OP
UTC

Lurker
lx50

Lurker
lx50
UTC quote
i have a 2stroke vespa lx50

it is great, but only goes 40mph on flat, and i need a slight bit more speed, i am looking to buy a sports pipe and a set of new rollers, and have found a website which sells both of these:

pipe: http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p/STAGE-6-EXHAUST---PRO-REPLICA--2105.aspx

rollers: http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p/MALOSSI-SCOOTER-RACE-ROLLERS-1-553.aspx

i have 2 questions
1) how much faster would this make my scooter?
2) what weight rollers shall i get? is simply, the lightest the best?

THANKS A LOT
@got_mine avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
2007 LX190 RIP 1980 Honda CM400T SOLD 2013 Shadow 750 RIP

Molto Verboso
@got_mine avatar
2007 LX190 RIP 1980 Honda CM400T SOLD 2013 Shadow 750 RIP
UTC quote
If my old man memory serves me at all...
I think if you change the pipe you have to upjet a little also..
After any Mod which changes engine process you have to do a plugchop to check you carb setting...
@scootermarc69 avatar
UTC

Ossessionato

Ossessionato
@scootermarc69 avatar
UTC quote
The pipe will put your power band higher, so you will want lighter rollers. Experiment with roller weights to get the best results. You can mix two different weights to fine tune.
OP
UTC

Lurker
lx50

Lurker
lx50
UTC quote
alright, thanks

any idea at all what sort of difference to top speed / acceleration that pipe would do?
@dragonredlx50 avatar
UTC

Hooked
LX50

Hooked
@dragonredlx50 avatar
LX50
UTC quote
modding 50
Mine is a 4 stroke, and I did a cylinder kit and power cam. It increased my top speed like 20%. Cost to have it installed 800 dollars. The increase in speed is great but the real charm is the responsive-ness at lights and climbing hills.
UTC

LX150ie

LX150ie
UTC quote
heres a queston... the stock exhaust has a pipe coming out to the Secondary Air System, which i guess is to do with emission control? i'd like to do the exhaust on my LX too, but perfm exhaust don't have the SAS pipe hole. can you just block the SAS pipe off and to what effect on the bike?
@hudman avatar
UTC

S50 / LXS 50/ GL 150

@hudman avatar
S50 / LXS 50/ GL 150
UTC quote
40mph? that's the speed it does from the dealer in england?
that's 62km/h
I live in Sweden, we like tche geermans are restricted to 45km/h.
That's not the case with GB?

I removed the restrictions on mine and it does around 58km/h so that's around 40mph, but that's on a good day.

There's an english company i'm told makes the best exhausts
https://www.pmtuning.co.uk/
Nothing on the website but they do carry them. They build monsters.

Only worry is the noice i'd say.
In central Stockholm there's a cop car every 100 yards and they pull you over at random for a routine alcohol level test (haha no I don't drive like a drunk).

You don't want to be heard three blocks away. Then you'd might as well buy a Hayabusa and go 180mph. Over here the it has the same penalty as for modifying so..

I'm looking to build a sleeper that does maybe 50mph, good accelleration and nothing looking like a laser gun previously owned by a ninja turtle sticking out next to the rear wheel and nobody fails to notice it.
(can't understand guys who put STAGE6 stickers on their bikes. It's like about as bright as having a Carlsberg sticker and another one that says Honk if I seem too drunk.. that's just asking for trouble)
@hudman avatar
UTC

S50 / LXS 50/ GL 150

@hudman avatar
S50 / LXS 50/ GL 150
UTC quote
meanstreetsmike wrote:
heres a queston... the stock exhaust has a pipe coming out to the Secondary Air System, which i guess is to do with emission control? i'd like to do the exhaust on my LX too, but perfm exhaust don't have the SAS pipe hole. can you just block the SAS pipe off and to what effect on the bike?
I've been told difffently about the SAS pipe.
The "better to burn out than fade away" guys just say Cut it! Nothing's happened to my Gilera.
The dealer sayed the original cylinder will not run correctly without SAS.

I think the truth lies somewhere in between but a rule with Piaggio engiens.. Their built on reputation and the reputation they will last as long as a VW Beatle Hitlerwagon..

So with that in mind.. we're not doing surgery on a small sensitive animal.

