OP
UTC

ET4 125cc

ET4 125cc
UTC quote
I have a '98 Vespa ET4 125cc and i bought a new speedo cable for it. I was wondering what holds the cable in place at the wheel end?

I installed the new cable but i can pull it out at the wheel end, should i be able to do that?

I havent had the bike running so i cant even tell you if it works. So anyone know?

Thanks.
OP
UTC

ET4 125cc

ET4 125cc
UTC quote
Anyone know ?
@bluebuddha avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Kitted ET4.

Molto Verboso
@bluebuddha avatar
Kitted ET4.
UTC quote
Pics. might help, if you can post em'.....
@genie avatar
UTC

Gobshite Shiva
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'

Gobshite Shiva
@genie avatar
Kymco Downtown 300i the 'Dolphin Noise'
UTC quote
according to the haynes manual.....

"on models with monoshock front suspension [i.e. your ET4] first remove the brake caliper lower mounting bolt, which also secures the cable guide, noting the washer behind it. now fully slacken the bolt securing the cable retaining plate, then draw the cable out of the rubber grommet. there is no need to remove the retaining plate unless necessary. if required, remove the plate, then lever out the rubber grommet and withdraw the drive gear for regreasing. renew the grommet if it is damaged or deteriorated."

the illustrations indicate that there should be a little wire retaining clip for the speedo cable, secured behind the lower mounting bolt for the brake caliper. maybe you're missing this retaining clip? it just looks like a little bit of twisted wire. if you're able to pull the cable out you may be missing the retaining plate, and/or you may need to renew the grommet.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
OP
UTC

ET4 125cc

ET4 125cc
UTC quote
Thanks genie & bluebuddha. All sorted now, i took it all apart and found a piece of the old snapped cable in the mechanism.

Thanks for the help.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0099s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0031s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]