OP
@michael_h avatar
UTC

2006 LX150 "Amadora"

@michael_h avatar
2006 LX150 "Amadora"
UTC quote
I believe that the idle may be set high on my LX-150, but the scooter runs well. When warm and idling on the centre stand, the rear wheel does spin about 1 revolution per second. My only problem is that I can barely get 50 mph out of the scooter (mind you it is hauling all 200 lb of me with it ). My question is, if I turn down the idle a wee bit would that further lessen my top speed, or would I be wise to just leave well enough alone?
@scooter_west avatar
UTC

Sponsor

Sponsor
@scooter_west avatar
UTC quote
Your idle has nothing to do with top speed. They are on two totally separate circuits in your carb. They should have nothing to do with each other.
@ericalm avatar
UTC

Wiki Moderator
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix

Wiki Moderator
@ericalm avatar
LX 190, Aurora Blue + Stella FOUR STROKE FURY! + '87 Helix
UTC quote
Re: Does idle adjustment affect top speed?
harnadem wrote:
I believe that the idle may be set high on my LX-150, but the scooter runs well. When warm and idling on the centre stand, the rear wheel does spin about 1 revolution per second. My only problem is that I can barely get 50 mph out of the scooter (mind you it is hauling all 200 lb of me with it ). My question is, if I turn down the idle a wee bit would that further lessen my top speed, or would I be wise to just leave well enough alone?
But there may be some problem... I can easily hit 50 (on the speedometer) on a flat surface on my unmodified LX and am about your same weight (okay, a little more). I was just doing 45 with a 115 lb. passenger earlier this afternoon na ddid not have trhe throttle opened all the way...
OP
@michael_h avatar
UTC

2006 LX150 "Amadora"

@michael_h avatar
2006 LX150 "Amadora"
UTC quote
Re: Does idle adjustment affect top speed?
ericalm wrote:
But there may be some problem... I can easily hit 50 (on the speedometer) on a flat surface on my unmodified LX and am about your same weight (okay, a little more). I was just doing 45 with a 115 lb. passenger earlier this afternoon na ddid not have trhe throttle opened all the way...
On the speedometer, I reach 60 (90ish kph), but was clocked at 50 by my wife, who was following behind. That is where the 50 came from. Is that still out of the ordinary for an LX-150?
@vanslam avatar
UTC

Addicted
Vespa LX150

Addicted
@vanslam avatar
Vespa LX150
UTC quote
According to the technical comparisons for LX150 60 should equal 55. I checked on LX150 with my I5 and its about right. Verified GPS with my Vette certified speedo - it was only off 1 mile per hour once the vette got into triple digits.

The Vespa speedo gets less accurate the faster you go.

Check here for the technical details

[topic16]
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0119s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0044s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]