External inline image provided by member with no explanatory text
UTC

Banned
GTS 250ie YELLOW N WHITE,Giallo Lime

Banned
GTS 250ie YELLOW N WHITE,Giallo Lime
UTC quote
JETTIN
I ordered from Jettin earlier this summer. I received immediate replies to my emails. Nyle even threw in some stickers. I received my dipsticks and Chrome Bar ends quickly, within a week. I'd order from JETTIN again. They are very lagit. 8)
@judy avatar
UTC

World Traveler
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa

World Traveler
@judy avatar
2007 LX150 Daring Plum Leonardo Da Vespa
UTC quote
I was wondering myself if nyle is alright. I can attest to his credibility. Awesome person and products. I know recently he's been busy since the word is out on his good products but it's not like him to surface somewhere. Anyone got the 411?
UTC

Hooked
Vespa LX150

Hooked
Vespa LX150
UTC quote
louisq wrote:
http://www.truetorch.com/
Yeah, That's Nyle and Johnny main business.
@gogogordy avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
Reprehensible Misinformant

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@gogogordy avatar
Reprehensible Misinformant
UTC quote
vinavespa wrote:
louisq wrote:
http://www.truetorch.com/
Yeah, That's Nyle and Johnny main business.
Factually, you are partially correct. But why not focus on Jettin, as the Truetorch aspect has no relevance here. I'm not going to discuss each of their individual businesses or "day-jobs", but Jettin is Jettin, thats what this thread is about.

They (Nyle and Johnny=Jettin) are however legitimate, NOT flakey, and they are conscientious suppliers to us, a very small niche market of scooterists. A VERY small constituency. Please keep that in mind...while YOUR chrome dipstick or bar-ends MAY be of the utmost importance to YOU (and there's nothing wrong with that...) the fact that these very specialized, niche products don't ship the instant you hit the "checkout" button, doesn't have anything to do with their ethics, or business standards.

I know both of these guys, and their wives (Board of Directors?) personally and they are great people, with other committments, problems, projects etc. that pervade all of our lives occasionally. Sometimes, those things MAY be more important than shipping bar-ends "right this minute". Happens to us all in our daily lives. That doesn't justify a lack of communication, but put yourself in someone else's shoes for a moment, and think about this in the great scheme of things.

I've NEVER heard of anyone getting stung by Jettin, and while delays in "getting your stuff" are frustrating, Jettin always makes good. Oh, they donate to nearly every scooter rally they are asked to, as well.

C'mon friends, these are baubles for scooters...have some patience and empathy.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
mattgordon wrote:
What would really save the day is posting and answer....I share your loyalties with Nyle and Jettin...but it's still a business and if you sell a bauble you sold a product to someone deserving basic communication. I'm certain there's more to this story, but on face it doesn't look good! Perhaps one of you "buddies" and riding partners could help a friend and save some face?
OP
@mullman avatar
UTC

Addicted
10 Dragon Red GTS300, 67 BMW hack

Addicted
@mullman avatar
UTC quote
louisq wrote:
mattgordon wrote:
What would really save the day is posting and answer....I share your loyalties with Nyle and Jettin...but it's still a business and if you sell a bauble you sold a product to someone deserving basic communication. I'm certain there's more to this story, but on face it doesn't look good! Perhaps one of you "buddies" and riding partners could help a friend and save some face?
I agree and this is my point since I do not know them from 'Adam'.

Just have a blurb on the Jettin website that says 'expect product in 30-60 days', or simply return my phone calls or emails and just say 'hey man, we're busy, your junk will be a few more weeks even though we already charged you.'

I'm cool with some explanation, but disappointed with no communication.

A business is a business. FYI, the wife and I both run small businesses (well, mine is small, the wife's is actually pretty serious) outside of our day jobs in addition to raising our children, so I know things can be busy. But when I am rebuilding a 50 year old engine for someone, or truing some old rims, I ALWAYS return communication within 24 hrs. It is common courtesy and goes a long way toward repeat business.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
mullman wrote:
A business is a business. FYI, the wife and I both run small businesses (well, mine is small, the wife's is actually pretty serious) outside of our day jobs in addition to raising our children, so I know things can be busy. But when I am rebuilding a 50 year old engine for someone, or truing some old rims, I ALWAYS return communication within 24 hrs. It is common courtesy and goes a long way toward repeat business.
Resolved yet?
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
From an outsiders POV, the problem is that items are charged on order, not when sent.

