OP
UTC

UTC quote
What a project this turned out to be. Crying or Very sad emoticon I was able to finally get the cover off the CVT. And although it was dusty, I have seen worse. I gave every square inch a good shot of air from my compressor and then moved onto the bell housing and clutch pads. Sure enough, the bell housing was very shiny or "glazed" and the pads were also "glazed". I ran some Scotch Brite on the inside of the bell housing and then some sandpaper (120 grit) and then some more Scotch Brite. Then I did the same on the clutch pads. Blew everything one more time (the belt looked just like a belt with 3500 miles should...a bit worn but the width within spec)

Then came the fun part of putting this over engineered piece of Italian "art" back together. Geez, what a task that was. So many screws and so many "why did they do that like that?" out of my mouth. I see now why some mechanics get the rates that they do. The whole job took me about 2.5 hours.

I have included some pictures and wish I had more, but I was so hot, tired and greasy, it was too much.

Took her out for a ride and the shuddering was gone...thank God!

Thanks again to everyone for their input.

Next post will be about my fuel leak from the top of the gas tank where the fuel gauge sending module attaches.

Ride safe,

Kris
Forum member supplied image with no explanatory text
@tikka avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794

Ossessionato
@tikka avatar
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794
UTC quote
Hey Kris ... great news you got that sorted out. That 2.5 hrs in the heat today would have cost a pretty penny at a dealer. It's great you were able to tackle it.

Now did you keep the Aprilia SR50 or sell it for this one?
OP
UTC

UTC quote
Tikka Masala wrote:
Hey Kris ... great news you got that sorted out. That 2.5 hrs in the heat today would have cost a pretty penny at a dealer. It's great you were able to tackle it.

Now did you keep the Aprilia SR50 or sell it for this one?
Hey Tom,

Yes, unfortunately the SR-50 had to go in order to get the BV200. Deal is done (eBay) just need to get buyer to pick-up (maybe Thursday). That was a great ride and I will miss it. I looked into getting some more work done to make it faster etc., but in the end, it is still a 50cc and I had hit the ceiling.

I hope your excellent ride is treating you well. It has been hot, but I hope you have been getting some good rides in.

Take care,
Kris
@tikka avatar
UTC

Ossessionato
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794

Ossessionato
@tikka avatar
07 GTS250ie VCOA#2794
UTC quote
Well Kris I am sure you will enjoy having the bigger scoot. As you know, Patrick from the HCSC also has a BV200. He loves it.

My GTS is doing great. 825 on the odo now at 1 month old.

Take care,

Tom
DoubleGood Design banner

Modern Vespa is the premier site for modern Vespa and Piaggio scooters. Vespa GTS300, GTS250, GTV, GT200, LX150, LXS, ET4, ET2, MP3, Fuoco, Elettrica and more.

Buy Me A Coffee

Shop on Amazon with Modern Vespa

Modern Vespa is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

All Content Copyright 2005-2024 by Modern Vespa.
All Rights Reserved.

[ Time: 0.0121s ][ Queries: 4 (0.0047s) ][ live ][ 313 ][ ThingOne ]