility of rain, it's not the end of the world if the scooter remains parked until the new tire arrives and is installed. I ordered the Heidenau K61. I traded some PMs with "Masala" from San Jose, who also had the Michelin like mine, and he switched to the K61 and is *really* happy with it. He said it's much more grippy in corners.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
I'm gonna try to get the tag in the morning/early afternoon if no one else does...
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
Go for it. I think the crowd is probably ready for close-in, easier tags now that the weather is less than ideal/consistent.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
Go for it. I think the crowd is probably ready for close-in, easier tags now that the weather is less than ideal/consistent.
Yeah, we've definitely slooooowed down...
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa

Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
UTC quote
Sorry to have brought this game to a halt. It was just so pretty the day that I took it and it's so far been my favorite road to ride. I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!!!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:
I was planning on getting this today but when I went outside there was frost on my lawn and I wasn't going to risk potentially hitting ice. I think tomorrow should be warmer.

I ordered my full face helmet so hopefully that will come soon and I will start taking the bus less again
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:
I was planning on getting this today but when I went outside there was frost on my lawn and I wasn't going to risk potentially hitting ice. I think tomorrow should be warmer.

I ordered my full face helmet so hopefully that will come soon and I will start taking the bus less again
I still haven't gotten a full face helmet...but my new LCD TV's real pretty. Keeps me warm, too (just stay in to watch it). Razz emoticon
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:

I still haven't gotten a full face helmet...but my new LCD TV's real pretty. Keeps me warm, too (just stay in to watch it). Razz emoticon
Oooh sounds nice. If it is big enough you could play a Blu-ray of a fireplace and that would really help.

Turns out at the motorcycle show I found out I actually wear a size XL helmet! Just I need a very long oval shape helmet and that is why I needed a XXXL in the round shaped helmets. The Arai profile fit me the best and I could wear a Shoei RF1000 but it did not fit me as well as the Arai. I managed to find an Arai for around the price of the Shoei so I jumped on it. I don't have a clue how long it takes to ship.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:

Oooh sounds nice. If it is big enough you could play a Blu-ray of a fireplace and that would really help.

Turns out at the motorcycle show I found out I actually wear a size XL helmet! Just I need a very long oval shape helmet and that is why I needed a XXXL in the round shaped helmets. The Arai profile fit me the best and I could wear a Shoei RF1000 but it did not fit me as well as the Arai. I managed to find an Arai for around the price of the Shoei so I jumped on it. I don't have a clue how long it takes to ship.
Sounds like you have an alien sort of head....
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:

Sounds like you have an alien sort of head....
I guess E.T.'s head is long oval shape too. I never thought of that. Some aliens probably would wear more of an egg shaped helmet though.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
Like this: External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
Like this: External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
haha that would be long oval. I think Predator or this guy would be egg shaped.
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
TAG, finally!
Here it is: External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
I don't know what it is other than a big house on Westlake Dr.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
New TAG!
Here's the next one:

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Re: New TAG!
pudNrider wrote:
Here's the next one:

External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
Don't have a clue on this one!
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
Re: New TAG!
ummgood wrote:
Don't have a clue on this one!
Hang around and maybe you'll get one!
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
No tire yet (hoping it would've arrived today). Perhaps tomorrow. Crying or Very sad emoticon

However, my new top case just arrived, so I guess I'll get started on installing that.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
Hint:
Did anyone figure out that I've already given a hint???
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
No tire yet (hoping it would've arrived today). Perhaps tomorrow. Crying or Very sad emoticon

However, my new top case just arrived, so I guess I'll get started on installing that.
Yea, topcase! Still haven't decided if I'm going to get one or not. I like the clean lines without it, but also really like having the extra storage. Hmph!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Re: Hint:
pudNrider wrote:
Did anyone figure out that I've already given a hint???
I figured out from your hint what it is just not where it is.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:

Yea, topcase! Still haven't decided if I'm going to get one or not. I like the clean lines without it, but also really like having the extra storage. Hmph!
Once you have one you won't know why you tortured yourself so long. I love my topcase. It is so handy. You can put your helmet, gloves, etc... in it when you go to the store. Then take it out and put all your groceries in it.

