OP
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS 250

Enthusiast
GTS 250
UTC quote
I have a GTS 250 and park it in the garage. Every morning for about the last two monts when I leave for work the brakes squeek quite a bit. I bought it new in June of this year and have about 2500 miles on it. Could it need new brakes already?
@volosong avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2010 GTS 300, 2008 MP3 500

Molto Verboso
@volosong avatar
2010 GTS 300, 2008 MP3 500
UTC quote
Squeaks when brakes applies, or when "cruising"? One of my brakes started squeaking recently, the front one I think. From my experience with disc brake German automobiles, squeaky pads are just a result of the composition of the pads. Softer pads don't squeak, but don't last very long either. Harder pads last longer with the "disadvantage" of squeaking. Just check the thickness from time to time and you should be okay. Not really an indication of metal on metal, but it could be. You need to visually inspect your pads as part of a normal maintenance program.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0095s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0038s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]