@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
The trunk to my mp3 250 is giving me trouble. We need to push the key in and turn it counter clockwise to open, nothing happens today while I try to open the trunk. It is sort of like nothing is happening at the switch. Anyone else have this problem before? Crying or Very sad emoticon Cheers!
@jimc avatar
UTC

Moderaptor
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300

Moderaptor
@jimc avatar
The Hornet (GT200, aka Love Bug) and 'Dimples' - a GTS 300
UTC quote
Do you have key-fob remote for it on the 250? If so does that work?

If not, I'd suspect the cable connection at the latch end. It may have come adrift...
UTC

Hooked
piaggio mp3 500

Hooked
piaggio mp3 500
UTC quote
mine did the same
mine did the same thing and still does once in awhile on my 500, my remedy is a good ol smack on the rear seat.. Works eveytime for now, it's just bad alighnment...
@chillicrab avatar
UTC

Hooked
MP3 398.9

Hooked
@chillicrab avatar
MP3 398.9
UTC quote
i had some trouble opening my fuel cover once. i had to jiggle it while turning the key to get it to open. maybe you can do the same with the trunk (get someone to help you unless you have arms like an orangutan) Razz emoticon
OP
@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
chillicrab wrote:
i had some trouble opening my fuel cover once. i had to jiggle it while turning the key to get it to open. maybe you can do the same with the trunk (get someone to help you unless you have arms like an orangutan) Razz emoticon
Laughing emoticon I have been doing that since day one cos the fuel cover will not tilt open unless i give it a push at where the hinge is. And you are right, I do not have arms like an orangutan. Razz emoticon And jimc, you might be right about the latch disengaging cos this morning I put in an overall and my Alpinestar riding suit into the trunk! I was thinking about this an hour ago. I will give it a check and update on this later. Cheers!
OP
@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
Re: mine did the same
g42873t wrote:
mine did the same thing and still does once in awhile on my 500, my remedy is a good ol smack on the rear seat.. Works eveytime for now, it's just bad alighnment...
Laughing emoticon Problem gone! Gave the latch a bit of shake and slam the cover down hard! Good as new. Razz emoticon Cheers!
@ramblerdan avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
2009 MP3 400

Ossessionato
@ramblerdan avatar
2009 MP3 400
UTC quote
Fuel door
I had the same problem. See this thread.
@emptynest avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP 3

Addicted
@emptynest avatar
MP 3
UTC quote
My fuel cover always gives me a hard time. I have to turn the key and pry it with my finger, then it pops open.
OP
@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
emptynest wrote:
My fuel cover always gives me a hard time. I have to turn the key and pry it with my finger, then it pops open.
Try pushing down the other end where the hinge is.I do that all the time and the cover will pop open when there is pressure at the hinged end. Cheers!
@emptynest avatar
UTC

Addicted
MP 3

Addicted
@emptynest avatar
MP 3
UTC quote
Yes, I think that's what I do to pop it open..
UTC

MP3 500

MP3 500
UTC quote
sticking fuel door
I had the same problem within the first week of owning my 500. I discovered there was a slight amount of corrosion on the latch and once I cleaned everything up and put a drop of oil on it the door pops open as advertised.
OP
@sh_lim avatar
UTC

Addicted
mp3 250

Addicted
@sh_lim avatar
mp3 250
UTC quote
Re: sticking fuel door
rmmes wrote:
I had the same problem within the first week of owning my 500. I discovered there was a slight amount of corrosion on the latch and once I cleaned everything up and put a drop of oil on it the door pops open as advertised.
Laughing emoticon good work done! Might try it myself. Cheers!
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0126s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0033s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]