If someone is making things ad-hoc in their garage, I would certainly hope they only charged me when the goods were sent out.

That, and the lack of any email acknowledgements (are scripts too hard?) makes me think these are good folk if you are nearby, but do not use them if you are far away and you want 'professional' service.

Just my GOG UK take, don't make anything of it.
OP
@mullman avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mullman avatar
UTC quote
louisq wrote:
Resolved yet?
Still NO Product.
Still NO Communication.

@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
mullman wrote:
louisq wrote:
Resolved yet?
Still NO Product.
Still NO Communication.

Sorry mullman! The silence is deafening! I had hoped someone in their area or nearby clubs would have had some sort of report by now. I was planning to make another order and get some tools...
@scootergirlinal avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2012 BV 350

Ossessionato
@scootergirlinal avatar
2012 BV 350
UTC quote
I emailed, instead of PMing, Jettin a couple of weeks ago requesting info on a product and received a reply on Monday, from John. The address is JETTINSCOOTERS@aol.com. John did say his wife has been ill and I believe, as several of his friends and/or customers on MV suggested, that this may be why there has been a lack of communication. If you haven't emailed, it might be worth a try.
UTC

Vespa GTS 250, Stella w/sidecar

UTC quote
We're having the same problem. Ordered a clutch holding tool in early November, paypal deducted payment and to date no clutch holding tool. My wife and i have each emailed and phoned and only recieved one email from Nyles saying he would check into it. Still no product and no further contact in response to our inquiries. Definitely not a good way to do business. They have a great line of products, but this is probably my last dealings with them.
OP
@mullman avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mullman avatar
UTC quote
UPDATE-

Still no stuff, but Nyle just emailed me back, and said he would personally look into it.

I'm satisfied with that, I just wanted some communication.
⚠️ Last edited by mullman on UTC; edited 1 time
@trafficjammer avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2008 Teal LX125 ... 2007 Red LX150 ... 2010 Yellow LX125ie

Ossessionato
@trafficjammer avatar
2008 Teal LX125 ... 2007 Red LX150 ... 2010 Yellow LX125ie
UTC quote
Glad to hear Nyle has been in touch!

I have to agree with Jim though ... you don't charge first and ship muuuuuch later. Communications need improvement but I think anybody has the right to piss and moan if they have been charged but don't receive the product in a reasonable amount of time.

It would make sense (if it is just a very small cottage industry) to put a small blurb on the site saying shipping is "as and when we are able" ... AND ... charges will not be applied until date of shipment.

I think most people would be a lot more patient if they understood the business better.
⚠️ Last edited by TrafficJammer on UTC; edited 1 time
@bonkers avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
'06 GTS (Grendel), '13 Honda NC700X (Ginger)

Molto Verboso
@bonkers avatar
'06 GTS (Grendel), '13 Honda NC700X (Ginger)
UTC quote
That's a shame. I have ordered twice from Jettin'. The second order was really late or something (I can't quite remember) and I got an email, an overnight delivery at no charge and an apology for the mix-up. That's all I ask! I mean, shit happens now and again; what matters after that is whether the issue is addressed and in this case they took care of me. They seem like stand-up people to me.

Edit:
You got your stuff! Great!
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
TrafficJammer wrote:
I have to agree with Jim though ... you don't charge first and ship muuuuuch later.
Unfortunately Paypal doesn't have a mechanism to do that. Adding the ability to take credit cards adds a fairly significant cost to a small internet niche business.

Maybe this would be a good community service project for a local scooter club? Help a valuable member of the MV community get back on track?
@dee avatar
UTC

Hooked
ET4 "Bucky"; Midnight Blue MP3 400 "Zucchero"

Hooked
@dee avatar
ET4 "Bucky"; Midnight Blue MP3 400 "Zucchero"
UTC quote
I ordered an oil and filter wrench from Jettin based on the advice of someone I respect on MV, and I received it 4 working days later. I also received an email from them that they received the order.

I was pleased with their service, and hope all is well with them.

