OP
@liz avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@liz avatar
UTC quote
Hey all,
I've been thinking about replacing my Sava's on my FLY 150 with better tires.

I've been considering going with a bigger tire in the rear (perv.. i know what you're thinking Laughing emoticon ).
Do you know what size the stock tires are and if there are any downfalls to replacing them with a bigger tire (ie room for the larger diameter)?
Thanks
@super-fly avatar
UTC

Molto Verboso
Vespa GTS300ie

Molto Verboso
@super-fly avatar
Vespa GTS300ie
UTC quote
The tyres are 120/70-12 front and rear , you could fit a 130/70-12 on the rear but will be slower from a standstill due to the larger diameter .

I just stick to piaggio,s designed size
@joel_hamilton avatar
UTC

Addicted
'07 GTS (RIP) '09 GTS Ducati M750

Addicted
@joel_hamilton avatar
UTC quote
Get rid of the sava's. You will be so psyched.
The ride is SO much better with better tires, and dont wory about the loss of acceleration off the line with a slightly larger rear tire, it simply is not a big issue.
I have ridden both, and the performance off the line is determined be almost every other factor than the small percentage in rear tire size.
On the other hand, the straight line tracking and overall feel of the scoot will improve.

Enjoy. FOr sure get rid of the sava's.
OP
@liz avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@liz avatar
UTC quote
Joel Hamilton wrote:
On the other hand, the straight line tracking and overall feel of the scoot will improve.

Thanks for the input. What do you mean when you said "straight line tracking"? and is that better with a 130/70 12 or a 120/70 12?
Thanks again
OP
@liz avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@liz avatar
UTC quote
So I'm having difficulty deciding which Tire to buy. I decided to go with 130/70-12 on the rear and 120/70-12 on the front.
Should i get the Heidenau k 58, k 61, or k62..... or the conti zippy's??
So many choices for only 2 wheels

Thanks
@joel_hamilton avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@joel_hamilton avatar
UTC quote
Liz wrote:
Joel Hamilton wrote:

Thanks for the input. What do you mean when you said "straight line tracking"? and is that better with a 130/70 12 or a 120/70 12?
Thanks again
The way the scoot goes straight. Thats what I mean by "straight line tracking." Basically the difference between "not confidence inspiring" at 60 mph, and "i didnt even notice I was going 60 already" for example.
Does your ride feel sketchy at speed? the slightly larger tire, in my experience, helps with that feeling. Just more confident.
If it were up to me, I would get the k61 or the zippy's. I like both.
@cdscoot avatar
UTC

Hooked
GTS250IE DRAGON RED

Hooked
@cdscoot avatar
GTS250IE DRAGON RED
UTC quote
With new tires, no matter what size they are, it will be soooo much easier to catch that fly you have been trying to get!
OP
@liz avatar
UTC

Hooked

Hooked
@liz avatar
UTC quote
thanks for the replies.

The only reason I'm looking into k 58 is because of the rain... Will Zippy's be better then the sava's in the rain?
Thanks
@joel_hamilton avatar
UTC

Addicted

Addicted
@joel_hamilton avatar
UTC quote
Liz wrote:
thanks for the replies.

The only reason I'm looking into k 58 is because of the rain... Will Zippy's be better then the sava's in the rain?
Thanks
The Heide's compound is better in the wet, IMO.
The zippy's are okay in the rain, thats what i have on my scoot right now. Any tire can feel sketchy in the rain, depends on whether you are trying to race or just get home safe. If you are trying to really ride fast out comm ave in the rain, the old train tracks at packards corner (??) are going to suck no matter what you have on there.
Yes, I lived in boston for a minute, but it was a long time ago. Regardless, the sentiment is valid. Rain requires attention when on two wheels, regardless of the tire.
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0170s ][ Queries: 3 (0.0076s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]