OP
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
To all Austin Scooter Tag Participants:

We will be meeting this Sunday (26th) at 2:00 over at Texenza Coffee (formerly Seattle's Best) at 5th & Lamar. Based on the responses that I've gotten from participants, there's likely 6 or 7 of us that will be meeting, so I would anticipate that there should be sufficient parking in the parking lot which is accessed off of Baylor Street between 5th & 6th Streets. We should obviously try to share parking spots to minimize the number of spots that we take while there, and let's all meet in the lot first before going inside to get coffee or whatever. After we've had a chance to get to know each other a little, we can go for a ride around some scenic parts of Austin. I look forward to seeing you!
@emepetres avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
MP3 250

Enthusiast
@emepetres avatar
MP3 250
UTC quote
Austin Tag: What is it and if its only for certains scooters?
OP
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
EMEPETRES wrote:
Go to this thread under Forums / Scooter Tag: Austin, TX Scooter Tag! (Page 23)

The Austin Scooter Tag (which is open to all types of scooters) was started back on August 10th, and the rules are as follows:

* The boundaries are within Travis County, TX.

* The Tag started by someone posting a photo of their scooter with a landmark, sign, etc. Clues may be given along with the photo.

* Other participants try to locate and ride to the same place and get a photo with THEIR scooter at the same location.

* The first person (tagger) to "tag" the photo by posting their photo with their scooter on the existing forum thread gets to post the next photo (location) for people to find.

* If the tagger does not post a photo (location) within 48 hours, anyone may hijack the tag and post a new photo/location.

* If no one is able to identify the tag location, the poster can give progressively easier clues until someone finally figures it out, though please don't post (give away) the location of the tag until you post the photo of your scooter at the location. The hunt is part of the fun.
OP
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@steve_in_austin avatar
UTC quote
Quite a few of us have been participating in the Austin Scooter Tag since August, though few of us (if any) have ever met each other in person. I organized the get-together this Sunday (26th) as a way for us participants to finally meet each other and get to know each other a little better. You're welcome to join us EMEPETRES.
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2018 Piaggio Liberty - Gal

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
EMEPETRES wrote:
Scooter Tag is fun for everyone! Come play! Check out the map at the bottom of my post to see all the locations we've hit so far. (They are the photos of the person who got the original tag, not the tagger's.)

Clap emoticon
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
I think we should ride over to ummgood's place since he can't come on the ride! ROFL emoticon
@chub512 avatar
UTC

Hooked
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport

Hooked
@chub512 avatar
2019 Vespa Sprint 150 Sport
UTC quote
More Friends!
I am going to bring one, maybe two friends with me. Should be fun!
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
and my neighbor is definitely coming, too!
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
I think we should ride over to ummgood's place since he can't come on the ride! ROFL emoticon
haha I wouldn't mind not so sure about my wife though.
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
We could get kinda close just by guessing, but that'd be pretty scary...
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
We could get kinda close just by guessing, but that'd be pretty scary...
haha Google maps won't help you!

Honey why are there 20 scooters in the driveway? haha
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
You're just going to be the stealth tagger, huh?
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
You're just going to be the stealth tagger, huh?
At 6'4" 280lbs that is pretty much impossible.
⬆️    About 1 year elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

'07 GT200 & '08 UNO150 Lambretta

UTC quote
Tag Map
So Pud'n....how does the tag map work? Who's updating that or how can one do it? Peeps can just update it by signing onto goodle or something? what's the details on that?

got ur msg too. you're welcome, and thank you again!
@pudnrider avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso

Molto Verboso
@pudnrider avatar
UTC quote
Re: Tag Map
SurFrogs wrote:
So Pud'n....how does the tag map work? Who's updating that or how can one do it? Peeps can just update it by signing onto goodle or something? what's the details on that?

I've been updating the map after every tag or so since its inception. Not sure how someone else could update it, though. I kind of enjoy doing it, so unless you, or someone else really wants to, I certainly don't mind keeping it up.

Just a note about the Oct ride...it's from last year, in case anyone is thinking of going.
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
pudNrider wrote:
SurFrogs wrote:

I've been updating the map after every tag or so since its inception. Not sure how someone else could update it, though. I kind of enjoy doing it, so unless you, or someone else really wants to, I certainly don't mind keeping it up.

Just a note about the Oct ride...it's from last year, in case anyone is thinking of going.
Anyone can update the map. I have it public.

Do you want to create one of your own just create a google account and go to "My Maps" from the google maps page and create a new map and share the link.

Oh and good job keeping it updated. I still do check it out regularly. I have posted a couple but Pudnrider has done 99% of the work.
UTC

UTC quote
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
SurFrogs wrote:

Do you want to create one of your own just create a google account and go to "My Maps" from the google maps page and create a new map and share the link.

Oh and good job keeping it updated. I still do check it out regularly. I have posted a couple but Pudnrider has done 99% of the work.
Cool! well good to know.
How's the BV500?? I waaaant onee! Crying or Very sad emoticon
and lastly...mmhh..
we could start planing an October meet up, ey?
@ummgood avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 BV500

Ossessionato
@ummgood avatar
2009 BV500
UTC quote
SurFrogs wrote:
ummgood wrote:
pudNrider wrote:
SurFrogs wrote:

Cool! well good to know.
How's the BV500?? I waaaant onee! Crying or Very sad emoticon
and lastly...mmhh..
we could start planing an October meet up, ey?
I probably wouldn't be able to do a weekend meetup because I am too busy on weekends. I could probably make a lunch get together during business hours.

I love my BV500. I now have 6200 miles on it and haven't had any problems. I need new brakes and my tires have maybe 1500 to 2000 miles left and since the labor is high to have the rear tire replaced I'll probably have it changed out with the brake job.

The tires and other parts are harder to find than on a GTS or other vespas. I found a couple places online that sell them and ordered some. Vespa Austin wanted more than double the price of this online place and the online place looks pretty respected throughout the motorcycle community so I gave it a shot. They don't carry the OEM Pirelli GTS23 and 24 tires so I ordered the Pirelli Diablos. Not sure how they fair but I wasn't going to spend 300+ for the GTS tires when I could get the Diablos for 140 shipped.

Plus even more difficult my bike is a orphan color so some parts could be harder to come by. I have to order the color parts for a BV250 because they don't officially make the BV500 in my color. But I love the fact that I am the only one with a silver BV500!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0997s ][ Queries: 22 (0.0667s) ][ Debug on ][ 313 ][ Thing One ]