OP
UTC

2004 ET2 Silver

2004 ET2 Silver
UTC quote
Hi Everyone,

Shameless self promotion: Check out what I make!

http://www.cloudesign.etsy.com/[/url] Click "Santa's New Sleigh"

I hope you like it. PM for any questions or if you want to customize one. If you are in Boston, I can also deliver via Vespa

Cheers,
~Caryn
@oultondave avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Blue 70th anniversary Vespa GTS 300

Molto Verboso
@oultondave avatar
Blue 70th anniversary Vespa GTS 300
UTC quote
And free, with free shipping to the UK, send me half a dozen young man!!!!
@el_josh_aka_ruby avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 250ie

Addicted
@el_josh_aka_ruby avatar
GTS 250ie
UTC quote
I call bs. It's not even thanksgiving yet and yesterday when I went to wal-mart they were blaring x-mas tunes. I mean WTF?
@christos_x avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
No Scooter no more...

Molto Verboso
@christos_x avatar
No Scooter no more...
UTC quote
Unfortunatly you'r wrong Mr / Mrs / Miss OPer...

ITS ALWAYS TOO EARLY FOR CHRISTMAS........ grrrrrrr
OP
UTC

2004 ET2 Silver

2004 ET2 Silver
UTC quote
dear m.v community,

so the above two comments felt really out of line. I put that up here b/c i made something that if i was to have an xmas tree i would want as a vespa lover.

Furthermore, since this is designed by me, it has to be put for sale early so it can simply be made to order. Unlike wal-mart where it is mass produced by some kid in asia who gets paid in rice, this is an object that is designed to be special but has added value in that you as the buyer can know its helping a poor art student.

So yes, i apologize its not thanksgiving but when target picks up my stuff one day i'll ask them, on your behalf, to hold off on the xmas stuff until after thanksgiving. Until then i'm sorry, christos x and El Josh AKA Ruby.

Oultondave, if you want a dozen i'll do it but i cant do it for free. Ya know, the whole art school thing... and i'd for sure ship to england!
@christos_x avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
No Scooter no more...

Molto Verboso
@christos_x avatar
No Scooter no more...
UTC quote
My anti early Christmas thang wasnt directed at you personally, so I appologise if it offends. I just have a huge problem with the over commerciality (is that a word??) of it all. I hate the whole "Ok so we've just done Easter, now bring out the Christams stuff " that most major retailers have.

Sorry, and i hope you sell enough of your work to make it work, good luck

and Merry Christmas to you
@el_josh_aka_ruby avatar
UTC

Addicted
GTS 250ie

Addicted
@el_josh_aka_ruby avatar
GTS 250ie
UTC quote
It's just a shift that I don't like. It wasn't even Halloween yet and my local Lowes already had x-mas stuff up. I'm already sick of x-mas music and it isn't even thanksgiving yet. Black Friday looks like it is starting earlier and earlier. I just want to enjoy each of my holidays one at a time. I don't want to be burned out on Christmas seeing as it's my favorite holiday of the year. I'm like friggin Pavlov's Dog right now getting all hot and bothered as I wait till the day after Thanksgiving to pimp out my house Griswold style.
The post wasn't intended to offend you. Sorry that it did. I dig your products and might even buy one for my tree.
@zwerski avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
"Thread Killer Extraordinaire!"

Molto Verboso
@zwerski avatar
"Thread Killer Extraordinaire!"
UTC quote
christos x wrote:
ITS ALWAYS TOO EARLY FOR CHRISTMAS........ grrrrrrr
Correct. My views on "Santa" explained nicely here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Claus_in_Northern_American_culture

In our family, we refer to the guy as Saint Nicholas, in the Germanic tradition, celebrate Saint Nicholas Day (put your shoes outside!) and forget all the crap about Santa. We give gifts, but they are meaningful and useful, just the kind of wonderful things the OP makes and sells!

I have to tow the line at work (I'm a teacher) but try to keep it as "real" as I can at home. I HATE the way the holiday and folktale and gift-giving aspect of the holiday has been bastardized and skewed, and I will resist with all my might to let my son be exposed to this, as long as possible. The "magical" aspect of the gift-giving visitor, Saint Nicholas, will always remain, but I vow to protect him from the onslaught of exposure to commercial pressures we all have been steeped in for so long.

I say: "Yay, Christmas! BOOO Santa!"
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0101s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0018s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]