Dee
@joel_hamilton avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS (RIP) '09 GTS Ducati M750

Addicted
@joel_hamilton avatar
'07 GTS (RIP) '09 GTS Ducati M750
UTC quote
I am in the music biz, and the deal with getting the coolest stuff is exactly the same. I can go to guitar center (read "wal mart") and get any old P.O.S. thingy that makes a noise or modifies a noise I already made, some piece of gear or an instrument.... BUT,
if I want the real deal, like a beautiful custom guitar or hand made piece of equipment like a tube compressor or mic pre, made with care by a real person... I have to play the game, which means dealing with cool people, with sometimes esoteric lifestyles and ways of doing business.
I would never, ever, ever hope that these people acted like wal mart. I have always tried to stay away from that type of crap, and I really like the stuff Nyle makes because it is unique and not available at every flavor of the month dealer, nor is it available at your local car supply place next to the rebel flag stickers and faux crystal dolphin clip on ash tray that says "tammy sue" on it.

What was the question?

UTC

Addicted
MP3-250 Tiger 1050 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone

Addicted
MP3-250 Tiger 1050 Moto Guzzi V7 Stone
UTC quote
Joel Hamilton wrote:
I am in the music biz, and the deal with getting the coolest stuff is exactly the same. I can go to guitar center (read "wal mart") and get any old P.O.S. thingy that makes a noise or modifies a noise I already made, some piece of gear or an instrument.... BUT,
if I want the real deal, like a beautiful custom guitar or hand made piece of equipment like a tube compressor or mic pre, made with care by a real person... I have to play the game, which means dealing with cool people, with sometimes esoteric lifestyles and ways of doing business.
I would never, ever, ever hope that these people acted like wal mart. I have always tried to stay away from that type of crap, and I really like the stuff Nyle makes because it is unique and not available at every flavor of the month dealer, nor is it available at your local car supply place next to the rebel flag stickers and faux crystal dolphin clip on ash tray that says "tammy sue" on it.

What was the question?

I believe the question was would you be happy if you paid upfront for your new cool guitar/amp or whatever and then never heard back from the people with your money? I've ordered from Jettin in the past and had no trouble but the lack of communication is a killer for me.
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
UTC quote
louisq wrote:
TrafficJammer wrote:
I have to agree with Jim though ... you don't charge first and ship muuuuuch later.
Unfortunately Paypal doesn't have a mechanism to do that. Adding the ability to take credit cards adds a fairly significant cost to a small internet niche business.

Maybe this would be a good community service project for a local scooter club? Help a valuable member of the MV community get back on track?
What they need is a website that allows an order to be placed, and when ready to be shipped they can send an email "Now pay this Paypal a/c and it'll be in the post".

It would depend on their reading their own email though...
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
jimc wrote:
It would depend on their reading their own email though...
@snapshot05 avatar
UTC

WHOoligan
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K

WHOoligan
@snapshot05 avatar
1985 PX200E Arcobaleno : 2010/14 GTS300 S: RIP GTS250 @ 40K
UTC quote
I have faith in Nyle and Johnnie, Im sure they make it right like they have in the past.

Maybe thier supplier, whether chrome or other is screwing things up.

Out of all their orders, have they ever let anyone down, no they have always made good.

Nyles a stand up guy, hes never been a hit and run guy.

Manny
@stungover avatar
UTC

Hooked
GT200 x 2

Hooked
@stungover avatar
GT200 x 2
UTC quote
Placed my order for a wrench earlier in the week. . . got it in the mail yesterday. It's beautiful!
@scooterbobby avatar
UTC

Hooked
31 motorcycles..8scooters and a bad -ass Fiat 500

Hooked
@scooterbobby avatar
31 motorcycles..8scooters and a bad -ass Fiat 500
UTC quote
Mullman...what barends did you order??
i stock alot of Nyles and Johnnies stuff and if they are short on it , i'll send you something from my stock(if i have what you want). i can wait for those guys to re-supply me. let me know..i'll try to call Nyle to see if i can help.
bobby
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
scooterbobby wrote:
Mullman...what barends did you order??
i stock alot of Nyles and Johnnies stuff and if they are short on it , i'll send you something from my stock(if i have what you want). i can wait for those guys to re-supply me. let me know..i'll try to call Nyle to see if i can help.
bobby
Clap emoticon
@arizonasteve avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTS 250ie

