UTC

Enthusiast
GTV 250

Enthusiast
@knighterrant avatar
GTV 250
UTC quote
Hey all:

Sorry to ask but neither Edmunds or Kelly's Blue Book (or the other sites I checked out) had an answer for me; I turn now to you all.

What would be a fair price on a 2008 GTV 250 (Grey, if color matters), 600 miles, and in like new condition? This would be southern/east coast pricing, in American dollars). Might have an opportunity here, if it does materialize.

Thanks!
@nightwing avatar
UTC

Contributor
2007 LX 150 (memories)

Contributor
@nightwing avatar
2007 LX 150 (memories)
UTC quote
Maybe $500- $800 below new sticker. You still save prep, freight and title fees. Private sale vs dealer would probably make a difference.
UTC

Banned
GTS 250ie YELLOW N WHITE,Giallo Lime

Banned
GTS 250ie YELLOW N WHITE,Giallo Lime
UTC quote
Re: Price Check!?
Knighterrant wrote:
Hey all:

Sorry to ask but neither Edmunds or Kelly's Blue Book (or the other sites I checked out) had an answer for me; I turn now to you all.

What would be a fair price on a 2008 GTV 250 (Grey, if color matters), 600 miles, and in like new condition? This would be southern/east coast pricing, in American dollars). Might have an opportunity here, if it does materialize.

Thanks!
----------------------------------------
As much as you are willing to spend, roughly in this market $5,200.04
YardSale
8)
OP
@knighterrant avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTV 250

Enthusiast
@knighterrant avatar
GTV 250
UTC quote
I was figuring between $6250, $6500 myself...the savings over an out the door deal seem to be well worth the 600 miles.
@sdg avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti
63 GS160 MK1 / GT60 / Sean Wotherspoon

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@sdg avatar
UTC quote
Knighterrant wrote:
Hey all:

Thanks!
Well...........for starters...........

Piaggio didn't make a Grey 08 GTV 250, only Sienna White and Portofino Green. Do some more digging and get back to us.

SDG
@witch avatar
UTC

Moderatrice Strega

Moderatrice Strega
@witch avatar
UTC quote
SDG wrote:
Piaggio didn't make a Grey 08 GTV 250, only Sienna White and Portofino Green. Do some more digging and get back to us.
I thought they did do a few Avio Greys in the earlier part of '08. Siena Ivory is considered an '09 color. I always have thought the scheme of offering a "next year's model" in the current year was a bit silly, but whatever.
OP
@knighterrant avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTV 250

Enthusiast
@knighterrant avatar
GTV 250
UTC quote
hmm. Well, I hit the internet and it appears the green and grey were both offered in 2007 and 2008...I don't know why they didnt use the color for 2009...research also incidcated that, among those three colors, grey was the fastest
@sdg avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@sdg avatar
UTC quote
Witch wrote:
SDG wrote:
I thought they did do a few Avio Greys in the earlier part of '08. Siena Ivory is considered an '09 color. I always have thought the scheme of offering a "next year's model" in the current year was a bit silly, but whatever.
I am going with nope, nope, and nope.

Avio Grey ................07 Model
Portofino Green.........08/09 Model
Sienna White.............08/09 Model

There was no new model, just a mid year color swap.

Best,
SDG
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
UTC quote
Knighterrant:
SDG is a Vespa dealer. You can rely on any info they give you re. Vespa colors/years offered.
@sdg avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@sdg avatar
UTC quote
XLR8 wrote:
Knighterrant:
SDG is a Vespa dealer. You can rely on any info they give you re. Vespa colors/years offered.
Thanks for the vote of confidence XLR8 and nice group of GTS's you got there.

Well the point is to the original poster the scooter he is looking at is an 07 which is nice, just wanted him to know what he is looking at.

Reading a vin number from left to right the 10th digit is the year, in this case it will be a "7".

If we had a real nice 07 GTV Grey at our store we would probably be asking $5500-5800.

Best,
SDG
@toneyl avatar
UTC

Addicted
Piaggio LT150

Addicted
@toneyl avatar
Piaggio LT150
UTC quote
If you use Firefox, you can use http://crazedlist.org/ to search craigslist nationwide (or just select southeastern cities) for prices.

If not, just use Google and search: 2008 vespa gtv 250 site:craigslist.org

It should give you some asking prices nationwide. You could also check eBay motors completed auctions.

Good luck!
OP
@knighterrant avatar
UTC

Enthusiast
GTV 250

Enthusiast
@knighterrant avatar
GTV 250
UTC quote
Thanks all!
Sorry to doubt you SDG and thanks to all. I have a better position to negotiate from now...I may be looking at one this coming weekend.
@sdg avatar
UTC

Veni, Vidi, Posti

Veni, Vidi, Posti
@sdg avatar
UTC quote
Re: Thanks all!
Knighterrant wrote:
Sorry to doubt you SDG and thanks to all. I have a better position to negotiate from now...I may be looking at one this coming weekend.
No problem and good luck. I am human and it is very possible (lol) that I could be corrected on MV for an oversight however generally speaking since I do this 24/7 I am a pretty reliable source as many others are of course on MV. In addition to loving my scooter buddies I like to assist when I can.

Best,
SDG
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0138s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0033s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]