The only thing gilera guys (have about the same engien apart from some parts that i'd guess are of less quality than what Piaggio puts the Vespa logo on) seem to worry about is that some 70cc cylinders have so much hp it puts strain on the crank bearing so you need to change that too.. but then you're talking about 20+ hp and we're running on.. 2?
@lifer avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Black Molly - GTS 300

Molto Verboso
@lifer avatar
Black Molly - GTS 300
UTC quote
They took the little ring out of the auto clutch assembly (sorry, don't know the proper name) and I went from 45 kmp to 72 kmp without further modifications.

I just wanted to be able to keep up with city traffic which is supposed to go 50 kmh but everyone does 60 kmh
@hudman avatar
UTC

S50 / LXS 50/ GL 150

@hudman avatar
S50 / LXS 50/ GL 150
UTC quote
Lifer wrote:
They took the little ring out of the auto clutch assembly (sorry, don't know the proper name) and I went from 45 kmp to 72 kmp without further modifications.

I just wanted to be able to keep up with city traffic which is supposed to go 50 kmh but everyone does 60 kmh
That's.. that's really fast.
I did the same thing and Piaggios manual for derestriction states you need a bigger jet so you go from a.. Can't remember the size but i've posted the correct number here in the thread.. More rpm = needs more fuel both for burning and for cooling since it runs so hot.

72km/h!! Mine does a mere 58. I've done 68 I think on long downslopes but it's not the CDI that holds it back.. feels like it's the exhaust.

Sweden and Germany has the same restrictions. Funny how you must have a different factory exhaust.
The LXS/S model is supposed to have a lot less restrictions built in and the exhaust looks identical to that of a Swedish model LX50.

I envy you! Bet you get a lot of accelleration too!

I'm looking at a gianelli pipe and some welding to get mine to go 80km/h.
Then it will sound like a chainsaw.. that's so tempting being i live in the middle of central stockholm with a police car every 100 meters.

We didn't buy LX to go really fast.. and we didn't buy it to get a lot of attention..
Spoke to a guy who claimed we could build a real sleaper from a 80cc cylinder with the same carb and exhaust.. better compression and a lower
rpm so no noice at all.

Gonna do that for the spring!
@hudman avatar
UTC

S50 / LXS 50/ GL 150

@hudman avatar
S50 / LXS 50/ GL 150
UTC quote
oh yeah cited the wrong thread..

The regular jet for 45km/h north europe Piaggio writes is the factory manual to be a 57.
There's a chapter in the manual for derestricting and restricting derestricted bikes.
It states "If you remove the from the regulator you are to change the main jet from 57 to 64 or 66 depending on circumstances.. mainly heat I'd guess.

This is for the Vespa LXS 50/S 50.
It has a 17.5mm carb.

When they changed the jet the whole thing sprayed fuel through the exhaust (the exhaust was so cool you could put your chin on it after a long drive but the fuel gauge worked as a minute timer. Could only drive for 40minutes before out of petrol) and since it takes 2 months to get an service at the licenced dealer i just turned the blending screw as far as it was possible.
Think it was 7 rounds clock counterwise.
This is insane since you're supposed to turn it one revelation or maybe two or two and a one half rev.. but this did the trick for me..

It sounds and feels as though it's muffled with a pillow and wants out of it's jailcell.. Terrible thing restricting such a nice engien making the sparkplugs black although the exhaust is hotter than hell.
⬆️    About 1 month elapsed    ⬇️
UTC

LX150ie

LX150ie
UTC quote
so theres lots of threads on kitting the LX50 so i'll just type here rather than starting a new one or spending too long searching

finally put on the malossi kit, variator and a new exhaust on my LX (two stroke)... but what do i need to do in the way of jetting?!

its running factory atm but what size should i go to?
UTC

LX150ie

LX150ie
UTC quote
so theres lots of threads on kitting the LX50 so i'll just type here rather than starting a new one or spending too long searching

finally put on the malossi kit, variator and a new exhaust on my LX (two stroke)... but what do i need to do in the way of jetting?!

its running factory atm but exactly what size should i go to?
@generoso avatar
UTC

Vespa GTS 300 Super

@generoso avatar
Vespa GTS 300 Super
UTC quote
Have anybody try to mount 150 Cylinder block on lx 50 ?
Can it mount, in the sense have it right space ?
It can be very cool, an LX 50 with cylinder block of 150, what modified also? Carburettor and gear I think.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0119s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0061s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]