Enthusiast
@arizonasteve avatar
GTS 250ie
UTC quote
I ordered a chrome visor in the middle of Nov. 08. It took 2 nice emails, and a full month to get my visor. I was going to order more of their stuff but not now. Not worth the trouble.
@beergeek avatar
UTC

Hooked
Black '07 LX 150

Hooked
@beergeek avatar
Black '07 LX 150
UTC quote
Just ordered a visor from them and got it in just over a week. Quality is nice, and seemed a timely enough delivery, at least in my case. Also they did drop me a email acknowledging my order and telling me it was on the way. Overall, I am happy with their service and wouldnt hesitate to order from them again.
@tomjasz avatar
UTC

Grievance Farmer

Grievance Farmer
@tomjasz avatar
UTC quote
It's really a shame there has been no official response, Especially given the support here....go figure...

It will be interesting to see how timely the new shock parts are orders are fulfilled.
UTC

UTC quote
Seems a lot of people are quick to defend Jettin and there was a time I would have also. But about six weeks ago I ordered a clutch holding tool, paid for through pay pal and have yet to receive it. I've tried to contact by phone and email and have only recieved one response that they would check into it. Still nothing. I guess I'm goint to try for a refund from pay pal and look elsewhere for a clutch holding tool.
OP
@mullman avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mullman avatar
UTC quote
mullman wrote:
UPDATE-

Still no stuff, but Nyle just emailed me back, and said he would personally look into it.

I'm satisfied with that, I just wanted some communication.
UPDATE to my post on Dec 5.

Still no bar-ends still no further communication other than Nyle was personally going to look into the matter.

That was a month ago today...
@dave avatar
UTC

Hooked
2007 GTS 250

Hooked
@dave avatar
2007 GTS 250
UTC quote
I ordered and paid for a chrome visor back in October and I have yet to see it.
OP
@mullman avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mullman avatar
UTC quote
Has anyone heard from Jettin'?

Anyone ever had to try and get a refund from PayPal?

Suck.
@bklwashere avatar
UTC

Addicted
2006 Piaggio BV250

Addicted
@bklwashere avatar
2006 Piaggio BV250
UTC quote
mullman wrote:
Has anyone heard from Jettin'?
I had some luck getting in touch with John using JettinIndustries@aol.com when I had issues with a recent order (last communication was about a month ago).
OP
@mullman avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mullman avatar
UTC quote
bklwashere wrote:
had some luck getting in touch with John using JettinIndustries@aol.com when I had issues with a recent order (last communication was about a month ago).
Yep, exact address I have been using since October.
UTC

Banned

Banned
UTC quote
mullman wrote:
bklwashere wrote:
had some luck getting in touch with John using JettinIndustries@aol.com when I had issues with a recent order (last communication was about a month ago).
Yep, exact address I have been using since October.
Craziness!

I think it's time to email that you want either the item to arrive next week or your money back
Or maybe just ask for the money back
Good luck!
@benito avatar
UTC

2010 Dragon Red GTS 300 Super, 2018 Grigio Titanio Piaggio Liberty S 150

@benito avatar
2010 Dragon Red GTS 300 Super, 2018 Grigio Titanio Piaggio Liberty S 150
UTC quote
I think I'd be starting lose my patience as well. There must be a phone number that you can call? (714) 662-0112 is the one on their website. I know it is not toll free but I'd be wanting to speak with someone to figure this out if it was me. I recently ordered urethane bushings and did receive them in a timely manner.
OP
@mullman avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@mullman avatar
UTC quote
More time has passed with no product or communication.

Has anyone seen Nyle this year?
If so can you ask him to check his email ( JettinIndustries@aol.com ).

This is so beyond ridiculous.
@cindy avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2006 Vespa LX150

Molto Verboso
@cindy avatar
2006 Vespa LX150
UTC quote
Thanks for the heads up. I was looking to order their bar ends and dipstick, but now I'll pass. Customer service is very important.

If Jettin is a legit business you should be able to get a refund from Paypal without any problems.

Good luck!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0302s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0130s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]