I had to take it off so Jimmy could replace the fender on my bike and was too lazy to put it back on for a couple weeks and I was miserable.
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
Got the hint! Just not riding presently. Regarding the top case, it's not all that roomy. My Shoei FF helmet barely fits in there with not a lot of room left over. If the helmet is sitting up, I have to force the lid closed or take out the felt liner in the case . . . so I instead have the helmet lying on its side, still with barely any clearance when the lid closes. I've stuffed the seat cover around the helmet to help hold the helmet in place (i.e., for those times when I'm wearing the Vespa 3/4 helmet, which I still prefer). At least now I'll have both helmets with me and can choose which one I want to wear, and can use the storage (from whichever helmet I'm wearing) to hold other stuff.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
steve_in_austin wrote:
Got the hint! Just not riding presently. Regarding the top case, it's not all that roomy. My Shoei FF helmet barely fits in there with not a lot of room left over. If the helmet is sitting up, I have to force the lid closed or take out the felt liner in the case . . . so I instead have the helmet lying on its side, still with barely any clearance when the lid closes. I've stuffed the seat cover around the helmet to help hold the helmet in place (i.e., for those times when I'm wearing the Vespa 3/4 helmet, which I still prefer). At least now I'll have both helmets with me and can choose which one I want to wear, and can use the storage (from whichever helmet I'm wearing) to hold other stuff.
Mine must be taller than yours because I can fit both my 3/4 helmet and my new Arai FF in there (not at the same time but they both fit) no problem with room for my gloves, sunglasses, etc... My case also has a liner but I don't have to remove it to put all my junk in there.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
steve_in_austin wrote:

Once you have one you won't know why you tortured yourself so long. I love my topcase. It is so handy. You can put your helmet, gloves, etc... in it when you go to the store. Then take it out and put all your groceries in it.

I had to take it off so Jimmy could replace the fender on my bike and was too lazy to put it back on for a couple weeks and I was miserable.
I've had a topcase before (on all of my scoots except the LXV) and really liked it. I just like the retro-y look of the LXV without it...
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
Top case is installed, but I still don't have my tire. Bad timing on ordering it. The tire shipped out from the supplier in San Jose on Friday the 21st, then sat at a UPS facility in California over the weekend and finally left by ground freight on Monday the 24th. Arrived in Mesquite Texas the day before Thanksgiving, arrived in Austin early in the morning on Thanksgiving, and is now sitting at the UPS facility here in Austin for 4 days until it goes out for delivery on Monday (UPS didn't deliver "ground" freight on Friday . . . extended holiday for them). I *have* already removed the muffler and wheel though, so I'm all ready for having the tire swapped out at soon as I get my hands on it. Will be nice to have the scooter back this coming week. Sigh emoticon
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
Hint:
Because of steel shortages in WWII, the TAG was built with laminated wood. Hopefully the weather will get better and someone can get this!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Re: Hint:
pudNrider wrote:
Because of steel shortages in WWII, the TAG was built with laminated wood. Hopefully the weather will get better and someone can get this!
I might have an idea on this. I'll try to see if I can narrow it down by tomorrow if someone doesn't get it first.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Tag!

Historic Browning Hangar at Mueller
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Hey did I get the wrong one or did they just install a fence? I don't want to post my follow up tag if this one is wrong.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
Hey did I get the wrong one or did they just install a fence? I don't want to post my follow up tag if this one is wrong.
You got it right, I pulled Puddin' inside the fence (it was open) for the shot. You are on the opposite side though...
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
You got it right, I pulled Puddin' inside the fence (it was open) for the shot. You are on the opposite side though...
Wow what a rebel trespassing for scooter tag and all! Can't you get shot in Texas for that?
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
Okay next tag! Armadillos all over the place!
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
Wow what a rebel trespassing for scooter tag and all! Can't you get shot in Texas for that?
I think you can get shot in Texas for just about anything...
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
I think you can get shot in Texas for just about anything...
That is probably true!
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
I know where the tag is, we'll see if I can get over there today. Or someone else can!?!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
I know where the tag is, we'll see if I can get over there today. Or someone else can!?!
Did you have to search for it or did you recognize it right away? Just curious how obvious it is.
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
Did you have to search for it or did you recognize it right away? Just curious how obvious it is.
Obvious is okay right now, given how the tags have slowed way down. Perhaps some of the others who haven't participated in awhile will get involved again if the tag locations are easy/recognizable, etc.
OP
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
I hadn't noticed it before, but I had a correct idea based on knowledge of local "history". So, I guess it's a little obvious, but I agree with Steve in that it's probably a good thing right now.
@apmark avatar
UTC

Hooked
2006 GT 200 Vespa

Hooked
@apmark avatar
2006 GT 200 Vespa
UTC quote
shooting in texas
As far as shooting goes, it is STILL illegal in Texas to shoot an Indian from a street car. Shouldn't they clean up the law books every now and then?
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0479s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0120s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]